LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 438 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
How many of the 9er players are actually playing in the pro bowl? I saw Gore isn't going to. Is he the only one? Besides Bowman.

Only Brooks

Brooks better be good down there in Hawaii! Don't get all drunk and bash someone's head with a beer bottle Brooks!
Originally posted by RedAlice:
With all this emotion, is this now a real rivalry? Or do Niner fans still hate Dallas more?

Even though I live in Seattle and have to endure being around Seahawks fans every day of my life, I still dislike DallAss more. Losing the NFC championship game to Seattle was a step in the right (or wrong) direction though.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

He almost looks like bud from married with children in the left.
If you watch the last play of the 49ers offensive drive Quinton Patton was wide open for a screen pass and the D was all the way backed off meaning he could of got a chunk of yards and go out of bounds , still with 2 time outs Kap could of thrown it to Patton instead of Crabtree who was in tight coverage with Richard shermen
never saw it, dont think anyone else did either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFCTgyoMPfQ go to 4 secs In the last play of the NFC championship game Kap throwed the ball to crabtree who was in tight man to man couvrage with shermen How ever if you see the last play #11 quitten patton wide open for a screen pass with the D Backed off meaning he could of picked up some good chunk of yards down the sideline and go out of bounds and still 2 time-outs
I disagree with most everyones interpretation on this. The pass to QP does not appear to be an automatic 10 yarder. There is a seahawk ~10 yards away from Quinton, Seattles front 7 is very fast and likely can make up 5 yards of ground in the time it takes Kap to throw the ball. If my assumption is correct, you're looking at around a 5 yard gain and then maybe or maybe not out of bounds to stop the clock.

The issue with this play is Kap needs to put the ball where only crabs has a chance at it.
Kap should of ran it on that last play we had two timeouts and he had a lot of green pasture. He needs to play to his strengths and stop listening to critics. If you take what the defense gives you and they were willing to let him run wild until the Seahawks proved they can't stop him from running,
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Jan 21, 2014 at 11:20 AM ]
THE POINT IS THEY STILL HAD 2 TIME OUTS WE DIDNT HAVE TO RUSH THAT TROW IN TO THE ENDZONE WITH SPERMEN ON TIGHT MAN TO MAN WITH CRABREE. IF YOU ASK ME KAP SHOULD TOOK OFF AND IF NOT WE HAD ARE 2 TIME OUTS TO STOP THE CLOCK.

Originally posted by 49ers201:
THE POINT IS THEY STILL HAD 2 TIME OUTS WE DIDNT HAVE TO RUSH THAT TROW IN TO THE ENDZONE WITH SPERMEN ON TIGHT MAN TO MAN WITH CRABREE. IF YOU ASK ME KAP SHOULD TOOK OFF AND IF NOT WE HAD ARE 2 TIME OUTS TO STOP THE CLOCK.

Agree with this, despite the caps. No reason to force that ball against their best CB. We needed high-percentage, positive plays. The passing game was FAR from reliable last night, but we relied on it in the most crucial situation. Too bad.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on Jan 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM ]
3 STRAIGHT HEART BROKEN ENDS TO OUR SEASON, HOW EVER IM STILL PROUD OF THE TEAM AND HAPPY TO SAY WE MADE IT AS FAR TO 3 STRAIGHT CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Agree with this, despite the caps. No reason to force that ball against their best CB. We needed high-percentage, positive plays. The passing game was FAR from reliable last night, but we relied on it in the most crucial situation. Too bad.

I don't know but it seems to me every time the 9ers are in a clutch situation down to the wire game Greg Romen goes stupid with the play calling if you ask me in the super bowl last year and then this time wasn't that bad but still.
First off I want to say the 49ers are one of the best teams in the NFL. This has to do with Harbaugh Baldwin & Sherman
Doug Baldwin 106 yards receiving and returned a kickoff 69 yards.
Sherman A Sports Illustrated profile of Sherman traces his dislike of Harbaugh to a suspension in 2007, when he was the team's leading wide receiver. Senior receiver Evan Moore challenged Sherman on the sideline to control his emotions, prompting a shoving match, and Harbaugh suspended Sherman for the following game. He caught just one pass for five yards the remainder of the season. Sherman redshirted 2008 because of a left-knee injury, fell down the depth chart and called home, wondering if he should transfer. "You're going to leave Stanford for some rinky-dink school just because you want to play football and don't get along with some coach?" (his mother) Beverly asked, incredulous. "No. You go make it happen." Harbaugh was in charge of the offense but delegated defensive duties, so Sherman texted the coach and asked to switch to cornerback. We'll probably be hearing a lot more about this story line over the next two weeks. One pass for 5 yards the whole season

Baldwin "My junior year, I was actually going to transfer," Baldwin said. "I had the transfer papers already filled out on my behalf, and I was very close. Basically, it came down to whether my mother was going to let me do it or not." Mom said no, so Baldwin stuck it out and posted career highs with 58 catches for 857 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior in 2010, Harbaugh's final season before the 49ers hired him. "There's nothing against him, nothing personal. It's just a guy that coached me through college, and you want to show him that I'm as good as I think I am."
2011 6th round draft Ronald Johnson WR **** USC
Is it karma that Baldwin & Sherman were the 2 most important factors in seattles win over the 49ers?
Was it Harbaugh decision to try make the last play against Sherman?
[ Edited by clearmind on Jan 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by clearmind:
Is it karma that Baldwin & Sherman were the 2 most important factors in seattles win over the 49ers?
Was it Harbaugh decision to try make the last play against Sherman?

It sounds like Harbaugh and Baldwin have buried the hatchet.

Sherman, on the other hand, is too emotionally immature to put past grievances behind him (as evidenced by the Harbaugh ass slap during a previous game, among many other things). He carries such a huge chip on his shoulder that it has dwarfed his personality. I think karma would weigh against Sherman no matter what, even if Stalin were coaching.

That said, I do wonder if they decided to attempt that pass to try to one-up the strongest part of Seattle's team. I get a little bit of a pissing contest vibe from it that I can't explain.
Share 49ersWebzone