LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Beeker:
On the flip side .... you also have to think that MAYBE after the way SB 47 ended ... the 49ers are due a little .... jus' sayin'

Oh, we're definitely due. We're f**king owed one to be honest lol.
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
That actually does have me slightly nervous. I can only the hope the NFL is thinking "Out with the old, in with new". Time for a new era. I can really see Kap vs. Wilson being the next great QB battle.

That happens 2 times at a minimum and probably 3 times a year.
Good for entertainment. Im sure it will be responsible for some drunken rages. ah..good ol football.

Should be fun

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
This is sort of off topic but tied in at the same time.
big games with rivals that are more than regular season games scare the hell out of me.
I'm a LSU fan in college anything. And in 2011, LSU had what many considered to be the best team we have had (2013 Seahawks)
Had the best season we have had ever had (2013 Seahawk)
BUT of course our rivals Alabama...everyone was talking "If there is a team that can beat LSU its Alabama" (2013 Niners)
well...they met in the National title game. ...and if you watch college football you know how that went.
I dont like the idea of playing a rival team that is built similar to my team for anything of importance. Yes it would be amazing to go through your rival to get the BIG prize. But i've been on the side of having it all ruined by the rival.
It SUCKS
And for that reason, no matter how much i think the Hawks win. That thought of how crappy i felt after that LSU and Bama game is always there.
That actually does have me slightly nervous. I can only the hope the NFL is thinking "Out with the old, in with new". Time for a new era. I can really see Kap vs. Wilson being the next great QB battle.

That happens 2 times at a minimum and probably 3 times a year.
Good for entertainment. Im sure it will be responsible for some drunken rages. ah..good ol football.

Should be fun

What's interesting is how the 2 guys are perceived in the national media. It's been a rollercoster ride regarding who's the better QB, and I think it'll probably it'll stay that way.

Whoever wins Sunday absolutely has the psychological edge going forward. I personally loved the way Kaep mocked Cam in the endzone. What it did was demonstrate which QB was better going forward (at least until further notice). If Kaep can go up there and win (SEA), then Russell will be answering some questions. Imagine if Russell falls in the end, like Kaep did last year. Score is close, and in 4 downs you don't cross the goal line. Niners then go on to win the SB, and he's left with the feeling of being close all offseason. Because last year, Wilson did everything possible and succeeded in order to beat the Falcons. It was his defense that couldn't hold Ryan.
I'm hoping that in both cases 2005 and 2012 the missed calls were just human error because to cheat SEA and SF deliberately is something I just can't tolerate. If anything I wonder if the old guard didn't want to see one of these "mobile" QBs show up the old pocket passer. Then you get this "posture" rule in the offseason as related to hitting the QB. I am not sure if the NFL and the powers that be we're ready for Kap and Russell and others to be the new faces of this league. But I've got news for them: these guys are coming!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 18, 2014 at 1:39 AM ]
This is sort of off topic but tied in at the same time.
big games with rivals that are more than regular season games scare the hell out of me.
I'm a LSU fan in college anything. And in 2011, LSU had what many considered to be the best team we have had (2013 Seahawks)
Had the best season we have had ever had (2013 Seahawk)
BUT of course our rivals Alabama...everyone was talking "If there is a team that can beat LSU its Alabama" (2013 Niners)
well...they met in the National title game. ...and if you watch college football you know how that went.
I dont like the idea of playing a rival team that is built similar to my team for anything of importance. Yes it would be amazing to go through your rival to get the BIG prize. But i've been on the side of having it all ruined by the rival.
It SUCKS
And for that reason, no matter how much i think the Hawks win. That thought of how crappy i felt after that LSU and Bama game is always there.

Take solice that in our teams first exposure to this stage in 2011 it included riding the leagues most dominant defense led by Justin Smith, a QB that was playing to win the game and not turn it over, while throwing south of 200 yds in Alex Smith, a very solid running game and Vernon Davis. We were playing at home and our defense was ON FIRE!!! oh and we lost because KWilliams had 2 ST turnovers...

There's a lot of similarities.
control the LOS. alot easier said than done....
is my nigha, carlos rogers, playing?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
is my nigha, carlos rogers, playing?

Yes. Nickel CB. He won't start and won't have to cover Harvin

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Take solice that in our teams first exposure to this stage in 2011 it included riding the leagues most dominant defense led by Justin Smith, a QB that was playing to win the game and not turn it over, while throwing south of 200 yds in Alex Smith, a very solid running game and Vernon Davis. We were playing at home and our defense was ON FIRE!!! oh and we lost because KWilliams had 2 ST turnovers...

There's a lot of similarities.

True, but the Seahawks havent played very good in a few games. And they always step up for the big games, The first Niner game, the Saints game. I know the second game was pretty big against the Niners, but that game was more important to the Niners as far as staying in the playoffs and getting a good seed. I'm expecting this team to know that what they've done recently wont cut it. On the other hand, i havent really seen people saying anything other than how well the Niners have been playing. One knows it needs to step up. One has been told its already playing better. Hopefully thats a recipe to get he best of both teams. Seahawks play their best and still lose, thats all i could ask for. If they play their best and then fumble and niners kick a game winning FG or a PI call to move the niners into FG rang on a 4th down. Thats the stuff that would kill me.
Let's go Niners........
True, but the Seahawks havent played very good in a few games. And they always step up for the big games, The first Niner game, the Saints game. I know the second game was pretty big against the Niners, but that game was more important to the Niners as far as staying in the playoffs and getting a good seed. I'm expecting this team to know that what they've done recently wont cut it. On the other hand, i havent really seen people saying anything other than how well the Niners have been playing. One knows it needs to step up. One has been told its already playing better. Hopefully thats a recipe to get he best of both teams. Seahawks play their best and still lose, thats all i could ask for. If they play their best and then fumble and niners kick a game winning FG or a PI call to move the niners into FG rang on a 4th down. Thats the stuff that would kill me.

Sounds like us vs NYG 2011. Damn Kyle Williams
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Prevent the Hobbit from reaching his goal.

Don't call him a Hobbit.

It makes me think of Lord of the Rings, which makes me think of him wearing a ring.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jan 18, 2014 at 2:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Sounds like us vs NYG 2011. Damn Kyle Williams

We had the best turnover differential, defense, and a qb that didn't make mistakes and threw for less than 200yds. Playing at home after beating the Saints at home
Share 49ersWebzone