Not a member? Register Now!

What is Kaeps worth....?

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by jreff22:
You banned him from posting for that?

No. You didn't read my post.
  • buck
  • Veteran
First, I think Kaepernick should, and will be, extended.

Second, I trust the front office to work out a reasonable deal with him.

Matt Stafford is guaranteed $13,833,333 a year. Sam Bradford is guaranteed 8,333,333 a year.

Kaepernick is worth more than Bradford or Stafford, but those two guys are overpaid.

Again, there is no reason to doubt the front office's ability to sign Kaepernick to a deal that is good for the team and for Kaepernick.

Third, the contract that really intrigues me is Harbaugh's.

I really want to see what happens with in the negotiations with him.
^^ Harbaugh? How about $100,000,000 over five years and five % of the team?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 16, 2014 at 7:10 AM ]
Kaepernick is only worth his rookie contract, nothing more. Though he has performed well in the last two years, the young man has a long way to go to be in the same breath as the top QBs in the league that are commanding high salaries. Let Kap play out his rookie contract and franchise-tag him after that. When he does win the 6th for us, we then will pay him.
Originally posted by Playingblind07:
Kaepernick is only worth his rookie contract, nothing more. Though he has performed well in the last two years, the young man has a long way to go to be in the same breath as the top QBs in the league that are commanding high salaries. Let Kap play out his rookie contract and franchise-tag him after that. When he does win the 6th for us, we then will pay him.

this statement is utterly pathetic.

lol so a QB has to win a Super Bowl to get a fair market contract? Nice way to leave us with nothing at QB.
Originally posted by Niners99:

lol so a QB has to win a Super Bowl to get a fair market contract? Nice way to leave us with nothing at QB.

time to wake up and see what guys like cutler and stafford just signed for. but our qb is worth no more than the just under a million he is due to make next year. decent backup qbs go for around 5 million per for f**k sakes. i also love the crowd who says let him play it out then extend him. honestly, when have we ever done that with a core player? i dont remember any recent examples.
When have 49ers fan like you "crabman82" and "Niners99" settled? Look at the teams that have given their underachieving QBs big contracts and see where those teams are. Kap will earn his when he proves he deserve the big money. Fools like you will give away the franchise future to a kid that has more to prove. Look at Dan Marino, one appearance in the Superbowl and never even got close to it again. Your status might say Veteran but your thought process leave me to believe you belong on the Practice Squad.
When have 49ers fan like you "crabman82" and "Niners99" settled? Look at the teams that have given their underachieving QBs big contracts and see where those teams are. Kap will earn his when he proves he deserve the big money. Fools like you will give away the franchise future to a kid that has more to prove. Look at Dan Marino, one appearance in the Superbowl and never even got close to it again. Your status might say Veteran but your thought process leave me to believe you belong on the Practice Squad.

Whoah. Stop right now. Check your pm's then read the rules. And try to remember in future that others have a right to different opinions.
Speaking of playing blind....
Originally posted by dj43:
Luck carried Indy with a mediocre running game and very average (at best) receivers. He is clearly the more developed QB at this time.

lol. Colin has accomplished more than Luck in about 1/2 the time. And speaking of Luck, if Luck as the same season next as this year, what kind of contract are you giving him?
I still don't see Luck as being everything that all those analysts say he is. For him to be that amazing QB he needs a great Offensive Line and some amazing Receivers, otherwise he will continue to have the same kind of results every year. Everyone seems ready to hand him the crown as the greatest young QB, statistically he doesn't look like he is the greatest.

Post-Season
6 TD, 7 INT, 57% completion rate, and 1 win over two years.

Regular season stats.
46 TD, 27 INT, 57% completion rate-not great.

So now missing a SB ring by one play, and missing a 2nd Super Bowl appearance by one play in his first 2 tries counts as "underachieving"??

And way to use Dan Marino as an example of why we SHOULDNT pay Kap. Dan Marino is one of the greatest QB's of all time. Go ahead and keep tossing out great young QB's in search of Joe Montana, but youre going to be disappointed.

Your username is fitting, because you clearly dont watch the 49ers.

In the last 9 years, among ALL QB's making their first 29 career starts, Colin Kaepernick ranks #1 in QBR. Hes 2nd in winning %, and 4th in passer rating. He has also thrown the fewest picks. Only 16. There are 25 QB's on that list, including Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, RGIII, Tony Romo, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford, etc. Hes not worth the money?

Not to mention 4 playoff wins in that span. Aaron Rodgers has 5 playoff wins in 6 years as a starter. Kaepernick has 4 in 2 years.

Dont be a troll.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 17, 2014 at 3:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
So now missing a SB ring by one play, and missing a 2nd Super Bowl appearance by one play in his first 2 tries counts as "underachieving"??

And way to use Dan Marino as an example of why we SHOULDNT pay Kap. Dan Marino is one of the greatest QB's of all time. Go ahead and keep tossing out great young QB's in search of Joe Montana, but youre going to be disappointed.

Your username is fitting, because you clearly dont watch the 49ers.

In the last 9 years, among ALL QB's making their first 29 career starts, Colin Kaepernick ranks #1 in QBR. Hes 2nd in winning %, and 4th in passer rating. He has also thrown the fewest picks. Only 16. There are 25 QB's on that list, including Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, RGIII, Tony Romo, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford, etc. Hes not worth the money?

Not to mention 4 playoff wins in that span. Aaron Rodgers has 5 playoff wins in 6 years as a starter. Kaepernick has 4 in 2 years.

Dont be a troll.

Those numbers sound great, but there are some additional facts that I believe you have overlooked.

First of all, Kaepernick has tattoo's. That knocks him down a peg right from the get go.

Second, it's not fair to the established veteran quarterbacks that you are comparing him with their first 29 starts in the league. They were still learning the game at that time and therefore, it's not fair of you to make that comparison.

Third, he does commercials. This keeps his nose away from the playbook for a few hours, and Kap should be reading that playbook 24 / 7, like Russell Wilson does. You know, take it into the shower, sleep with one eye open, with that eye on the playbook.

Fourth, dawg gone it, Luck is better. He's better for many reasons, but mostly because he beat us, and heck, isn't that the whole point of playing? The point is to beat the other team.

Fifth, he lost the Super Bowl, and Wilson won it. Forget about the fact that Wilson's defense embarrassed the best offense in NFL history. A loss is a loss, and Kap is a LOSER.

Sixth, he can't beat Seattle in Seattle, while Carson Palmer CAN. Colin CAN'Ternick can't beat the Seahawks in Seattle and, CANson Palmer can. Again, isn't the point to BEAT Seattle, instead of lose to them? If only we had Carson Palmer.

Seventh, look at those calf muscles. I mean does he even lift?

Eighth, and this one seals the deal, look at the way he dresses. No Super Bowl winning quarterback has ever dressed like that before. EVER. Case closed.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 17, 2014 at 4:04 AM ]