There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

I have a big feeling this game will be too big for Seattle.
Only reason the Hawks are confident is because they are at home, thats all. If it was another field, they would be scared.
Originally posted by Baldie:
I read that bars in seattle are banning 49er fans, or charging cover, for them to get in. What a bunch of a**es!!!

God there are so many obvious reasons we want this game so bad. A close second to moving on to the Super Bowl is the fact that winning this game will absolutely crush the soul the sanctimonious Hawk fan base. Please, let's make it hurt. Please. Please. Please.

Here's what I'm a little concerned about. Most of the media talking about Wilson being an average QB that past 5 weeks and that he's struggling. Who's to say he comes out this Sunday and proves everyone wrong. In every game, he was still able to run around. The niner D has to contain him.

For sure, Wilson can be a very effective quarterback and the effective Wilson may show up on Sunday. You stated the main thing the 9ers defense needs to do to keep the effective Wilson from showing up is to literally contain him - don't let him scramble out of the pocket. But Wilson can be a reasonably good pocket passer, so it's not just a matter of keeping him from scrambling - they need to collapse the pocket at the same time, preferably from hard pressure up the middle. (Actually, the most effective way to limit Wilson is to limit Lynch.)
[ Edited by 49erphan on Jan 17, 2014 at 7:28 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I read that bars in seattle are banning 49er fans, or charging cover, for them to get in. What a bunch of a**es!!!

God there are so many obvious reasons we want this game so bad. A close second to moving on to the Super Bowl is the fact that winning this game will absolutely crush the soul the sanctimonious Hawk fan base. Please, let's make it hurt. Please. Please. Please.

Its not about just going to the SB anymore, its about shutting the hawk fans up. If we lose, not saying we will, but I hope Denver or NE crushes them in the SB. I can see Denver blasting them.
Last year going in the NFC championship game we had to deal with the Michael Crabtree off the field distraction. Looks like nothing this time. I think we are better prepared, a better team and I think we get this done and go on to the super bowl....
Yup, the whole team is focused, eyes on the prize, and that's why you don't hear a peep, or a tweet or anything from the Niners.
I think NFL AM hit the nail on the head concerning VD. He is too strong to play so soft as a receiver. He has to adapt some of Boldin when going up vs SEA. You shove off you hit on running plays you muscle your way around the field and fight for the ball. There is no way physically VD should be contained by Chancellor or KJ Wright. VD has to brawl this Sunday. We need him!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 17, 2014 at 7:54 AM ]
I want all our receivers pushing shoving fighting whatever it takes. Who the hell is our TE coach or WR for that matter? I guess folk will just have to learn from Boldin. Do what is necessary to negate all the holding and grabbing. Beat these DBs up!
Only reason the Hawks are confident is because they are at home, thats all. If it was another field, they would be scared.

They ARE scared. Their "confidence" is false. Harbaugh & Co. see right through it. Niners are peaking and the Hacks are playing sloppy. Carol's pill poppers get exposed this Sunday.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

They ARE scared. Their "confidence" is false. Harbaugh & Co. see right through it. Niners are peaking and the Hacks are playing sloppy. Carol's pill poppers get exposed this Sunday.

Yea, well I would love nothing more than for our recievers and tight ends and backfield to bring the BOOM to the legion of boom! Maul their a$$es!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

Pete's Pill Poppers
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by fropwns:
You must believe.

I believe, this team, you look at everything that's happened this season, it's like a f**king America's game episode.

Nicely played sir!
Originally posted by outside4949:
Isn't heath eveans the guy who got arrested at the airport for having a dildo full of crack?

Or a crack full of dildo... yeah, something like that....
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Anyone else see this? Sherman is so confident the hawks are going to win that he even writes an article about it...

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/16/richard-sherman-byron-maxwell-seattle-seahawks-nfc-championship/

'Next man up' might be an overused sports clich�but it's also the reason my Seahawks are going to beat the 49ers. Meet my defensive backfield partner Byron Maxwell, whose strong play has us on the brink of Super Bowl XLVIII.

Winning in the NFL has more to do with survival than it does talent. The best teams in the league are only as good as the guys on the bottom of the depth chart who you've never heard of, who get called on when injuries and suspensions transform rosters in midseason. They're the guys who find themselves covering Michael Crabtree or Anquan Boldin in the NFC Championship Game, and sometimes they make the difference between winning and losing.

For the Seahawks, Byron Maxwell is that guy. And he's one of the many reasons I believe we'll not only survive,but also dominate on our way to the Super Bowl.

Tough talk there Sherman, so basically this is just another "glorified practice" to get you ready for the super bowl? Might as well just say "We want the ball and we're gonna score!!"
He fancies himself a sports columnist contributing "In This Corner" to the MMQB site. I guess Peter King wanted a current player to contribute a monthly column so he must have sucked Dick's d**k long and hard. Sherm wrote one about the 5 smartest QBs. Had the usual guys Manning, Brees, Rodgers and included Wilson (of course) but left out Brady. Try again douchebag.

We'll see after the game. If Maxwell is the deciding factor, then "Nostrildamus" might be vindicated, but I think he's just too much an idiot to be taken seriously.