There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is Kaeps worth....?

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by Forty_Niners:
Alex Smith would have accomplished the same.

Kaepernick is nowhere near being a "really good" QB. He's a middle of the pack NFL quarterback. Compared to other young QBs, he'll never be an Andrew Luck but the gap between Newton/Wilson and Kaepernick isn't that large.

IMO, Kaepernick is on the same level of a Nick Foles.

Is that the Andrew Luck who threw multiple interceptions and got blown out in the playoffs or the Andrew Luck who threw multiple interceptions and still won but was somehow better than Kap...how about the Andrew Luck who hasnt looked good at all since Wayne went down...much like a lot of other young QBs?
And dont get me started on Foles he is in a gimmick offense that throws three yard outs to track stars that then run it for 50 yards and a TD...the guy's longest passes in the air are glorfied handoffs.
Originally posted by English:
So, name the 10 players who are stopping Kaepernick from being a top 10 qb.

No Question
Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees

Better
Rivers
Eli
Luck
Matt Ryan

Would trade for 1 season
Wilson
Newton
Flacco
Roethlisburger
Romo
Cutler

Equal
Griffin
Foles
Stafford
Alex Smith

No longer taking you seriously.

LOL...thank you English! I had been wondering what folks were talking about when referring to the Kaepernick bashing...this seems a good example. Even the groupings give me indigestion.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 4, 2014 at 7:19 AM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
They play the guy who throws more interceptions and wins fewer playoff games? I thought the winning part was the good part.

Come on, the two are not comparable. Luck has absolutely no one on offense and his defense went 2-14 two seasons ago

Kaepernick is nothing more than fast legs and strong arm. He's below average in every other facet of the Quarterback position. Andrew Luck is already borderline Top 10 in this league, something Colin will never be.

Did you already forget how Luck embarrassed our defense earlier in the season? If you want to debate Newton or Wilson vs Kaepernick then fine but Luck is on a different level than those 3.
Luck is a good young QB...but I dont think you have watched many of his games. He makes a ton of really, really bad decisions with the ball. When he played us Wayne was in the offense, it was like night and day. Notice how Kap got better when Crabs came back...it is not a coincidence. Young QBs need a great veteran reciever to bail them out. That defense is no slouch either...the diffrence was that they had third stringers at QB last year an no run game...they changed that and the team did better. To say it was all luck is just making crap up to make our guy look bad or not watching any football other than the week we played them.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
So, name the 10 players who are stopping Kaepernick from being a top 10 qb.

No Question
Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees

Better
Rivers
Eli
Luck
Matt Ryan

Would trade for 1 season
Wilson
Newton
Flacco
Roethlisburger
Romo
Cutler

Equal
Griffin
Foles
Stafford
Alex Smith

LOL...thank you English! I had been wondering what folks were talking about when referring to the Kaepernick bashing...this seems a good example. Even the groupings give me indigestion.

Yeah....I think I am done with this conversation after seeing that. I dont know if its just not watching games, or thinking everyone else is perfect, or god help us if its skin color....but if your list looks like that...there is no talking to you.

Face it, half of Kaepernicks offense is Pro Bowlers. The offense around him will only decline as his salary increases.

Face it...you full of s**t and hate the guy irrationally.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Face it, half of Kaepernicks offense is Pro Bowlers. The offense around him will only decline as his salary increases.

Face it...you full of s**t and hate the guy irrationally.

Seems to me that both statements might be true as far as that may go.
Alex Smith would have accomplished the same.

Kaepernick is nowhere near being a "really good" QB. He's a middle of the pack NFL quarterback. Compared to other young QBs, he'll never be an Andrew Luck but the gap between Newton/Wilson and Kaepernick isn't that large.

IMO, Kaepernick is on the same level of a Nick Foles.

Is that the Andrew Luck who threw multiple interceptions and got blown out in the playoffs or the Andrew Luck who threw multiple interceptions and still won but was somehow better than Kap...how about the Andrew Luck who hasnt looked good at all since Wayne went down...much like a lot of other young QBs?
And dont get me started on Foles he is in a gimmick offense that throws three yard outs to track stars that then run it for 50 yards and a TD...the guy's longest passes in the air are glorfied handoffs.

Nick Foles lead the league in Yards Per Attempt.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
If a gimmick offense allows your qb to throw 7 td passes in a game and have that kind of td to int ratio.i want to run a gimmick offense
Yeah....I think I am done with this conversation after seeing that. I dont know if its just not watching games, or thinking everyone else is perfect, or god help us if its skin color....but if your list looks like that...there is no talking to you.

Do you only watch and discuss the NFL with 49er fans? This would explain your reaction to my list.

What are you going to tell me next? That Crabtree is a Top 5 WR in the league? Time for many of you to take off the gold & red blinders on. Face reality.

Do you only watch and discuss the NFL with 49er fans? This would explain your reaction to my list.

What are you going to tell me next? That Crabtree is a Top 5 WR in the league? Time for many of you to take off the gold & red blinders on. Face reality.

Football Outsiders, Pro-Football Focus, and ESPN must all be 49er fans because they rate Kap much higher than you. Kap's acclaim and prestige is a big 49er fan conspiracy that you are working hard to warn us all about. Thank you for your efforts, but you know what on second thought, no thanks.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Football Outsiders, Pro-Football Focus, and ESPN must all be 49er fans because they rate Kap much higher than you. Kap's acclaim and prestige is a big 49er fan conspiracy that you are working hard to warn us all about. Thank you for your efforts, but you know what on second thought, no thanks.

Are these rankings for Kaepernick the Quarterback or his output this season being surrounded by Pro Bowlers? Am I to believe McCown is a superior Quarterback than Eli Manning because he had a superior season on a superior offense?

No one with a brain would put Kaepernick as the 10th best Quarterback on planet earth. That's hilarious.
Are these rankings for Kaepernick the Quarterback or his output this season being surrounded by Pro Bowlers? Am I to believe McCown is a superior Quarterback than Eli Manning because he had a superior season on a superior offense?

No one with a brain would put Kaepernick as the 10th best Quarterback on planet earth. That's hilarious.
Lot of folk with no brain. Shaub had pro bowlers as well but he threw his season away. Thank goodness for Kap the guy who performed better vs SEA than Peyton
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yes and he has a defense that is one of the best in the league which carries the team. Kaep is not that great. Perhaps he can get better if he can ever learn how to play from the pocket. That's up to him and how much time and effort he wants to put into it. But some classic "running QB's" from college systems like the Pistol with a read option never improve that. Will he? Who knows? He has a long way to go now. He has certain physical characteristics that are good. Very fast and has a rocket arm and he's tall and big and strong. He's just not natural at some things like being in the pocket. Which you really want for an NFL QB IMO.

So SD, now that Peyton Manning, an all time great QB, looked like a complete fool against the Seahawks D on a neutral field, how do you explain "not that good" Kaepernick coming one play short of beating them IN Seattle?

You keep saying Kap is no good, but he outperformed Peyton Manning in a more harsh environment against the same defense.

Denver's OL was a much better pass blocking unit than ours this year, and had more weapons to throw to. Yet Kap had the better game in the harder location.

What say you? I get the feeling youll just repeat the same things youve been saying, or just ignore this post because you have nothing.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:40 PM ]

Are these the same pro-bowlers who couldn't get a yard on first down running the ball? As disappointed as I was with Kaepernick's turnovers, he was part of the problem not the cause of the loss. If you are writing the guy off then you are being very premature and reactionary. If he is making the same mistakes throughout next year without improving I'll start worrying.

So many folks are willing to give up on a guy at the first frustration...makes me wonder how long you have been a fan...not be demean you, but seriously, do you really have so little patience? A year and a half and you are done?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yes and he has a defense that is one of the best in the league which carries the team. Kaep is not that great. Perhaps he can get better if he can ever learn how to play from the pocket. That's up to him and how much time and effort he wants to put into it. But some classic "running QB's" from college systems like the Pistol with a read option never improve that. Will he? Who knows? He has a long way to go now. He has certain physical characteristics that are good. Very fast and has a rocket arm and he's tall and big and strong. He's just not natural at some things like being in the pocket. Which you really want for an NFL QB IMO.

So SD, now that Peyton Manning, an all time great QB, looked like a complete fool against the Seahawks D on a neutral field, how do you explain "not that good" Kaepernick coming one play short of beating them IN Seattle?

You keep saying Kap is no good, but he outperformed Peyton Manning in a more harsh environment against the same defense.

Denver's OL was a much better pass blocking unit than ours this year, and had more weapons to throw to. Yet Kap had the better game in the harder location.

What say you? I get the feeling youll just repeat the same things youve been saying, or just ignore this post because you have nothing.

I'm not going in to defend anyone here but Peyton having an off day amoungst others(that whole team stunk it up for the SB) does not mean that Kaep is anywhere near the QB Peyton is.

You and others have got a pretty weak argument here. Peyton is a 5 time MVP and holds the most prestigious records in the game.