LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

Let him walk and bring in Smith, that would be a laugher! Pay the kid, who else are we going to get that's even close?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Contract Forecast: Colin Kaepernick---
6 years 120,798,737 total 20,133,122 avg/year

http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-colin-kaepernick-414/

Spotrac's Prediction:

6 years, $118,382,000
Average annual salary $19,730, 000, estimated
$43,847,000 guaranteed

They are clearly insane if they give him that much. He can't even play from the pocket, read the field, go through progressions, throw with touch and accuracy. He's not worth that. He's not worth 1/2 that. That will salary cap bust the team for a guy who is not that good unless he is running.

ALRIGHT ALREADY. Enough with the "progressions and reading defenses" crap. Youre just parroting the same thing over and over. You literally have ZERO knowledge on reading defenses, so you have no place to keep shouting that from the mountain tops.

Jay Cutler, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco are mediocre NFL QB's, and they got 100+. Its the market for QB now. Shut up about how "crazy" the 49ers would be to give Kap that. Its the cost of winning.

At this point youre just spewing crap. If youre going to complain about every detail of the team, maybe football isnt for you. You bring everybody here down with all the doom and gloom BS.

Even if Kap doesnt read defenses, doesnt go through progressions, doesnt play well from the pocket, or doesnt have great touch on short to intermediate passes, hes incredibly talented, and still very young. He WILL get better with time. Have a little patience.

No siding with SD but Greg Cosell said basically the same thing about Kap a few weeks ago.....

"Kaepernick, to me, he needs his legs to bail him out," Cosell said. "Kaepernick is not really a polished quarterback. He's not a progression reader."

A lot of times, if his first or second read isn't there, Kaeperinick will take off and run. Sometimes this is good; sometimes it isn't.

"He leaves throws on the field," Cosell said. "Kaepernick is very fortunate he's on a team that is as complete as there is in the NFL, so if he makes a mistake individually, that can be camouflaged or compensated for by the rest of is team."

One could argue the same is true for Russell Wilson, but "he's a pocket player first," whereas Kaepernick isn't necessarily.

Andrew Luck, on the other hand, can do both – and he's easily the best young quarterback in football.

"What I try to do when I watch quarterbacks is isolate their play from the rest of the team," Cosell said. "I would argue that Andrew Luck is the most talented quarterback in the league. Now, he may not be the best as we sit here right now, and I guess his development will take him where it takes him and he could end up being the best. But I don't think, personally, that Kaepernick and Wilson should be in the same conversation as Andrew Luck."

http://mojo.radio.cbssports.com/2014/01/09/greg-cosell-kaepernick-is-not-really-a-polished-quarterback/

FML, I actually agree with Cosell on something.

People are upset at Kap for turning the ball over, yet they talk about the turnover machine Andrew Luck, like he is something amazing?
God forbid Kap ever throws 7 picks in two playoff games. But if Andrew Luck does it, "Wow, he is so amazing".
But we can all agree that Steve Young got handed a Yugo
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
hes also very young. all QBs go thru this and even despite Kaps growing pains he won on the road twice this season and almost pulled off a win in seattle if our defense didnt go full retard in the 2nd half. 12 wins in the regular season despite missing key parts of our offense all season long is pretty impressive. if they get a little more aggressive on the playcalling next season, kap will be even better. they were keeping him reigned in most of the year, let kap be kap and watch him run up the score on everyone next season.

You got to be kidding. Kaep turned the ball over 3 times in the 4th quarter directly setting up Seattle for short fields and scores. One time they got the ball at the 5 yard line because of his fumble. 95 yards in and 5 yards to go is pretty good field position to give to your opponent....

despite those turnovers the defense got owned by lynch with damn near everyone playing that play wrong and then the free play on the seattle TD where our defense froze after the flag came out and seattle kept playing. yes, id stick with my statement. the final throw was bad, the other two turnovers couldve happened to anyone

The other two turnovers were just as bad.... The out route that Kap threw to Chancellor was an absolute joke
Originally posted by BrianGO:
People are upset at Kap for turning the ball over, yet they talk about the turnover machine Andrew Luck, like he is something amazing?
God forbid Kap ever throws 7 picks in two playoff games. But if Andrew Luck does it, "Wow, he is so amazing".

No arguments there.
You got to be kidding. Kaep turned the ball over 3 times in the 4th quarter directly setting up Seattle for short fields and scores. One time they got the ball at the 5 yard line because of his fumble. 95 yards in and 5 yards to go is pretty good field position to give to your opponent....

More of the same from you. I love everyone loves to point out how bad Kap was in the 4th yet they forget that he was the sole reason our offense was able to do anything in the 1st half. Without Kap our running was non-existent rushing for only 31 yards. If you don't run the ball it makes beating Seattle very difficult. You all focus so much on the negatives with him and forget how his playing making abilities help keep our offense afloat.
hes also very young. all QBs go thru this and even despite Kaps growing pains he won on the road twice this season and almost pulled off a win in seattle if our defense didnt go full retard in the 2nd half. 12 wins in the regular season despite missing key parts of our offense all season long is pretty impressive. if they get a little more aggressive on the playcalling next season, kap will be even better. they were keeping him reigned in most of the year, let kap be kap and watch him run up the score on everyone next season.

broken record
Spotrac's guess is not happening, they will not pay Kap 19M a year, not happening, can't happen with the current cap. If it means sacrificing talent, like Boldin, Dawson, etc.. And make 1 player happy, it's not worth it.

Even former agent Joel Corry said they wouldn't give Kap $18M a year, or anything close to the structure of Flacco's deal, which hits a high of $30M in 1 year. I go with Corry over a piece of s**t website like Spotrac, who mind you ripped me off of my numbers, and there IP is banned from my website. Never gave permission to copy all my numbers. They did the same with OverTheCap.com, took all of their numbers, and copied them in 1 night.

So, I don't expect them to sacrifice key players this year in order to make 1 player happy. Re-sign Boldin, Dawson, and others, and then in 2015 extend or tag him. We are too tight against the cap to afford a $18M-$20M QB.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Spotrac's guess is not happening, they will not pay Kap 19M a year, not happening, can't happen with the current cap. If it means sacrificing talent, like Boldin, Dawson, etc.. And make 1 player happy, it's not worth it.

Even former agent Joel Corry said they wouldn't give Kap $18M a year, or anything close to the structure of Flacco's deal, which hits a high of $30M in 1 year. I go with Corry over a piece of s**t website like Spotrac, who mind you ripped me off of my numbers, and there IP is banned from my website. Never gave permission to copy all my numbers. They did the same with OverTheCap.com, took all of their numbers, and copied them in 1 night.

So, I don't expect them to sacrifice key players this year in order to make 1 player happy. Re-sign Boldin, Dawson, and others, and then in 2015 extend or tag him. We are too tight against the cap to afford a $18M-$20M QB.

Wow, how many years was this going on?
Originally posted by SFrush:

Wow, how many years was this going on?

A few years, mainly 2011 and 2012. I stopped it in 2013. I would randomly check there site, and saw bonuses only I knew of. Like little workout bonuses, the misc bonuses. Even the players who I listed had them, the ones who didn't have listed were blank on Spotrac.

AB--Do you know how much of Flacco's contract is guaranteed? So many of these contracts are smoke and mirrors I have no faith in the numbers being real. If they said 18 million but only 5 guaranteed, with team options to bail in any year...it's meaningless. Is there a site that you know of that breaks down the guarantees, etc. of contracts?
In 2014, Flacco has a $6 million base salary that's guaranteed for injury only, but that voids once the first option is paid. His salary-cap figure is $14.8 million in the second year of the deal.

In 2015, Flacco gets a $4 million base salary that's guaranteed for injury only, which voids when the first option is paid. His salary-cap figure is $14.55 million.

In 2016, the salary cap figure inflates to $28.55 million, primarily due to an $18 million base salary with $12 million of that guaranteed for injury only, although that guaranteed portion reduces to $3 million when the first option of $15 million is exercised, and voids when the second option of $7 million is exercised.

The deal effectively operates as a three-year, $62 million agreement since the contract is likely to be restructured after three years.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-breaking-down-baltimore-ravens-quarterback-joe-flaccos-1206-million-contract-20130305,0,1319614.story

Starting in 2016, Flacco's cap hit shoots up to $28+ million, which will certainly hurt Baltimore's chances of signing future players in free agency, or re-signing other future free agents. The team can choose to re-structure Flacco when that time comes, but he will have all of the leverage. He can force Baltimore to extend his contract even further, shifting some of the money he was due to make in those future years, but it really only prolongs the inevitable. If the Ravens decide to cut Flacco in one of those later years, the cap number would still be relatively high in dead money, except in 2018.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/3/4/4064986/joe-flaccos-contract-full-year-by-year-breakdown
^ basically, the Ravens will pay Flacco 15 mil per yr until 2016. Then, they will desperately try to restructure, as his 2016 + 2017 cap hits are crazy high at 28.5 mil and 31 mil. After 2017, the potential dead money drops significantly to 4.75 mil.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Jan 30, 2014 at 7:29 AM ]
Thanks Mac! And good morning!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Thanks Mac! And good morning!

edited that post above to try and be more clear... yep yep.
Share 49ersWebzone