LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm getting jacked.
Originally posted by boykster:
Originally posted by Beeker:
You know what would be the best thing about winning Sunday??

All the Hawks trolls disappearing

Don't bet on it

Such an inferior sports franchise those Seahacks.
I HATE the waiting. The 2 week wait before the Super Bowl last year was torture.

Its a weird mix of feeling good about the game, and feeling negative. On one hand, were playing our best football of the year, have a totally healthy roster, are coming off 2 huge road playoff wins, and have the past experience to draw from. But on the other hand, we've played so poorly in SEA the last couple years. They dont need to be the better team to win, just because of the atmosphere and fragile momentum. If Kap gets thrown off his game early by that D, everyone will have to hold their breath to see if he can bounce back.

Ultimately I think we escape with the W, but its going to be a battle. Jim Harbaugh describing these SEA games like going in for a root canal is a fitting analogy. Thankfully we'll have 2 weeks to recover.

Seattle is playing their worst football of the season, the OL sucks, Wilson is out of whack right now, and Harvin probably isnt going to play. Lynch might be easier to contain if they cant offset the running game with consistency through the air. It will all come down to what our offense can do against their D.

We're a WAY better team than we were in week 2, but we came into that game so confident, and left in a daze. I cant stomach a repeat of that.

On paper were the better team. If you grade out our 22 starters, plus our kicking/punting game on Pro Football Focus, vs. their 22 and kickers, we have them beat on the season by a full 50 pts total. But the crowd is a big factor that could sway the advantages. Lets hope weve made the proper adjustments to play well up there.
WOW, I just noticed something huge looking at those last two games! -In the week 2 game our recievers were just getting intimidated/pushed around by Seattle's backfield, expecting the refs to do something about it, putting the timing/confidence off on the offense. The second time around, our wide-receivers were playing defensive right back at them.

Ex-players coached by Pete Carroll will you that he trains his pupils to intimate refs, forcing them into a corner of throwing 7 rags a game, cause they know refs are scared to call a game-changing penalty. Well... now we're f**king giving to them, straight back. Boldin started this trend during the first Rams game. Our guys aren't intimidated anymore, and since they're confident, they're timing is on, and hard for a ref not to throw a flag on their D. Michael Crabtree has been taking nose dives the moment Sherman got a hold of his jersey, flag always called.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for 21SandersMoss84.
Creating a locker room culture of cheating attests to Carl's lowlife character.
Originally posted by Buchy:
By the way we ought to say thanks to Richard Sherman.

There's no better bullet board material than "This is another glorfied practice session" I hope they play that clip at the start of briefings and end of tape sessions!

We used that when we beat them at our house already. Have to come up with something new Bozo. Go Niners!!
[ Edited by seahawkmommma on Jan 17, 2014 at 3:39 AM ]
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Such an inferior sports franchise those Seahacks.

I agree. We will kick them right out of the Clink! Go Niners!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
WOW, I just noticed something huge looking at those last two games! -In the week 2 game our recievers were just getting intimidated/pushed around by Seattle's backfield, expecting the refs to do something about it, putting the timing/confidence off on the offense. The second time around, our wide-receivers were playing defensive right back at them.

Ex-players coached by Pete Carroll will you that he trains his pupils to intimate refs, forcing them into a corner of throwing 7 rags a game, cause they know refs are scared to call a game-changing penalty. Well... now we're f**king giving to them, straight back. Boldin started this trend during the first Rams game. Our guys aren't intimidated anymore, and since they're confident, they're timing is on, and hard for a ref not to throw a flag on their D. Michael Crabtree has been taking nose dives the moment Sherman got a hold of his jersey, flag always called.

I remember calling for our guys to fight back right after that game and entering the second contest. It seems they were thinking the exact same thing judging by the way our wideouts played with Crab and Q on the field simultaneously. We now have the physicality to fight back against their mugging DBs. I remember how ATL fought them out wide and inside with Julio, Roddy and Tony G. They were much too physical for SEA to take away. We got 3 physical targets as well and it is high time we played up to it as well! SEA has a great defense but so do we and our offensive personnel is much better suited to attack them than theirs
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I remember calling for our guys to fight back right after that game and entering the second contest. It seems they were thinking the exact same thing judging by the way our wideouts played with Crab and Q on the field simultaneously. We now have the physicality to fight back against their mugging DBs. I remember how ATL fought them out wide and inside with Julio, Roddy and Tony G. They were much too physical for SEA to take away. We got 3 physical targets as well and it is high time we played up to it as well! SEA has a great defense but so do we and our offensive personnel is much better suited to attack them than theirs

That's good to hear. We have to level the playing field. Boldin, Crabtree, and now Patton have all shown they can make contested catches against tight coverage. They're also not afraid to get physical.
If both teams continue to play as they have for the past few weeks we win this game by at least a touchdown.

Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm getting jacked.

We need that tingle more than ever.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

Whats the tingle say mayo? Been pretty accurate these last few games.
Sherman wrote an article proclaiming a dominating victory

hahaha wow

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/16/richard-sherman-byron-maxwell-seattle-seahawks-nfc-championship/

cannot wait...cannot fckin wait
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Sherman wrote an article proclaiming a dominating victory

hahaha wow

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/16/richard-sherman-byron-maxwell-seattle-seahawks-nfc-championship/

cannot wait...cannot fckin wait

idiot
i hope they got a team chef traveling w/ them to prepare all their meals til sunday...getting there 2nite and being in seattle just waiting for someone to poison their food is a risk
Share 49ersWebzone