LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

Panther fans on Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kap is 3-1 in post season play. What's newton's again?
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I think our o-line is very over-rated. Their D-line has an advantage over our o-line, IMO

IMHO, the key to the game is how the tandem of Iupati and Goodwin play. They haven't been lighting it up exactly the last few weeks especially in the pass blocking department. Realize Iupati has been dinged but it's time to man up.

IF and it's a big IF, they play well and can give Kaep some time in the pocket we win this game walking away. Just think it's too difficult for them to cover Boldin, Crabtree, Davis and afford a spy to contain Kaepernick. Tall order. But if they can get to Kaepernick then it changes the complexity of the game.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Jan 10, 2014 at 1:08 PM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
Originally posted by Firebeast:
Dude question for you. Why do you really care what another fan has to say about your QB? Every forum in the NFL is like this. Some of your fans talk about Cam as well. That is the way of NFL fan of any team. That's the way it is. So I wouldn't worry to much if I was you. So long as you love your QB and support him as a fan. Then why worry about any other fans thoughts about him.

The thing that bothers me is that Kaep is getting an abnormal amount of hate, not just from panther fans. People just hate him.

You're right. It isn't just Panther fans. Kap gets an insane amount of hate from just about everyone. And it goes beyond football and his play on the field, he gets called a douche bag, punk, a*****e, and among other things on the regular from other fans and when I ask how they're all like, he just is/looks like one/acts like one/etc . I don't get it.

I get the hatred from Packer fans after 4 straight losses to the 49ers and 3 of them to Kap. Kaepernicking seems like the most arrogant thing in the world to them although somehow the showboating and gloating of the Lambeau Leap is perfectly acceptable. His comments after week 1 probably pissed them off too and in their mind it comes off as gloating from an arrogant punk kid. Again, somehow the arrogant stuff Rodgers spews comes off as gospel.

I get the hatred from Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals fans. Typical division rivalry stuff and when someone gets more attention than your guy the jealousy thing pops up. I would say the Raiders and Cowboys fall under this sort of rivalry section too.

Hatred from the rest of the NFC and AFC teams is just ridiculous. From there if they haven't even seen kap or played against him then they are obviously carrying some stupid 49ers hate from something in the past and dropping it on Kap.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I think our o-line is very over-rated. Their D-line has an advantage over our o-line, IMO

IMHO, the key to the game is how the tandem of Iupati and Goodwin play. They haven't been lighting it up exactly the last few weeks especially in the pass blocking department. Realize Iupati has been dinged but it's time to man up.

IF and it's a big IF, they play well and can give Kaep some time in the pocket we win this game walking away. Just think it's too difficult for them to cover Boldin, Crabtree, Davis and afford a spy to contain Kaepernick. Tall order. But if they can get to Kaepernick then it changes the complexity of the game.

Our O line IS overrated. They are one of the best in the league at run blocking. Pass protection is middle of the pack at best.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Our O line IS overrated. They are one of the best in the league at run blocking. Pass protection is middle of the pack at best.

I think they've been getting a little better at it, but yes, this line is built for the run.
Some of you guys must be too young to remember when everyone else hated us back in the 18 year winning streak. When fans have their hearts broken by another team again and again it tends to make them bitter. Other fans hate Kap because we are good, and he is the new face of the Niners.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Some of you guys must be too young to remember when everyone else hated us back in the 18 year winning streak. When fans have their hearts broken by another team again and again it tends to make them bitter. Other fans hate Kap because we are good, and he is the new face of the Niners.

I get people hating winners, but these people seem to hate Kaep at a personal level.
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
I get people hating winners, but these people seem to hate Kaep at a personal level.

Completely agree. The Kaepernick hate looks a little different to me. Nobody hated Montana or Young during the Niners' Super Bowl era the way they seem to hate on Kaepernick these days. Hopefully, he wins a couple Super Bowls and the haters have to eat it.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

to be fair, Cam has fewer playoff losses than Kap. Of course, thats mostly because the panthers sucked until this year. And that was because the Bucs and Falcons sucked ths year.

Brees had a better post season record before Smith faced him in '11 and who won that game? I'm not getting all this "Whats Cam's playoff record" bravado when we've been in exactly the same situation as the Panthers and came out with the win.

CAM has the Auburn chumpionship what does kaep have?

Originally posted by rxrunner:

BCS is serious business.

CAM has the greatest uni's ever, what does Kap have?

Congrats.Tim Tebow has one of those too.

Kap has an NFC championship.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

to be fair, Cam has fewer playoff losses than Kap. Of course, thats mostly because the panthers sucked until this year. And that was because the Bucs and Falcons sucked ths year.

Brees had a better post season record before Smith faced him in '11 and who won that game? I'm not getting all this "Whats Cam's playoff record" bravado when we've been in exactly the same situation as the Panthers and came out with the win.

I know, i'm just talking smack and having some fun.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:

CAM has the greatest uni's ever, what does Kap have?

CAM has a towel, what does Kap have?
Share 49ersWebzone