Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is Kaeps worth....?

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Contract Forecast: Colin Kaepernick---
6 years 120,798,737 total 20,133,122 avg/year

http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-colin-kaepernick-414/

Spotrac's Prediction:

6 years, $118,382,000
Average annual salary $19,730, 000, estimated
$43,847,000 guaranteed
Good catch my mistake

http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-colin-kaepernick-414/

Spotrac's Prediction:

6 years, $118,382,000
$43,847,000 guaranteed

They are clearly insane if they give him that much. He can't even play from the pocket, read the field, go through progressions, throw with touch and accuracy. He's not worth that. He's not worth 1/2 that. That will salary cap bust the team for a guy who is not that good unless he is running.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Spotrac's Prediction:

6 years, $118,382,000
$43,847,000 guaranteed

They are clearly insane if they give him that much. He can't even play from the pocket, read the field, go through progressions, throw with touch and accuracy. He's not worth that. He's not worth 1/2 that. That will salary cap bust the team for a guy who is not that good unless he is running.

ALRIGHT ALREADY. Enough with the "progressions and reading defenses" crap. Youre just parroting the same thing over and over. You literally have ZERO knowledge on reading defenses, so you have no place to keep shouting that from the mountain tops.

Jay Cutler, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco are mediocre NFL QB's, and they got 100+. Its the market for QB now. Shut up about how "crazy" the 49ers would be to give Kap that. Its the cost of winning.

At this point youre just spewing crap. If youre going to complain about every detail of the team, maybe football isnt for you. You bring everybody here down with all the doom and gloom BS.

Even if Kap doesnt read defenses, doesnt go through progressions, doesnt play well from the pocket, or doesnt have great touch on short to intermediate passes, hes incredibly talented, and still very young. He WILL get better with time. Have a little patience.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 29, 2014 at 5:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
ALRIGHT ALREADY. Enough with the "progressions and reading defenses" crap. Youre just parroting the same thing over and over. You literally have ZERO knowledge on reading defenses, so you have no place to keep shouting that from the mountain tops.

Jay Cutler, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco are mediocre NFL QB's, and they got 100+. Its the market for QB now. Shut up about how "crazy" the 49ers would be to give Kap that. Its the cost of winning.

At this point youre just spewing crap. If youre going to complain about every detail of the team, maybe football isnt for you. You bring everybody here down with all the doom and gloom BS.

Even if Kap doesnt read defenses, doesnt go through progressions, doesnt play well from the pocket, or doesnt have great touch on short to intermediate passes, hes incredibly talented, and still very young. He WILL get better with time. Have a little patience.

I ignore everything that guy post, it seems like he is all negativity. I agree with you though, Kap is young and as hard as he works I know we'll see improvement in all aspects of his game to include progressions and pocket awareness.
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:

I ignore everything that guy post, it seems like he is all negativity. I agree with you though, Kap is young and as hard as he works I know we'll see improvement in all aspects of his game to include progressions and pocket awareness.

Not to pile it on, but when Roman chooses to run passing plays for a designed Receiver, how does Keap "progress"? Keap could bone up on his pocket awareness; the offensive line could also be a little more proficient pass blocking. Remember, Alex Smith was the most sacked QB in the NFL on the 49ers for a reason.

I believe Keap should get the contract you would expect a young, franchise, QB would earn; whatever that number may be.
look at the bright side of things, he'll probably get paid this offseason. what does that mean? it means he gets in there with an extension before guys like luck, rg3, wilson and tannehill can sign one. kaep will get his and at least luck and wilson will surpass him based off of being similar in talent and a bit on inflation. any harm he does to our cap in terms of costing us guys, russell wilson is going to do the same in seattle plus a little bit more.
Theoretically are we better off with Keap at $19M to $20M per or Alex Smith (or someone else that would play for that money) @ $13M to $14M per? QBs are not cheap . . . unless you get a cheap one, but you still get what you pay for.
Originally posted by captnkos:
Theoretically are we better off with Keap at $19M to $20M per or Alex Smith (or someone else that would play for that money) @ $13M to $14M per? QBs are not cheap . . . unless you get a cheap one, but you still get what you pay for.

if you're lucky like sf or sea, you can skate by for 2 or 3 season with a qb on a cheap rookie deal because for got him after the 1st round. aside from that little luxury early on, you're going to have to pay your qb. these guys with 1 or fewer playoff wins getting 100+ mil set the bar for the rest of the league. the salaries for qb's did get retarded in the past few years or so, but if you've got a good you're going to be paying him a lot, the question becomes when? essentially everyone in the league with a good qb will be in the same boat.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by captnkos:

if you're lucky like sf or sea, you can skate by for 2 or 3 season with a qb on a cheap rookie deal because for got him after the 1st round. aside from that little luxury early on, you're going to have to pay your qb. these guys with 1 or fewer playoff wins getting 100+ mil set the bar for the rest of the league. the salaries for qb's did get retarded in the past few years or so, but if you've got a good you're going to be paying him a lot, the question becomes when? essentially everyone in the league with a good qb will be in the same boat.
THIS....Imagine if we drafted him in the first round and had to pay up front....WITHOUT him even showing us anything. He showed me enough to warrant getting paid, hard worker, good learner, strong arm-if not the strongest arm..arguable. Fast and elusive.I would only take a 3-5 QB's ahead of him...and I think we know who they are.
And besides today in ALL sports, you show you can win...you are going to get paid and although ludicrous amounts to us the general public it's the reality of sports...I.E baseball!
yeah Kap's gonna get a $+100 mill contract.
Kapernick is a bad ass. He almost beat SEA at their house. What a shame.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Spotrac's Prediction:

6 years, $118,382,000
$43,847,000 guaranteed

No siding with SD but Greg Cosell said basically the same thing about Kap a few weeks ago.....

"Kaepernick, to me, he needs his legs to bail him out," Cosell said. "Kaepernick is not really a polished quarterback. He's not a progression reader."

A lot of times, if his first or second read isn't there, Kaeperinick will take off and run. Sometimes this is good; sometimes it isn't.

"He leaves throws on the field," Cosell said. "Kaepernick is very fortunate he's on a team that is as complete as there is in the NFL, so if he makes a mistake individually, that can be camouflaged or compensated for by the rest of is team."

One could argue the same is true for Russell Wilson, but "he's a pocket player first," whereas Kaepernick isn't necessarily.

Andrew Luck, on the other hand, can do both – and he's easily the best young quarterback in football.

"What I try to do when I watch quarterbacks is isolate their play from the rest of the team," Cosell said. "I would argue that Andrew Luck is the most talented quarterback in the league. Now, he may not be the best as we sit here right now, and I guess his development will take him where it takes him and he could end up being the best. But I don't think, personally, that Kaepernick and Wilson should be in the same conversation as Andrew Luck."

http://mojo.radio.cbssports.com/2014/01/09/greg-cosell-kaepernick-is-not-really-a-polished-quarterback/