There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

They should run straight at Sherman many, many times. Punch him in the mouth over and over. Have McDonald truck him again but as a blocking TE on running plays. I like this strategy a lot.
Originally posted by fister30:
If seattle loses, they will cease to acknowledge the existence of football until the NFL draft.
damn skippy that's what I'll do. A loss here would hurt.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,043
Originally posted by boykster:
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Let's get a bunch of guys who never won anything important to raise our lame flag. Great idea Hags, lol.
They accomplished as much as your current team. So you know making it to the Superbowl means something.

Don't try to use reason with them - the reflection from those tarnished trophies from 20+ years ago has blinded them They think they are champions, but they're not.

At least we have a reflection to look at. That empty space you Hag fans look into must drive you mad.
Originally posted by boykster:
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Let's get a bunch of guys who never won anything important to raise our lame flag. Great idea Hags, lol.
They accomplished as much as your current team. So you know making it to the Superbowl means something.

Don't try to use reason with them - the reflection from those tarnished trophies from 20+ years ago has blinded them They think they are champions, but they're not.

Seattle doesn't have a championship pedigree and never will.
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by fister30:
If seattle loses, they will cease to acknowledge the existence of football until the NFL draft.
damn skippy that's what I'll do. A loss here would hurt.

Theres a red and gold MONSTER !!!! coming your way!
Originally posted by fister30:
If seattle loses, they will cease to acknowledge the existence of football until the NFL draft.

win or lose on Sunday, Seattle will celebrate the successes of the team this year. 13-3 record, winning the NFC West title (suck it), best record in the NFC, home field advantage in the playoffs, beating the Saints (yet again) in the divisional round.

Just like you celebrated last year when your beloved 49ers didn't win the superbowl, you found solace in the positive results of the season.

That said - we're not losing Sunday....
Originally posted by JD9671:
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by fister30:
If seattle loses, they will cease to acknowledge the existence of football until the NFL draft.
damn skippy that's what I'll do. A loss here would hurt.

Theres a red and gold MONSTER !!!! coming your way!

No matter what, I fully expect the 49ers to play at this level for several years to come. Seattle may have got in our way of getting a ring or two. We should've got one last year. Winning becomes a way of life.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by verb1der:
All I gotta say is f**k TIM LINCECUM!!!!!

I heard he's raising that dumbass flag on Sunday.

Wait .... WHAT????

I heard on the radio.

That is a SHAME! Imagine Kaep throwing the first pitch for the Dodgers...he would get roasted to no end.

Kind of like Ric Flair betraying the Panthers? haha. What exactly are Lincencum's ties to the Seahawks?

Apparently he's a Seattle native, but that's just wrong if he comes out and raises that flag, he's about to burn a lot of bridges.

Hes from Washington and went to the University of Washington. Hes raised the flag several times I believe.

To be fair, hes never said he was a 49ers fan, so theres no betrayal. Itd be a problem if he was wearing Mariners gear. Matt Kemp is a huge 49ers fan.

It sucks to see him in Seahawks colors, but at least hes loyal to his team. Im sure AZ Cardinals fans were annoyed to see Boldin wearing that Giants hat.

Yea I get that. But he needs to stay away from this game, this on a huge stage and for him to be out there AGAINST the 49ers is basically slapping all his SF fans in the face.

Cool if he's out there for any other team, but not this weekend. If his PR guy is smart, he'd tell him to decline.

lol what does it have to do with anything though? If you played for the Milwaukee Brewers, you would hide the fact that you were a 49ers fan just because it would upset the local Packer fans?

You guys are getting way too offended over this. He grew up a Seahawks fan, and his team is playing in the Champ game. It makes no sense to say hes a traitor because he works for the baseball team in the 49ers' market.

He helped the Giants win 2 rings, so I couldnt care less who his football team is.

Straw man argument. No one is saying that he can't be a fan of the Hags or publicly admit his horrible taste. The argument is that on this stage, it's a slap in the face to SF fans to see one of there beloved players raise the flag of a rival in one of the biggest games in a decade. It shows a lack of consideration from Lincecum to those that have supported him and Bay Area sports.

No it doesnt. It shows that some bay areas fans are easily offended.

Its all based on your perspective. If you played for the Seattle Mariners, and the 49ers asked you to come to an NFC title game in SF against SEA, and flip the coin, youd say "No, I dont want to alienate my Seattle fans."?? Of course you wouldnt, youd be pumped up, out there in a Niner jersey waving to the crowd from midfield.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Originally posted by boykster:
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Let's get a bunch of guys who never won anything important to raise our lame flag. Great idea Hags, lol.
They accomplished as much as your current team. So you know making it to the Superbowl means something.

Don't try to use reason with them - the reflection from those tarnished trophies from 20+ years ago has blinded them They think they are champions, but they're not.

Seattle doesn't have a championship pedigree and never will.

Your current team is a bunch of mutts and has nothing to do with the pedigree you claim to hold so dearly....20 years since you won the big prize......
Originally posted by boykster:
Originally posted by fister30:
If seattle loses, they will cease to acknowledge the existence of football until the NFL draft.

win or lose on Sunday, Seattle will celebrate the successes of the team this year. 13-3 record, winning the NFC West title (suck it), best record in the NFC, home field advantage in the playoffs, beating the Saints (yet again) in the divisional round.

Just like you celebrated last year when your beloved 49ers didn't win the superbowl, you found solace in the positive results of the season.

That said - we're not losing Sunday....

Well, we can both agree that its good not to be a raider fan.
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Let's get a bunch of guys who never won anything important to raise our lame flag. Great idea Hags, lol.
They accomplished as much as your current team. So you know making it to the Superbowl means something.

Yes, it does mean something, but it's not good enough to relive and celebrate.
Never again will I root for Lincecum if he raises that shi**y flag on Sunday.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,043
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by verb1der:
All I gotta say is f**k TIM LINCECUM!!!!!

I heard he's raising that dumbass flag on Sunday.

Wait .... WHAT????

I heard on the radio.

That is a SHAME! Imagine Kaep throwing the first pitch for the Dodgers...he would get roasted to no end.

Kind of like Ric Flair betraying the Panthers? haha. What exactly are Lincencum's ties to the Seahawks?

Apparently he's a Seattle native, but that's just wrong if he comes out and raises that flag, he's about to burn a lot of bridges.

Hes from Washington and went to the University of Washington. Hes raised the flag several times I believe.

To be fair, hes never said he was a 49ers fan, so theres no betrayal. Itd be a problem if he was wearing Mariners gear. Matt Kemp is a huge 49ers fan.

It sucks to see him in Seahawks colors, but at least hes loyal to his team. Im sure AZ Cardinals fans were annoyed to see Boldin wearing that Giants hat.

Yea I get that. But he needs to stay away from this game, this on a huge stage and for him to be out there AGAINST the 49ers is basically slapping all his SF fans in the face.

Cool if he's out there for any other team, but not this weekend. If his PR guy is smart, he'd tell him to decline.

lol what does it have to do with anything though? If you played for the Milwaukee Brewers, you would hide the fact that you were a 49ers fan just because it would upset the local Packer fans?

You guys are getting way too offended over this. He grew up a Seahawks fan, and his team is playing in the Champ game. It makes no sense to say hes a traitor because he works for the baseball team in the 49ers' market.

He helped the Giants win 2 rings, so I couldnt care less who his football team is.

Straw man argument. No one is saying that he can't be a fan of the Hags or publicly admit his horrible taste. The argument is that on this stage, it's a slap in the face to SF fans to see one of there beloved players raise the flag of a rival in one of the biggest games in a decade. It shows a lack of consideration from Lincecum to those that have supported him and Bay Area sports.

No it doesnt. It shows that some bay areas fans are easily offended.

Its all based on your perspective. If you played for the Seattle Mariners, and the 49ers asked you to come to an NFC title game in SF against SEA, and flip the coin, youd say "No, I dont want to alienate my Seattle fans."?? Of course you wouldnt, youd be pumped up, out there in a Niner jersey waving to the crowd from midfield.

No I wouldn't. I'd politely decline. Cheer on my Niners from the comfort of my home, and avoid alienating my fans. Pretty simple decision if you take time to think about it.
Originally posted by boykster:
Your current team is a bunch of mutts and has nothing to do with the pedigree you claim to hold so dearly....20 years since you won the big prize......

This is like listening to a record with a scratch in it ...

20 years
20 years
20 years

We get it.
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
The 2005 Seahawks team, or as many of them as they can get, are raising the flag. Is whats being reported a lot in Seattle.

I hear A-Rod was going to raise the flag.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home