LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by InglewoodCA9ers:
real s**t!! against two WEAAAKKKK ass AFC defenses (one injured and a bit overrated anyhow and another terrible). LUCK is so fukkin overrated it's pathetic.

I like Luck and he is carrying a garbage team compared to Kap but if you go by performance alone Kap has the edge. I am not so sure this is true if roles are reversed but they aren't so...
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
real s**t!! against two WEAAAKKKK ass AFC defenses (one injured and a bit overrated anyhow and another terrible). LUCK is so fukkin overrated it's pathetic.

I like Luck and he is carrying a garbage team compared to Kap but if you go by performance alone Kap has the edge. I am not so sure this is true if roles are reversed but they aren't so...

Yeah I like LUCK a lot, as mentioned in my previous post...but I agree with you its a 50/50 in terms of potential, but if we are going by performance (and clutch) it would def have to be Kap. I just think the media has this weird obsession with making Andrew Luck the reincarnation of Peyton Manning overnight in year 2.
Yeah I like LUCK a lot, as mentioned in my previous post...but I agree with you its a 50/50 in terms of potential, but if we are going by performance (and clutch) it would def have to be Kap. I just think the media has this weird obsession with making Andrew Luck the reincarnation of Peyton Manning overnight in year 2.

True he needs to earn it and of the young guns Wilson is a champ and Kap is 4-2 playoffs! Luck has work to do
A. "I would actually prefer Steve Young over Montana in todays NFL"
---------negligible

B."Amazing is too broad of a term. Michael Vick is the most amazing QB I ever saw?"
---------NO, Perhaps this would be true if Vick stayed healthy...too different types of amazing here b/c one type is "Available"

C."Most of the NFL would take Cam Newton over Kaepernick. Do you agree?"
-------Arguable. I just stated my opinion. I love Cam, but I'm taking Kap b/c Cam has a tendency to sacrifice his body too often.

D."How many tackles, interceptions or sacks did Russell Wilson have in the Super Bowl?"
-------Beside the point. So why do we even need a QB if football is only played and won by the defense? We should just have Bowman suit up for QB i guess. I guess Russell never made a play, nor Harvin, Baldwin, or the offense.

E. "Carson Palmer (Pocket Passer) defeated Seahawks @ Seattle. Kellen Clemons (Pocker Passer) had Rams on the goal line for the Win vs Seahawks.
------Umm.. lets not pretend that Palmer had any kind of impact on the game as a pocket passer. U do know Planer threw 3 picks for 178 yrds FROM the pocket, right? AZ ran the ball more than any team all year against Seattle (almost i believe around 50 times) which got them the W.
------And Shehawks won 27 to 9 against Rams. Hardly as close as you indicate and besides your "pocket passer" Kellen Clemons throwing for 157 yds against Seattle hardly is an example of why we must have Brees or Manning. Btw, how did KelC look against the 9ers again? You want and love "passing yards" and I LOVE and want 49er Wins!

i think he is refering to the 14-9 game in st louis in which the rams were on the 3 yard line for the win and couldnt get it in
Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:
excellent post!!

b/c some are brain-dead and waiting for the 2nd coming of Montana!! lol Iron KapGun is an amazing dual threat and durable QB prospect and has an amazing future with our team and I love his potential!! I would take him over any young QB in the league right now (maybe except the OVERRATED LUCK). This fake ass obsession with singularly pocket passing QBs in this evolving NFL era (although this is a needed and desirable skillset), after witnessing one of the so called greatest PP-QBs P.Manning get curbed stomped in the Superbowl by a dual threat QB is laughable!

- I would actually prefer Steve Young over Montana in todays NFL
- Amazing is too broad of a term. Michael Vick is the most amazing QB I ever saw
- Most of the NFL would take Cam Newton over Kaepernick. Do you agree?
- How many tackles, interceptions or sacks did Russell Wilson have in the Super Bowl?
- Carson Palmer (Pocket Passer) defeated Seahawks @ Seattle. Kellen Clemons (Pocker Passer) had Rams on the goal line for the Win vs Seahawks.

I prefer to judge how the Elite QBs are
Peyton: Pocket
Brady: Pocket
Brees: Pocket
Rodgers: Pocket
Rivers: Pocket
A. "I would actually prefer Steve Young over Montana in todays NFL"
---------negligible

B."Amazing is too broad of a term. Michael Vick is the most amazing QB I ever saw?"
---------NO, Perhaps this would be true if Vick stayed healthy...too different types of amazing here b/c one type is "Available"

C."Most of the NFL would take Cam Newton over Kaepernick. Do you agree?"
-------Arguable. I just stated my opinion. I love Cam, but I'm taking Kap b/c Cam has a tendency to sacrifice his body too often.

D."How many tackles, interceptions or sacks did Russell Wilson have in the Super Bowl?"
-------Beside the point. So why do we even need a QB if football is only played and won by the defense? We should just have Bowman suit up for QB i guess. I guess Russell never made a play, nor Harvin, Baldwin, or the offense.

E. "Carson Palmer (Pocket Passer) defeated Seahawks @ Seattle. Kellen Clemons (Pocker Passer) had Rams on the goal line for the Win vs Seahawks.
------Umm.. lets not pretend that Palmer had any kind of impact on the game as a pocket passer. U do know Planer threw 3 picks for 178 yrds FROM the pocket, right? AZ ran the ball more than any team all year against Seattle (almost i believe around 50 times) which got them the W.
------And Shehawks won 27 to 9 against Rams. Hardly as close as you indicate and besides your "pocket passer" Kellen Clemons throwing for 157 yds against Seattle hardly is an example of why we must have Brees or Manning. Btw, how did KelC look against the 9ers again? You want and love "passing yards" and I LOVE and want 49er Wins!

Palmer played an absolutely pathetic game against Seattle. Any NFL qb would have won that game.

Come on guys. We watched Luck and Kaepernick head to head earlier this season in a Must Win Game for the 49ers and it was fairly obvious one Quarterback was significantly superior to the other in terms of pre snap reads, progression/poise in the pocket and even scrambling

Luck is the total package. He has no holes in his game. No Quarterback has performed this well, this young since Peyton Manning. He has absolutely no one on his offense. 49ers have atleast 6 players on the offensive side that are better than any one Luck has. Imagine if he had half the talent Kaepernick does.....how much worse would the Colts have blown us out?

Luck: 8 forth quarter comebacks and 11 game-winning drives
Colin: 5 forth quarter comebacks and 6 game-winning drives (1 was a tie)

But sure Colin is more clutch. I have a hard time believing some of you are watching football games beyond our team.
[ Edited by Touchdownboy1980 on Feb 14, 2014 at 12:40 PM ]

Come on guys. We watched Luck and Kaepernick head to head earlier this season in a Must Win Game for the 49ers and it was fairly obvious one Quarterback was significantly superior to the other in terms of pre snap reads, progression/poise in the pocket and even scrambling

Luck is the total package. He has no holes in his game. No Quarterback has performed this well, this young since Peyton Manning. He has absolutely no one on his offense. 49ers have atleast 6 players on the offensive side that are better than any one Luck has. Imagine if he had half the talent Kaepernick does.....how much worse would the Colts have blown us out?

But sure Colin is more clutch. I have a hard time believing some of you are watching football games beyond our team.

What's more clutch, playoffs or regular season? Lol

You're right about one thing, Luck does look a lot like Peyton, at least in the playoffs.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
What's more clutch, playoffs or regular season? Lol

You're right about one thing, Luck does look a lot like Peyton, at least in the playoffs.

Luck led the 2nd largest comeback in Playoff history

Luck (Per Game Playoff Average): 26 of 47 for 354 yards
Colin (Per Game Playoff Average): 16 of 27 for 229 yards
Luck led the 2nd largest comeback in Playoff history

Luck (Per Game Playoff Average): 26 of 47 for 354 yards
Colin (Per Game Playoff Average): 16 of 27 for 229 yards

Again with comparing yardage of two different teams with completely different systems and players.

I think Luck is real good. My only point above in bringing up the 7 interceptions in two playoff games was to again compare how Luck can make huge mistakes, but still has this gloss of the golden boy all over him, but Kaepernick isn't afforded the same luxury with many fans and in lots of the media. That's all. I think they're both real good QB's. And I think it's arguable which one has done better so far. It's definitely not clear that Luck had a better season as some people seem to think. He had only two more TD passes than Kaepernick on 100 more attempts. Kaepernick had a better average QB rating and a better yards per attempt and reception. Luck had more yardage and a little less than 2% better completion percentage. So to me, it's not a slam dunk either way.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

Lol, week 3 was a "must win game"?

Hey, Luck has blown chunks on several occasions this year. So I wouldn't hold him up to be the posterboy of maturing qb's. He threw....7? ... picks in two playoff games? is that right? That's a lot of picks for two games.

I am not saying Kap is mr wonderful.

...just kidding....
Originally posted by Disp:
Lol, week 3 was a "must win game"?

We lost @ home. Fell 2 games behind the Seahawks and never recovered

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Hey, Luck has blown chunks on several occasions this year. So I wouldn't hold him up to be the posterboy of maturing qb's. He threw....7? ... picks in two playoff games? is that right? That's a lot of picks for two games.

I am not saying Kap is mr wonderful.

You take the interceptions when guy rips a playoff defense apart for 443 yards

If you're losing, every game provides another opportunity for another "game-winning" drive or "come-from-behind" victory etc.

Kap is now getting criticized for winning too much.
I voted 120+ . Because thats how much i would pay for another tittle. but that's just me... I don't sign the checks
Share 49ersWebzone