LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That was the impression I got from that last play. It was a personal thing with sherman vs harbaugh kaepernick & crabtree.
Originally posted by clearmind:
That was the impression I got from that last play. It was a personal thing with sherman vs harbaugh kaepernick & crabtree.

If that was the case, it sucks. He got into their heads and got them to do exactly what he wanted. Then he made a play.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-playoff-film-review-let-check-richard-213846006--nfl.html;_ylt=A0SO8yJJ6d5SMCAAlDFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0cDJlNGlqBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM2MV8x
Kap is an idiot when it comes to looking his options over in the field during the play. The guy just stares down 1 WR every freakin time
Originally posted by danimal:
You have to understand, most fans will always focus on what their team did wrong as opposed to the officials, because there is no solution with the officials. You simply stop watching the NFL or not.

But yes, I agree with you. The way I see it the officials, not the Seahawks or Niners; cost us 3-7 points.

Look at the BS unnecessary roughness calls they flagged on the Niners in the first half. Especially the one at the end that basically took away one last short possession. So TWO completely arbitrary calls against the Niners and NONE against the seattle. Now add in the running into the kicker(which is actually one of the NFL's easiest rules, is the punters plant leg hit or not?)

The 13th man took away two scoring opporunities from us and NEVER called anything innapropriate or borderline on the Hawks so they cost them nothing.

Basic logic dictates the outcome most probably would have been different, regardless of Kaep going full retard at the end or the Niners few but very costly failures on D

Originally posted by danimal:
It is not about blame. One should not blame the officials, but one should point at specific calls and assign value.

I assign a 3-7 point value on the way the game was called.

I blame the Niners for about 10-14 points based on 3 Kaep turnovers, and about 3 TERRIBLE defensive plays

So the game should have been about10 point win for SF had it not been for 6 plays, should have been probably a tie small SF lead if the game was called more evenly.

Its not blame, its analysis

Agree with most of your points. It is up to the team to take the refs out of the game by limiting mistakes and scoring. The niners turned the game over to the Seahawks and the refs helped, but were not needed.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Is it karma that Baldwin & Sherman were the 2 most important factors in seattles win over the 49ers?
Was it Harbaugh decision to try make the last play against Sherman?

It sounds like Harbaugh and Baldwin have buried the hatchet.

Sherman, on the other hand, is too emotionally immature to put past grievances behind him (as evidenced by the Harbaugh ass slap during a previous game, among many other things). He carries such a huge chip on his shoulder that it has dwarfed his personality. I think karma would weigh against Sherman no matter what, even if Stalin were coaching.

That said, I do wonder if they decided to attempt that pass to try to one-up the strongest part of Seattle's team. I get a little bit of a pissing contest vibe from it that I can't explain.

If Sherman doesn't learn to tone it down and respect other players, it will eventually catch up with him. This game always humbles people, no matter who they are. And Sherman is going to get his someday if he continues down this path.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-playoff-film-review-let-check-richard-213846006--nfl.html;_ylt=A0SO8yJJ6d5SMCAAlDFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0cDJlNGlqBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM2MV8x

Good read.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

If that was the case, it sucks. He got into their heads and got them to do exactly what he wanted. Then he made a play.

That is not what happened.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
If Sherman doesn't learn to tone it down and respect other players, it will eventually catch up with him. This game always humbles people, no matter who they are. And Sherman is going to get his someday if he continues down this path.

Yes, but he is getting what he wants...attention. He is in WWF mode and will make himself a household name...which is money in the bank. He make me sick but I think he is smarter than he appears business-wise. He told an interviewer that he analyzed all the DBs who have become famous and is setting his course to join them.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Yes, but he is getting what he wants...attention. He is in WWF mode and will make himself a household name...which is money in the bank. He make me sick but I think he is smarter than he appears business-wise. He told an interviewer that he analyzed all the DBs who have become famous and is setting his course to join them.

Right now he is. But at some point this will hurt him. I'm not saying he can't talk trash during the game or exude a lot of confidence. Most great DB's do that. But he takes it further in directly disrespecting opposing players and coaches. What was the point of him barking a Brady the way he did last year? What is the point of him talking about Crabtree the way he did? He's also a liar, and makes up scenarios to make himself angrier. He's going to be beat at some point. He's going to mess up a play. He's going to lose games. And someone is going to return the favor and call him out. I just don't see any long term benefit in behaving this way.

Right now he is. But at some point this will hurt him. I'm not saying he can't talk trash during the game or exude a lot of confidence. Most great DB's do that. But he takes it further in directly disrespecting opposing players and coaches. What was the point of him barking a Brady the way he did last year? What is the point of him talking about Crabtree the way he did? He's also a liar, and makes up scenarios to make himself angrier. He's going to be beat at some point. He's going to mess up a play. He's going to lose games. And someone is going to return the favor and call him out. I just don't see any long term benefit in behaving this way.

Sanders is still going strong...making his own mythology...but Sherman is no Sanders, who looked like he was playing at a higher level than the NFL.

When Prime Times retires from analyst Sherman will jump right in his spot, the guys a genius.
I sure hate Dick**** Sherman. What a scumbag lowlife. I wouldn't mind if Welker decks him like he did Talib.
Originally posted by iLL49er:

Good read.
Thank you.
Originally posted by 4eninder:

When Prime Times retires from analyst Sherman will jump right in his spot, the guys a genius.

He's the biggest low-life scumbag the NFL has ever seen. He makes T.O. look like Walter Payton.
Share 49ersWebzone