There are 173 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by niners94:
Don't understand why all you hawks fans put us down for having won our championships from 20+ years ago. The NFL wouldn't be the NFL without its history. The league would be like the MLS if nothing in the past mattered.

I fully respect the 49ers as one of the most celebrated, and all time great NFL franchise.
That being said. A good majority of 9er fans with use it randomly in an irrelevant situation " WE WILL WIN SUNDAY BECAUSE 5 SUPERBOWLS SAYS WE KNOW HOW TO WIN" Well those WERE 20 years ago, and worth every bit of praise they get but mean absolutely nothing in the current situation.
I can understand if someone says something like " the niners are garbage and always will be" i understand that context to bring up the superbowls.
But a good majority of people bring it up in irrelevant situations and a lot of people who use it never even saw the niners win those.

Did anyone actually say that? I must have missed it, because I would give someone grief for saying that. I saw all 5 by the way.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Joe Carnahan ‏@carnojoe

Seahawks To Seattle Fans: 'Shut The f**k Up' http://onion.com/1huEtYg ; via @TheOnion
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
All this Lincecum stuff re-assured me that Gary Payton is gonna rush the field in Niner colors for the counter

The Glove wasn't wearing Niner colors in 2008 when he raised the flag

http://www.seahawks.com/media-lounge/videos/12th-MAN-Flag-Raiser---Gary-Payton/dea2e64e-c7bb-461a-bd32-988ceb90eadd

Anyhoo, I doubt Tim will be raising it for a second time so soon (he just raised it in 2010 after the Giants won the WS).
As has been mentioned "rumor" is that it'll be some of the members of the 2005 team but, I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Allen did it for the second time (his first was for the first NFCCG Seattle hosted).

http://www.seahawks.com/12th-Man/flag-raisers.html
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Wait .... WHAT????

He's a putz anyway, screw that greasy headed wannabe grunge seattle cock smoker.

I'm burning my Lincecum t-shirt. Timmy, you are dead to me.

Unless you help win another title. Then all is forgiven
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Isn't Timmy moving out of Washington and to the Bay Area?
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
That my friend is a bold statement

Sherman just talks to talk. He really doesn't try and act like a tough guy. He just gets under your skin. And to be honest, he seems like a solid dude.

Earl Thomas is just a fake tough guy.

Agreed.. Thomas comes off likes he's some legendary figure who's to good for the competition.
Originally posted by nickd76:
Anyone traveling to the game? Trying to find Niner fan friendly bars/restaurants in Seattle.

News 10 in Sacramento had a story on this last night. There is one. The owner isn't happy that 49er fans have essentially taken over the place. He's a SeaHags fan. But customers is customers, no matter what color they wear.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

REMINDER: The #QuestForSix fan meet-up is today from 12-2 at J&M Cafe. 201 1st Ave, Seattle. Get your #QuestForSix rally towel.
[video]null[/video]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Anyone traveling to the game? Trying to find Niner fan friendly bars/restaurants in Seattle.

See link below
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Jan 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM ]
I hate to say it, but the key is the referees, we will know right away, if that groups of garbage collectors they call an offensive line gets flagged for holding early, and the muggers in their secondary get a flag tossed their way in the first quarter, we win walking away, in a route. If ref's "let them play" we are in for a long afternoon, we don't seem to take advantage of "let them play" games as much as our opponents do, perhaps we need stop teaching good fundamental football, and start cheating our asses off like the rest of the league.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by niners94:
Don't understand why all you hawks fans put us down for having won our championships from 20+ years ago. The NFL wouldn't be the NFL without its history. The league would be like the MLS if nothing in the past mattered.

I fully respect the 49ers as one of the most celebrated, and all time great NFL franchise.
That being said. A good majority of 9er fans with use it randomly in an irrelevant situation " WE WILL WIN SUNDAY BECAUSE 5 SUPERBOWLS SAYS WE KNOW HOW TO WIN" Well those WERE 20 years ago, and worth every bit of praise they get but mean absolutely nothing in the current situation.
I can understand if someone says something like " the niners are garbage and always will be" i understand that context to bring up the superbowls.
But a good majority of people bring it up in irrelevant situations and a lot of people who use it never even saw the niners win those.

Did anyone actually say that? I must have missed it, because I would give someone grief for saying that. I saw all 5 by the way.

I saw all 5, as well. Those trophies are very meaningful. These stupid Cheaphawks' fans have no life, so they have to troll a fan site of their rival and try to put us down. It's funny that the only thing they can say is that our Lombardis are old. Haha. Losers!
Play a clean game. Penalties and turnovers mainly but expecting to motion guys all over the formations like usual has to be abandoned. I've been reading we're not going to huddle as much, something i think we learned doesn't work at The Clink last year. Kap makes fine decisions with protection. Watching NFC Playbook last night, watching Iupati whiff blocks had me awake at night. I realize a show like this can make any player look bad in a 3 play sequence but it was poor technique.

O line play and Secondary have been much improved in the playoffs...HAS to continue. But mostly, play a clean game.

Seattle hasn't had success lately because they haven't been sustaining drives with 3rd down conversions. Their secret is out partly because of the blueprint we put out there but also a HUGE shoutout to Jeff Fisher. SEA hasn't been the same since the first match up in St. Louis.

News 10 in Sacramento had a story on this last night. There is one. The owner isn't happy that 49er fans have essentially taken over the place. He's a SeaHags fan. But customers is customers, no matter what color they wear.

As a business owner I could see that being a tough decision to make. You do have the right to refuse service to anyone. If you're a hawk fan, and you don't allow this Niners rally. You're going to get a lot of bad publicity, other Niners fans in the area may never visit, hell even some Hawk fans who don't agree with your business practices. If you do allow them to do their rally, you are now associated as the "Niners hangout in Seattle" and you lose a lot of business from die hard Seahawk fans in the area. I always just assumed that if they were doing rallies, the owner must be a Niners fan. Especially considering the whole right to refuse service, the last thing you'd want to do is arrange some big rally then at last minute the owner decides he doesn't want you there and kicks you all out.
Sweep the leg (accidentally)
[video]null[/video]

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=3064221474001&odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|featured

Wrong link. This is the right one. This report is really good, FYI

http://www.news10.net/video/3069212683001/1/Seattle-braces-for-49ers-fans-to-arrive-this-weekend
Share 49ersWebzone