There are 42 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is Kaeps worth....?

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
If Kap goes for $15 million annually he had taken a severe cut for the Niners based on the market right now. I am wondering if we can nab him for about $17 million annually?

15M is not a cut. He's played 1 and a half seasons of pro-football.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I agree with that.

My number was slightly higher because I am assuming: A: A longer term contract with "agent years" that make the contract look bigger than it is, and B: A longer term contract will project future inflation, hence making the average higher.
Contracts are weird these days, and it is difficult to discuss what "average" means etc, because there are so many "fake" years at the end of a contract.

I think that projection is very reasonable, but I would hope for a longer term deal. I think we can get a DISCOUNT in the long run, by doing a longer term deal.
It's all about, "buy low, sell high", not, "buy at market price". The reason we can get Kap at a "good" price right now, is because we still have him under contract for another year making peanuts, and, unfortunately, he hasn't "gone Flacco" on us and won a Super Bowl yet.

The Steelers signed Roethlisberger to a long deal I believe, and now they are saving money because of it. The longer the deal, the better the cap savings, is what I am trying to say.

I agree. It need to be structured the right way. 2016 should be the year the cap rises significantly. At least I hope so. If we are able to get it cheap for 2014, and 2015, and 2016 to be safe, then we can backload it in 2017-2019 or however many years he is signed for, whether a 6 yr deal or 7 yr deal.
Contract prediction:

5 years, 70 million dollars, 45 guaranteed.
After watching Manning smoke it off Kaeps price is going up by the quarter!
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

Good thing you're not the GM......

Manning, Brees, Brady. Those players are special.

None of those players lost the game at the end against Seattle. Kap needs to learn from them.
Originally posted by aTx49er:

I'm just saying. People were saying Kaep wasn't worth X based on his performance in the NFCCG. After watching Brees and Manning get their asses handed to them and Kaep playing MUCH better than those two...
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Manning, Brees, Brady. Those players are special.

None of those players lost the game at the end against Seattle. Kap needs to learn from them.

I know they are but so is Kaep his agent will let the 9ers front office know that. I hope his deal doesn't hamstring us but he has a lot of leverage.
Originally posted by aTx49er:

I'm just saying. People were saying Kaep wasn't worth X based on his performance in the NFCCG. After watching Brees and Manning get their asses handed to them and Kaep playing MUCH better than those two...

Kap is more dynamic than the two Superbowl winning future HOFers you just mentioned.
It makes it way easier to defend these pocket QBs if you can shut down their running game.

Seattle adjusted to Kap running in the 2nd half of NFL and he was forced to try to make more plays from the pocket. 3 4th quarter turnovers were the result.

And I don't blame him(solely)for that loss Btw but those 3 turnovers didn't help.

P.S. The common denominator between Peyton and Brees is that they both have contracts that handicap their teams in some ways....
kap looks pretty good right now
Need to keep the D together. After watching that crap from Manning, it should be obvious what a lock down D can do.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Need to keep the D together. After watching that crap from Manning, it should be obvious what a lock down D can do.

Yep, need a complete team to beat these guys. They've completely destroyed the best passers in the league this year.
He is worth his rookie contract signed until he proves he can win something. Russell Wilson can win. Can Kaep?
Originally posted by jreff22:

Re - sign the D and let Kaep play out his contract at small dollars. You can always Franchise Tag him if you need to later on.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He is worth his rookie contract signed until he proves he can win something. Russell Wilson can win. Can Kaep?

What did you think of Peyton Manning's performance?