There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Roman Leaves, how about Chud?

Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
We have seen the impact of changing coordinators can have on a young QB - See: Smith, Alex

This argument is - and always has been - overblown. This was an excuse for poor play when Alex was here, but he seems to have done fine under new coordinators the last 2 times he's had one (2011 in SF, this year in KC). The reality is it just took Alex a lot longer to bloom than other QBs. His backups usually did as well - or better (see Hill, Shaun) - under the same revolving door of coordinators. Did it help matters? Probably not, but it isn't the main reason for Alex's early failures.

That being said, not every QB is the same and you can't just assume Kap would have the same struggles that Alex did with a new coordinator. As I said, just look at Alex himself. He's done fine under his last 2 new OCs.

Alex Smith has been a vet since Harbaugh took over the Niners, so he was able to play well with Harbaugh's first year and again with Reid's first year with KC. Young qb...like in their first 1-3 years. Unnecessarily prolong his development.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Personally I'd be interested in seeing what a guy like Ken Zampese, QB coach for the Bengals can do. His old man came out of the Air Coryell offense but Zampese has had exposure to several different offense's, he worked for the Packers for a time, is knowledgeable in the WCO, as well the deep vertical passing offense as utilized by Norv and Mike Martz.

He's worked with guys like Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Marty Morhinweg, Mike Martz...etc, very good offensive background.

Also there is Ben McAdoo, QB coach of the Packers. He's getting some head coaching interest but if he doesn't get hired there, he'll be looking for an OC gig as his contract with GB is up.

Zampese would a be a great option. He is not getting any opportunity in Cinci since they just choose Hue Jackson over him.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Personally I'd be interested in seeing what a guy like Ken Zampese, QB coach for the Bengals can do. His old man came out of the Air Coryell offense but Zampese has had exposure to several different offense's, he worked for the Packers for a time, is knowledgeable in the WCO, as well the deep vertical passing offense as utilized by Norv and Mike Martz.

He's worked with guys like Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Marty Morhinweg, Mike Martz...etc, very good offensive background.

Also there is Ben McAdoo, QB coach of the Packers. He's getting some head coaching interest but if he doesn't get hired there, he'll be looking for an OC gig as his contract with GB is up.

Zampese would a be a great option. He is not getting any opportunity in Cinci since they just choose Hue Jackson over him.

Why exactly would Zampese be a great option?
  • Liono
What about Mike Shannahan?
Originally posted by Liono:
What about Mike Shannahan?

WTF are our coaches being interviewed during the playoffs?? Wtf, really on the sat. before our divisional? Is this common practice?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Jimmy Rae he deserves a second chance.

We'll call it the "dadgum yahoo" offense!
i hope they go to the college ranks and get an explosive offensive philosophy. we have a team built to go down field fast with Kaps arm , Vernons size and speed and crabs and boldins ability to out jump people. kap in a patriots type spread offense would be insane but we cant get away from the run. balance is key but when its time to throw we have to be way more creative than weve been with roman
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
WTF are our coaches being interviewed during the playoffs?? Wtf, really on the sat. before our divisional? Is this common practice?

Ken Whisenhunt had three interviews this week alone and Mike McCoy interviewed with SD when Denver was still in the playoffs.
All this talk about "what if" Roman leaves, I still prefer my HC to call the plays if he is a former NFL QB, and contributed to play calls at Stanford. We don't HAVE to have an OC, that is why the Harbaugh signing was so great...the guy is fully capable of calling his own plays.
what I dont understand is given the talent on the offensive side of the ball we haven't cracked the top 10 in the league in O. Why is he even in consideration for the HC gig. If anything I'd say both sides of the ball we're under achieving. The only game we "should of lost" this year was Seattle, the rest were do to bad game planning/coaching.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Geep Cryst ftw
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
what I dont understand is given the talent on the offensive side of the ball we haven't cracked the top 10 in the league in O. Why is he even in consideration for the HC gig. If anything I'd say both sides of the ball we're under achieving. The only game we "should of lost" this year was Seattle, the rest were do to bad game planning/coaching.

i think it couldve happened this year but our WRs were all banged up. playcalling in the redzone has also been suspect. i think roman is alright but we can definitely get more out of these players.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Roman just pissed cause of the clause in his contract... no more eating junk food / snacking up in the new booth during games.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Roman just pissed cause of the clause in his contract... no more eating junk food / snacking up in the new booth during games.

if he wasnt so busy eating maybe we could score a redzone td every now and then. he puts em on auto in the endzone