There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Another week w/o Carlos = another 49er win!!

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I have confidence in all of our corners. They are all good players. We won't even notice that Carlos isn't there.

BTW, Carlos is a good player and fans are a little too hard on him. He's not a shutdown corner, but he is solid, and he covers the opposing teams #1 WR and the slot on 3rd downs all game long. Of course he's going to give up a few catches....he's almost always covering the primary option. The fact is he hasn't been beaten deep many times this year and gave up very few TDs.

+1
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
Carlos has been our best and most reliable cornerback all year. We are fortunate enough to have T.Brown as a backup but I don't think we are a better team or defense without Carlos Rogers.

LMAO, that's funny
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
So glad he's out. 100% love the Wright-Cox over him ( Giggiddy ) .

Not only is he weak in coverage, but how many times do we have to see that little sh!t go for a kill shot only to have the guy with the ball run right through it??? WRAP UP!!!!

Carlos had one good year and we paid him way too much for it. He went from all pro level in 2011, to bad in 2012, to absolutely atrocious this year. Looking strictly at numbers according to Pro Football Focus, Rogers is ranked 148 out of 199 corners with a negative 3 grade for the season. Quarterbacks have thrown at Rogers' receiver 93 times and completed 57 of those passes for 684 yards, at a rate of nearly 12 yards per completion. Rogers saving grace last year was his tackling, but this year 300 of the 684 yards have been after the catch. Not only is Rogers not keeping the ball out of his receivers hands but when they do make the catch he is letting them run wild. If these numbers weren't bad enough, over the past 4 games he has actually been worse, quarterbacks have completed over 70% of their passes in Rogers direction with a passer rating of 117.8.

On top of that, he's our 2nd highest cap hit at 7.3M and would be #1 at 8.1M next year. I cant wait to cut his @ss and for Dan Snyder to give him 4@60 next year.

This..
Originally posted by niners94:
Stop hating. The dude still gets it done, but we'll be fine without him.

Get's "it" done? "It" must be giving up 1st downs on 3rd and long
He's gonna get traded to baltimore for a 6th round pick
Originally posted by SofaKing: He is ranked 30th out of 40 in that instance. Not great, but not awful when you consider there are 64 starting corners in the league. If Carlos is ranked 30th, middle of the pack, I'll take that. If you go by QB rating when throwing in his direction, Carlos is ranked 12th out of 40 among players who were on the field at least 75% of the time.

But he's not ranked 30th out of 64, like you said he's 30th out of 40 in the snaps he plays. That is awful
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by niners94:
Stop hating. The dude still gets it done, but we'll be fine without him.

Get's "it" done? "It" must be giving up 1st downs on 3rd and long

There's that hate.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing: He is ranked 30th out of 40 in that instance. Not great, but not awful when you consider there are 64 starting corners in the league. If Carlos is ranked 30th, middle of the pack, I'll take that. If you go by QB rating when throwing in his direction, Carlos is ranked 12th out of 40 among players who were on the field at least 75% of the time.

But he's not ranked 30th out of 64, like you said he's 30th out of 40 in the snaps he plays. That is awful

Fair enough. But that's still better than the flawed statistic that says he's the 144th best corner in the league. You have to take into account the total number of snaps played. Fangio is not stupid. Carlos gets that many snaps for a reason. He's a solid player. We could do a lot worse than him. Luckily we have outstanding depth in the secondary this year.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM ]
Id think he adjusts the secondary like Whinter?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
should just cut him right now and save us the time doing it in the offseason. must be serious if he still out, that or he milking it and being a b***h about it cause its the playoffs, it must be serious to miss...

Dude if you've done anything athletic as opposed to sitting on your ass all day posting on this forum you'd know that tweaking a hamstring is not a joke. For starters, a lingering hamstring problem kills your mobility and speed and guess what, we were complaining about Rogers' speed when he was healthy. He also has no reason to just be lazy about it because he's very likely auditioning right now for a role on another team next year because he will not stay at his salary. Dude's also in the latter stages of his career, this is the best and maybe last chance for him to get a ring and I doubt he feels like we do that he'd get one by sitting on the bench.
[ Edited by biggiep on Jan 11, 2014 at 10:38 AM ]
Rogers better not start if we make it to the SB! By then, we won't need him
I would hate to see Rogers covering Ginn on Sunday, Last week when we played GB i was more worried bcuz of Rodgers ability & the Great Receiving group he has with Nelson, Cobb & James, we did a pretty good job on the back end without Rogers. I personally dont miss him & i think if he doesnt play against a weaker core of guys this week it shouldnt be a prob. Brown, Brock, Cox & Wright are good enough to cover Carolina's average receivers.
I don't think he'll play at all.

Bigeep is right that hamstrings are tough injuries.

Add to that - we didn't miss a beat w/Cox in the game.

IMO, he doesn't play and we let him go at the end of the season unless he takes a serious pay cut.
tell him to take some midol
Rogers pisses me off. He routinely runs at 70% after the ball carrier when it looks like someone else is about to make the tackle, which I can't stand. Still, our defense is better with him.
[ Edited by captain_planet on Jan 11, 2014 at 2:10 PM ]