There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by boykster:
Lol...can't believe that a team that notches the 49ers first LOSS in a Superbowl somehow gains credibility from teams that won trophies 20+ years ago....

Sure - Seattle has no superbowl wins, no argument there. But neither does Kaep or Harbag.

Not sure what you mean
All this chest thumping about 5 SB wins....by teams 20+ years ago has ZERO relevance on the game Sunday. Also, doesn't the SB loss last year just chalk up to another losing season, and a blackmark on the legacy that is the 49ers Superbowl record? Seriously - 5 appearances and 5 wins is damn impressive. Kaep and Harbaugh taint that with their lack of discipline and ability to beat Baltimore, a clearly inferior team...

You know what would be the best thing about winning Sunday??

All the Hawks trolls disappearing
Originally posted by Beeker:
You know what would be the best thing about winning Sunday??

All the Hawks trolls disappearing

Don't bet on it
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Lol...can't believe that a team that notches the 49ers first LOSS in a Superbowl somehow gains credibility from teams that won trophies 20+ years ago....

Sure - Seattle has no superbowl wins, no argument there. But neither does Kaep or Harbag.

Not sure what you mean

Was he referring to Baltimore there? The Ravens have credibility?

Did they win the SB last year? According to the chest thumping in this thread that does give credibility.....
All this chest thumping about 5 SB wins....by teams 20+ years ago has ZERO relevance on the game Sunday. Also, doesn't the SB loss last year just chalk up to another losing season, and a blackmark on the legacy that is the 49ers Superbowl record? Seriously - 5 appearances and 5 wins is damn impressive. Kaep and Harbaugh taint that with their lack of discipline and ability to beat Baltimore, a clearly inferior team...

I agree that past championships have zero bearing on the outcome, but I will tell you our increased playoff experience definitely helps. Do you think Kaep has struggled in any of his post season game? The only knock on him is low completion percentage. And I think everyone acknowledges that Kaep has work to do in order to go through the progression, but he is very clutch and savvy in the end of games. Our defense is suffocating. The Seahawks will need great plays to beat our D right now. Go watch that Steve Smith TD catch, that's the kind of play that beats our defense. Or the Aaron Rodgers, ridiculous non-sack 4th and 2 play with egregious holding... still, that play too. Russell needs those kind of plays to beat us, and probably a few as both of the previous guys lost at home.

Kaepernick's Playoff Statistics (4-1)
Passing
58% comp. 8.8 ypa 244.2 ypg 6 TDs 3 INTs
Rating 95.7 QBR 85.4

Rushing
9.4 ypa 75.4 ypg 4 TDs
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jan 16, 2014 at 11:34 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Not sure what you mean

Was he referring to Baltimore there? The Ravens have credibility?

Did they win the SB last year? According to the chest thumping in this thread that does give credibility.....

Well as long as we're throwing past accomplishments out the window and dwelling on the here and now, can you douches PLEASE STFU about 42-13 and 29-3? It's all irrelevant agreed?

kthanx.

Not sure what you mean

Okay, that makes more sense. To answer your questions:

1. Of course what happened 20+ years ago has zero relevance on Sunday. Nobody is saying it does, so I'm not sure why you're beating that point to death.

2. No, the SB loss does not chalk up a losing season. Did the Seahawks have a losing season because they lost in the divisional? We fell short of our goal, but so many good things happened last year. We continue to improve as a team.

3. The legacy of the 49ers is unaffected by the SB loss. That's the great thing about history, and why so many champions say "nobody can take this away from us." We have 5 championships that can never be taken away from us. You're still dreaming about #1.

4. Kap and Harbaugh are still very young in their careers. Their history is still being written. They are not tainted by the SB loss at all. John Elway lost 3 of them before finally winning one. It's the SBs he won that people will remember.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 16, 2014 at 11:56 PM ]
Do you guys think this would work? I'm talking about the very first play they show.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Do you guys think this would work? I'm talking about the very first play they show.

It's funny you picked that play, because the Bucs actually pulled that off against Seattle this year. They did it at the goalline for a TD, similar to how Florida used to do it with Tebow.
I remeber Tebow tried to do this vs the 49ers when he was with the Jets Dont think it worked

So does that means the Seahawks NEVER EVER EVER had a winning season in their existence because they never won a SB and lost the only SB they played in? That was a pretty dumb comment. But then again, you're a Hawks fan, so I didn't expect much.

It's funny you picked that play, because the Bucs actually pulled that off against Seattle this year. They did it at the goalline for a TD, similar to how Florida used to do it with Tebow.

Yea i'm talking about doing it at the 50 and just let Davis run as fast as he can up the seam and let Gore lob it to him over everybody
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Yea i'm talking about doing it at the 50 and just let Davis run as fast as he can up the seam and let Gore lob it to him over everybody

Actully sounds great but i think the seahawks must have some kinda counter play for this.
[ Edited by sanjo49er on Jan 17, 2014 at 12:25 AM ]

id rather they stick to legit offense with no gimmicks. it would f**kin suck if someone other than Kap was responsible for a s**tty turnover or pick 6 when we have a top qb on the roster. save the gimmicks for s**tty teams who cant win playing straight up
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home