LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Panther fans on Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I had a lot of free time on my hands today, so I decided to venture into the Panthers's message boards.

I found what people usually find in a sports team's fan forum... delusion (I kid, but in the thread I'm about to reference it is prevalent).

They talk about Kaep as if they watched him play every game since he started as a 49er, mentioning his problem with reads and insulting his intelligence. Of course, we know that they are just regurgitating what they heard from some talking heads in the media, but the problems are overblown--I'll admit sometimes even on NT :). The reason this irked me so much is because on NT we acknowledge successful QB's (Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck) even though they are rivals, but why all the hate for Kaep?

I'm not a football expert, but I love watching and playing, and Kaep looks pretty damn good to me, better than Cam Newton.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/96530-bay-area-writer-kaepernick-one-read-qb-cam-actually-reads-defenses/

I know this might have fitted in the Kaepernick thread, but it really isn't about Kaepernick himself, but about other fans views of him.
Kap and Cam are perfect microcosms of our respective teams.

Kap has a little bit better arm then Cam.
Kap is a little bit faster.
Kap is a little bit smarter.
Kap has a little bit more big game experience.

Our linebackers are a little bit better.
Our O-line is a little bit better.
Our DB's are a little bit better.
Our WR's are better.
Our TE's are better.

We are mirror images, be we are a little bit better.
Hearing trash-talk is one of the best parts of sports. It makes it almost unbearable to wait until game time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think as a fan its just homerism.

but if you look at the media lately, they are jumping on the Kap bandwagon.

Most analyst are picking the niners to win and Kap over Cam this Sunday...
yea, they're mirror images of each other, but i give the edge to their defense and offense.
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
I had a lot of free time on my hands today, so I decided to venture into the Panthers's message boards.

I found what people usually find in a sports team's fan forum... delusion (I kid, but in the thread I'm about to reference it is prevalent).

They talk about Kaep as if they watched him play every game since he started as a 49er, mentioning his problem with reads and insulting his intelligence. Of course, we know that they are just regurgitating what they heard from some talking heads in the media, but the problems are overblown--I'll admit sometimes even on NT :). The reason this irked me so much is because on NT we acknowledge successful QB's (Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck) even though they are rivals, but why all the hate for Kaep?

I'm not a football expert, but I love watching and playing, and Kaep looks pretty damn good to me, better than Cam Newton.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/96530-bay-area-writer-kaepernick-one-read-qb-cam-actually-reads-defenses/

I know this might have fitted in the Kaepernick thread, but it really isn't about Kaepernick himself, but about other fans views of him.

oh gee, the poster posted a link to a grant kohn article. i wonder if he said something nice?
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Kap has a lot better arm then Cam.
Kap is a lot faster.
Kap is a lot smarter.
Kap has a lot more big game experience.

Our linebackers are a lot better.
Our WR's are two times better.
Our TE's are way better.

We are mirror images, but we are a lot better.

Fixed that for you buddy. WOOOOOOOO!!

Kap has a little bit better arm then Cam.
Kap is a little bit faster.
Kap is a little bit smarter.
Kap has a little bit more big game experience.

Our linebackers are a little bit better.
Our WR's are better.
Our TE's are better.

We are mirror images, be we are a little bit better.

I think our o-line is very over-rated. Their D-line has an advantage over our o-line, IMO
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Kap is a lot faster.
Kap is a lot smarter.

Our TE's are way better.

Yet we did not win when we faced them.....

Dude question for you. Why do you really care what another fan has to say about your QB? Every forum in the NFL is like this. Some of your fans talk about Cam as well. That is the way of NFL fan of any team. That's the way it is. So I wouldn't worry to much if I was you. So long as you love your QB and support him as a fan. Then why worry about any other fans thoughts about him.

As a few have said already. Both Cam and Kaep mirror each other in so many ways and both are good. They will improve in time. Both of these guys will the future of NFL QBs in the NFL when guys like Manning and Brady retire from the league. The only difference between them is Kaep has more weapons to work with while Cam is working with a lot less and still getting the job done. I'm sure Dave Gettemen will go into this year draft and use our first pick of the draft and get the best WR there at the time so Cam can have another weapon to throw to next year. But overall both QBs will be good in the coming years. Plain and simple.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Kap is a lot faster.
Kap is a lot smarter.

Our TE's are way better.

Yet we did not win when we faced them.....

Stop drooling over their win in the regular season. We're a way better team now than when we played them in week 10.
Sorry double post by accident.
[ Edited by Firebeast on Jan 10, 2014 at 1:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Firebeast:

Dude question for you. Why do you really care what another fan has to say about your QB? Every forum in the NFL is like this. Some of your fans talk about Cam as well. That is the way of NFL fan of any team. That's the way it is. So I wouldn't worry to much if I was you. So long as you love your QB and support him as a fan. Then why worry about any other fans thoughts about him.

Dude question for you. Why do you really care what another fan has to say about what another fan has to say about a QB?
  • slip
  • Veteran
Kap won't be stopped. But I suggest Kap takes a map to get to the ground on Sunday, cause does anybody in the States know where Carolina is? Lol
Share 49ersWebzone