LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He's the biggest low-life scumbag the NFL has ever seen. He makes T.O. look like Walter Payton.
and when he becomes a free agent and gets courted by the niners then what do we say?
Originally posted by cciowa:
He's the biggest low-life scumbag the NFL has ever seen. He makes T.O. look like Walter Payton.
and when he becomes a free agent and gets courted by the niners then what do we say?

I don't think anyone is saying he's not a great player. But he takes his cockiness and attitude a little too far. We can mention people like Deion Sanders all we want, who was definitely cocky and full of himself. But I have NEVER seen any player behave and react to game situations the way Sherman does. He calls out individual players and coaches and insults them and disrespects them. That shows a disrespect for the game in general, and that's bound to catch up with him as a player.
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-playoff-film-review-let-check-richard-213846006--nfl.html;_ylt=A0SO8yJJ6d5SMCAAlDFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0cDJlNGlqBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM2MV8x

Good read.
Thank you.

f**k greg cosell
Originally posted by cciowa:

His attitude would keep me from wanting him on this team. As good as he is, I don't want that associated with the 49ers. Good thing I don't have any say in the matter.
Sherman is a really good player that talks trash because he can back it up. Kap threw a terrible pass and it ended our season. To be honest he very nearly ended our season by throwing what should have been a pick six against the Packers on the final drive. We got lucky and the defender dropped the ball. This time we were not so lucky,
Kap's inaccuracy as a drop back passer had been an issue all season. He had done a decent job covering up that flaw by making big plays with his legs. In the NFL though you eventually have to drop back and throw accurate passes in tight windows. There wasn;t a single time this season where Kap threw a fade pass into the endzone that resulted in a TD. Not even once.

There is a reason so called running qbs rarely win the Superbowl. If Kaep can't develop into a better drop back passer then were in big trouble.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Kap is an idiot when it comes to looking his options over in the field during the play. The guy just stares down 1 WR every freakin time

Is it safe to say that the honeymoon is over for Kap?
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Kap is an idiot when it comes to looking his options over in the field during the play. The guy just stares down 1 WR every freakin time

Is it safe to say that the honeymoon is over for Kap?

They'll get over it.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Kap's inaccuracy as a drop back passer had been an issue all season. He had done a decent job covering up that flaw by making big plays with his legs. In the NFL though you eventually have to drop back and throw accurate passes in tight windows. There wasn;t a single time this season where Kap threw a fade pass into the endzone that resulted in a TD. Not even once.

There is a reason so called running qbs rarely win the Superbowl. If Kaep can't develop into a better drop back passer then were in big trouble.

Kap needs to switch to his left arm for touch and fade passes. Keep the right arm for the rocket lasers.
Originally posted by nflguy49:

Kap needs to switch to his left arm for touch and fade passes. Keep the right arm for the rocket lasers.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

He needs to learn to read defenses and go through his progressions or else switch to a new position (running back). The Niners can draft new linemen, cornerbacks, runningbacks etc. We will still fall short of a Super Bowl Championship if Kap doesn't learn from the mistakes he made at the end of the Super Bowl loss and the NFC Championship. Throwing a fade pass short and inside against tight coverage (not to mention its freaking Sherman in covg) was just stupid. Kap makes it worse by stating he will always take that matchup. So he would lose the game again if given a second chance?

He forces throws like the one that ended our season because he doesn't go through his progressions (that's not good for a 3rd yr qb). He snapped the ball and never turned his head to the left where he had three open receivers and threw the ball where everyone in the stadium and watching on TV knew was a mistake even before Sherman made the play. So unless he makes major improvements as a drop back passer in the redzone next season will end the same way.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
If Sherman doesn't learn to tone it down and respect other players, it will eventually catch up with him. This game always humbles people, no matter who they are. And Sherman is going to get his someday if he continues down this path.

Crabtree is soooo respectful. Word of Crab starting a fight at a charity event? I Guarantee there was trash talking on the field during that game, which was probably played a part in that interview. not to mention in this picture, Sherman is extending a handshake, Crabtree is shoving his face. now you can argue that it's in the heat of the game and Crabtree was just revved up about losing the game winning play to Sherman, but Sherman was in the same position in that interview. He just blocked the game winning pass from the 49ers. he just secured their teams spot in the Superbowl. The hawks in general are a down to earth team, they respect what they've earned, and have started from the bottom to make it here. Crab and Kap are skipping along on the coat tails of the 49ers of the past and it's blown their ego's sky high. 5 rings, yet the last one was in 1995, and last year was their first superbowl appearance in 17 years.
Originally posted by fourtywhinersfan:
Crabtree is soooo respectful. Word of Crab starting a fight at a charity event? I Guarantee there was trash talking on the field during that game, which was probably played a part in that interview. not to mention in this picture, Sherman is extending a handshake, Crabtree is shoving his face. now you can argue that it's in the heat of the game and Crabtree was just revved up about losing the game winning play to Sherman, but Sherman was in the same position in that interview. He just blocked the game winning pass from the 49ers. he just secured their teams spot in the Superbowl. The hawks in general are a down to earth team, they respect what they've earned, and have started from the bottom to make it here. Crab and Kap are skipping along on the coat tails of the 49ers of the past and it's blown their ego's sky high. 5 rings, yet the last one was in 1995, and last year was their first superbowl appearance in 17 years.
Get the H out ta here! You don't talk down to a champion no matter how long ago it was. I've witnessed all five and you guys act just like all the others that haven't been here before. Just stop it and grow up. Go win the big one and do it with class but don't come puffing your chest out here. We regal over here
I'm simply expressing my opinion on the Crabtree Sherman fiasco. Sherman said "hell of a game" and Crabtree got butt hurt over it. I wasn't talking down to a champion, I was expressing my distaste for kap and crab's arrogance, note they haven't won a Super Bowl championship. I'm not puffing my chest at anything? Kap is caught up in the fortune and fame while the hawks care about the game and using their fortune to help others and make a difference. That's my observation
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fourtywhinersfan:

You find it ok to run (literally, he ran) up to the opponents hear whom you just broke and scream "THAT WAS A GREAT GAME!!" Into their face and try to shake their hand like theyre your best friend? THE f**k OUTA HERE, nobody wants to shake your f**king hand.
Share 49ersWebzone