There are 186 users in the forums

If it's good enough for Harbaugh, it's good enough for me.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't understand how someone could have two favorite teams...
Great Thread!!!!!!!!!!

for me to poop on
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
I don't understand how someone could have two favorite teams...
I wouldn't say I have two favorite. I am a Cleveland Browns season ticket holder, but I live and die Niners Football. I doubt I would ever have to worry about it, but if it came down to those two in the Super Bowl, I would root for the Niners.
Originally posted by Cleveland_Niner:
I wouldn't say I have two favorite. I am a Cleveland Browns season ticket holder, but I live and die Niners Football. I doubt I would ever have to worry about it, but if it came down to those two in the Super Bowl, I would root for the Niners.

I've been a Raider fan, a Browns fan, and since the 80's, a 49ers fan, but never at the same time. Now if any of those other teams makes the play-offs, maybe I root for them, but not if they play the Niners. A die hard fan holds their passion for one team only, to say otherwise is ridiculous.
I live in Minnesota ...so naturally I cheer for the Vikes when I watch the games with my brothers ..but the Niners are my team and ALWAYS will be ...so personally I can see rooting for a couple of teams ...but there is only room for one team in my heart ...Niners
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
you have one favorite team and then you hate everyone else. that is the golden rule
He says a lot of BS to the media. He was just defending Ric Flair in this case. He knows real fans only got one team. There may be players you like on other teams, but how can you have that emotional investment in two teams.
It's like having 3-4 favorite girlfriends.

Each one is a favorite for something BUT not everything.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
"What's the matter with having two favorite teams? Is that a crime?" Harbaugh said Wednesday. "My opinion would be that it doesn't make you a bad person to have two favorite football teams."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10265002/2013-nfl-playoffs-steve-smith-carolina-panthers-irked-ric-flair-talk-san-francisco-49ers

If you haven't figured it out yet, Harbaugh will say anything to defend somebody that has done something for him (like his players, and now Ric Flair). I'm not even sure if he means half the stuff he says, but he always stays loyal to his people when he talks.
Originally posted by cciowa:
you have one favorite team and then you hate everyone else. that is the golden rule
So very true! Can't do it anyway. I tried. I always end up hating the other team. Niners are the love.

• Jiks
How about favorite players? Dudes like Steve Smith, Paul Kruger, Alex Smith, Star Lotulelei, Sean Smith, Eric Weddle guys that I have watched since their first snaps at Utah? It's nice watching these guys grow and their games transition into the Pro's. When one of these guys is playing i'm usually rooting for them. Won't be rooting for Star or S. Smith on Sunday, but any other day of the week I am a fan of these players.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
How about favorite players? Dudes like Steve Smith, Paul Kruger, Alex Smith, Star Lotulelei, Sean Smith, Eric Weddle guys that I have watched since their first snaps at Utah? It's nice watching these guys grow and their games transition into the Pro's. When one of these guys is playing i'm usually rooting for them. Won't be rooting for Star or S. Smith on Sunday, but any other day of the week I am a fan of these players.

I can see liking a player. I liked watching Barry Sanders run the ball a lot.
And a few others. Only one Niners though! Lol.
Give me a break... Steve Smith needs to stop crying.... these motiviation speakers go where the green is
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Give me a break... Steve Smith needs to stop crying.... these motiviation speakers go where the green is

Yeah, I'm surprised how big a deal this is.

Might as well call out all NFL players who have friends on other teams, which is 99% of the league.

Also, minor point: If Flair visited THIS coming Saturday prior the 49ers/Panthers.....I could see that being a bigger deal. But before Packer game, ehhhh.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM ]
you dont have 2 fav teams, you have your team and another you kind of root for, usually in the other conference
Share 49ersWebzone