There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is Kaeps worth....?

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by thl408:
Guys, don't you see SD likes it when you quote and respond to him? I was a regular poster on a different forum and we had a dude just like him. He's playin you guys.

I hope Kap takes $13-$15 on a short term deal. Give more guaranteed and hope he takes a 3-4 year deal. This would provide him with the option of cashing in huge when/if he deserves it on his next deal. It takes some balls on his part to sign that short of a deal, but if he is confident that he will realize his potential, he may take this kind of deal knowing he will be able to justifiably earn it ($20/yr kind of deal).

I won't respond on SD, I usually have no issues with him.

Onto the Kap taking $13-$15 million. I hope he takes in the $13-$16M range. It's fair for a QB who isn't elite, yet, and hasn't played more than 1 and a half seasons.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-colin-kaepernick-414/

Spotrac's Prediction: 6 years, $118,382,000

Average annual salary $19,730, 000, estimated $43,847,000 guaranteed
-------------------------------------

Jesus. I think they're high . . . and you can take that any way you want to.

That is very reasonable. That is pretty much in line with what AB has been saying.

If you take into account that the contract will escalate in the later years, that is fairly on par with the going rate.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Apparently he can unless you are one of those Kaep haters that think that a SB appearance and 2 NFC championship games mean nothing. I get you're a Kaep Hater but the reality is he a REALLY GOOD QB. Wilson threw for a whopping 208 yds against a mediocre defense tonight on a neutral field. If you think he's better than Kaep then you are a fool.

Alex Smith would have accomplished the same.

Kaepernick is nowhere near being a "really good" QB. He's a middle of the pack NFL quarterback. Compared to other young QBs, he'll never be an Andrew Luck but the gap between Newton/Wilson and Kaepernick isn't that large.

IMO, Kaepernick is on the same level of a Nick Foles.
Originally posted by Forty_Niners:
Alex Smith would have accomplished the same.

Kaepernick is nowhere near being a "really good" QB. He's a middle of the pack NFL quarterback. Compared to other young QBs, he'll never be an Andrew Luck but the gap between Newton/Wilson and Kaepernick isn't that large.

IMO, Kaepernick is on the same level of a Nick Foles.

He's number #8 with Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders. Pretty sure he's ahead of Luck.

We are very lucky Luck is not our quarterback, fans would be saying that interception machine should be paid a 3-4 million a year contract.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He's number #8 with Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders. Pretty sure he's ahead of Luck.

We are very lucky Luck is not our quarterback, fans would be saying that interception machine should be paid a 3-4 million a year contract.

Luck is head and shoulders above Kaepernick. Watching the two operate is like witnessing Steve Young and Steve Bono.

If Kaepernick operated with the Colts offense, he would have been benched. Give Andrew half of the 49ers offensive line, Vernon Davis, or Crabtree & Boldin.
[ Edited by Forty_Niners on Feb 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM ]

Luck is head and shoulders above Kaepernick. Watching the two operate is like witnessing Steve Young and Steve Bono.

If Kaepernick operated with the Colts offense, he would have been benched. Give Andrew half of the 49ers offensive line, Vernon Davis, or Crabtree & Boldin.

They play the guy who throws more interceptions and wins fewer playoff games? I thought the winning part was the good part.
They play the guy who throws more interceptions and wins fewer playoff games? I thought the winning part was the good part.

Come on, the two are not comparable. Luck has absolutely no one on offense and his defense went 2-14 two seasons ago

Kaepernick is nothing more than fast legs and strong arm. He's below average in every other facet of the Quarterback position. Andrew Luck is already borderline Top 10 in this league, something Colin will never be.

Did you already forget how Luck embarrassed our defense earlier in the season? If you want to debate Newton or Wilson vs Kaepernick then fine but Luck is on a different level than those 3.

Come on, the two are not comparable. Luck has absolutely no one on offense and his defense went 2-14 two seasons ago

Kaepernick is nothing more than fast legs and strong arm. He's below average in every other facet of the Quarterback position. Andrew Luck is already borderline Top 10 in this league, something Colin will never be.

Did you already forget how Luck embarrassed our defense earlier in the season? If you want to debate Newton or Wilson vs Kaepernick then fine but Luck is on a different level than those 3.

So, name the 10 players who are stopping Kaepernick from being a top 10 qb.
Originally posted by English:

No Question
Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees

Better
Rivers
Eli
Luck
Matt Ryan

Would trade for 1 season
Wilson
Newton
Flacco
Roethlisburger
Romo
Cutler

Equal
Griffin
Foles
Stafford
Alex Smith

You also have up and comers like Tannehill and Locker.
[ Edited by Forty_Niners on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:30 AM ]

No Question
Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees

Better
Rivers
Eli
Luck
Matt Ryan

Would trade for 1 season
Wilson
Newton
Flacco
Roethlisburger
Romo
Cutler

Equal
Griffin
Foles
Stafford
Alex Smith

No longer taking you seriously.

No Question
Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees

Better
Rivers
Eli
Luck
Matt Ryan

Would trade for 1 season
Wilson
Newton
Flacco
Roethlisburger
Romo
Cutler

Equal
Griffin
Foles
Stafford
Alex Smith

Looks about right.

Face it, half of Kaepernicks offense is Pro Bowlers. The offense around him will only decline as his salary increases.

No Question
Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees

Better
Rivers
Eli
Luck
Matt Ryan

Would trade for 1 season
Wilson
Newton
Flacco
Roethlisburger
Romo
Cutler

Equal
Griffin
Foles
Stafford
Alex Smith

You also have up and comers like Tannehill and Locker.

Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I have my own opinion on Colin Kaepernick, I'm not going to say what it is, because there is no point. I am simply pointing out how he is rated by experts, and sometimes I talk about specific plays that separate him from the pack. We also have a thread where we break down the film, that provides even further evidence.

Organizations such as Football Outsiders, ESPN, Pro Football Focus, who work very hard on putting rating systems together, rank him around #8 for this season.

Perhaps to make things more interesting, you could put together your own rating system, and see how the quarterbacks of the NFL rank out. You'll have to work very hard to get Kap near the bottom, without also getting the elite quarterbacks near the bottom. Then again, perhaps your system can be based upon how many rushing yards a quarterback averages, the more rushing yards the worse the quarterback. I'm sure there is a way to do it.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:40 AM ]

Face it, half of Kaepernicks offense is Pro Bowlers. The offense around him will only decline as his salary increases.

Yes and he has a defense that is one of the best in the league which carries the team. Kaep is not that great. Perhaps he can get better if he can ever learn how to play from the pocket. That's up to him and how much time and effort he wants to put into it. But some classic "running QB's" from college systems like the Pistol with a read option never improve that. Will he? Who knows? He has a long way to go now. He has certain physical characteristics that are good. Very fast and has a rocket arm and he's tall and big and strong. He's just not natural at some things like being in the pocket. Which you really want for an NFL QB IMO.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes and he has a defense that is one of the best in the league which carries the team. Kaep is not that great. Perhaps he can get better if he can ever learn how to play from the pocket. That's up to him and how much time and effort he wants to put into it. But some classic "running QB's" from college systems like the Pistol with a read option never improve that. Will he? Who knows? He has a long way to go now. He has certain physical characteristics that are good. Very fast and has a rocket arm and he's tall and big and strong. He's just not natural at some things like being in the pocket. Which you really want for an NFL QB IMO.

Like Peyton because he can beat a defense like SEA. But I get your point. Kap needs to improve in those areas. I think or hope he will but already he nearly toppled SEA in SEA. He improves in the areas you outlined and cuts down on the mistakes and we aren't having this discussion
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 4, 2014 at 5:20 AM ]