There are 224 users in the forums

If Roman Leaves, how about Chud?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think if Roman goes, Harbaugh's selection of an OC will be very telling about him in general.

This!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Just hire from with in and keep the continuity going.

I hear you but why not an OC that meshes better with our personnel and specifically, CK? Continuity is great if you have a successful foundation to carry over but it's safe to say, we've haven't reached our potential and are not dynamic given all the talent we do have.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I think if Roman goes, Harbaugh's selection of an OC will be very telling about him in general.

This!

Its going to be Geep Chryst
how about D'Klester Harduckenchud?
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Norv is a completely different system and terminology, never going to happen.

yup. Close thread
Originally posted by Jcool:

This!

I genuinely believe there will be a battle between Baalke/Harbaugh unless they happen to see eye-to-eye right now. But my guess is, Harbaugh is married to Roman and this philosophy so in short, he's blind. Baalke/Jed are not. It's much easier to "see" the patterns we've all seen by now and Baalke himself, with all the talent he's brought in here (and let go) has to be saying to himself, "WTF? Why are we not dominating teams offensively and only using 1/2 of our talent exclusively." There is little doubt he is tied to other GM's and systems around the NFL and can easily see how much more other systems/coaches got out of no-name players vs. us, the most talented and deepest team in the NFL (and we're about to get richer). It doesn't take much to see that CK and this offense is probably best suited for a spread-like offense IMHO. Clearly we've won many games on the heels of ST and the D and incredible individual clutch plays. It's also a system where you can't plug-and-play and extremely complex b/c we have no true identity. It's clearly compartmentalized as well and we've seen the end result. Baalke doesn't mess around b/c this is his butt on the line as well and Jed wants to win #6 badly. So we probably shouldn't assume we'll just hire within. It will also be a fine line between potentially taking power away from Harbaugh (the OC/system) and giving him "more control" and a LT contract. This should all be very interesting to watch play out.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

This!

I genuinely believe there will be a battle between Baalke/Harbaugh unless they happen to see eye-to-eye right now. But my guess is, Harbaugh is married to Roman and this philosophy so in short, he's blind. Baalke/Jed are not. It's much easier to "see" the patterns we've all seen by now and Baalke himself, with all the talent he's brought in here (and let go) has to be saying to himself, "WTF? Why are we not dominating teams offensively and only using 1/2 of our talent exclusively." There is little doubt he is tied to other GM's and systems around the NFL and can easily see how much more other systems/coaches got out of no-name players vs. us, the most talented and deepest team in the NFL (and we're about to get richer). It doesn't take much to see that CK and this offense is probably best suited for a spread-like offense IMHO. Clearly we've won many games on the heels of ST and the D and incredible individual clutch plays. It's also a system where you can't plug-and-play and extremely complex b/c we have no true identity. It's clearly compartmentalized as well and we've seen the end result. Baalke doesn't mess around b/c this is his butt on the line as well and Jed wants to win #6 badly. So we probably shouldn't assume we'll just hire within. It will also be a fine line between potentially taking power away from Harbaugh (the OC/system) and giving him "more control" and a LT contract. This should all be very interesting to watch play out.

36 wins and 4 playoff wins in 3 years. Baalke/Jed will have ZERO say on what Harbaugh does with his staff.
36 wins and 4 playoff wins in 3 years. Baalke/Jed will have ZERO say on what Harbaugh does with his staff.

Coaches don't win games without talent. Just as Harbaugh gets input on choosing various players, I'm sure Baalke would be involved when it comes to replacing someone like Roman. Nothing just happens in a vacuum.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 9, 2014 at 7:07 AM ]

Basically that would mean Harbaugh is settling for mediocrity and someone who won't step on his toes, a Singletary move.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 9, 2014 at 7:08 AM ]
a lot of us have been making comments about Geep Chryst getting the OC gig after Roman leaves? ...but what if Tomsula, Fangio or Roman leave and takes Chryst with them? ....hopefully Harbaugh has a plan in place so our next OC hits the ground running

Coaches don't win games without talent. Just as Harbaugh gets input on choosing various players, I'm sure Baalke would be involved when it comes to replacing someone like Roman. Nothing just happens in a vacuum.

Exactly. Jcool, are you kidding me? This team is built to win Superbowls, not rack up wins. Jed, like his uncle, has the highest standards now and will not settle for double-digit wins w/o challenging or winning the Superbowl every year esp. entering the new stadium era. After 18+ games this year and an off season to boot (and last year), there are plenty of obvious patterns and questions Baalke will have of Harbaugh and this system/philosophy. This isn't about you being happy where we are at now b/c of the poor recent past but where we are going and should be at and Baalke is a GM who is constantly 2 and 3 years down the road.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 9, 2014 at 7:13 AM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
a lot of us have been making comments about Geep Chryst getting the OC gig after Roman leaves? ...but what if Tomsula, Fangio or Roman leave and takes Chryst with them? ....hopefully Harbaugh has a plan in place so our next OC hits the ground running

Very valid point! This is why I believe IF someone actually hires Roman, we may seek an outside OC and implement a new system.
Wonder if he interviews at Vanderbilt. Its funny b/c Vanderbilt passed on him for Franklin. Penn State just passed on Roman for Franklin. And if Franklin takes the Penn State job that leaves the Vanderbilt job open. Roman might get a shot this time around.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Wonder if he interviews at Vanderbilt. Its funny b/c Vanderbilt passed on him for Franklin. Penn State just passed on Roman for Franklin. And if Franklin takes the Penn State job that leaves the Vanderbilt job open. Roman might get a shot this time around.

I'm starting to wonder if the dude is just a lousy interview. He's got the resume for the Penn State job certainly, but he might not have the demeanor/charisma needed.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Very valid point! This is why I believe IF someone actually hires Roman, we may seek an outside OC and implement a new system.

I'm sure if we brought in a new OC ,,,he will merely run the same system we have in place, and add a few new wrinkles along the way
Share 49ersWebzone