There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is Kaeps worth....?

What is Kaeps worth....?

Don't do this...Its the playoffs.....No distractions
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think he'll be in the $100 mill range. Some of these dudes getting north of that aren't half the QBs Kap is. Kap has that "it" factor that a lot of these guys around the league just don't have. They're great fantasy point earners, but when the pressure is on, they fold. Kap turns it up a notch when that time comes. That's why he's gonna get paid.

I just don't think he can demand that yet. If he wants to re-negotiate his contract after this year he is going to have to do something like Rodgers did after his first year or two starting. I like Kap, he does have the "it" factor but he still has to prove that he can be in that elite level of QBs. Right now he is still getting by on his supreme athleticism and still has a ways to go to be a really good passer.

Now if he wants to wait until after 2014 and tears it up then then ya, 100+ million but I don't think after this year he has the leverage (no matter whether we win the SB or not) to ask for that type of contract.
$5 foot long!
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Less than Brady or Manning. Crabs showed what Kap is without a great WR. He isn't the kind of QB who can make any WR look good.

I would hope $10-15M per.

Well not yet. He was only in his first full year as a starter. Now maybe as he progresses in reading defenses he can be that type of QB, but as it stands right now. No. And that is why I don't think he can command 100+ million at this point in time.
Hey, just because the Bears are goofy (dumbp), that shouldn't be a marker to use for getting to a figure for kap. I believe AB 81 thot 3-4 yrs at $14(avg 12-16) for this time around, but still, nothing can be decided until we win out. Yes that is being optimistic, but in those circumstances, I suspect he would be worth more than ABs intial thots( hope I quoted you closely from your estimate 3 mos or so ago, AB) . In any event, check AB 81s blog as well as his pieces here on WZ for a very accurate number.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:

What you think Kaep is going to RT this........ c'mon man, we're fans. Not in meetings, on the practice field or negotiating.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:

If this thread is enough to distract the team we'd be 0-16
Originally posted by NinersGiants:
I think he'll be in the $100 mill range. Some of these dudes getting north of that aren't half the QBs Kap is. Kap has that "it" factor that a lot of these guys around the league just don't have. They're great fantasy point earners, but when the pressure is on, they fold. Kap turns it up a notch when that time comes. That's why he's gonna get paid.

"it" factor, he was 31st in passing through week 11 and had less running than Alex Smith lol

He struggled through the season while missing key playmakers and still led his team to a 12-4 record. He's also shown in multiple seasons now that he can step up in the playoffs and put the team on his back when they need him to. That is the "it" factor. Not your measly stats that you cut off at week 11 to fit the point you're trying to make. But nice try. lol
a happy meal
Originally posted by NinersGiants:

"it" factor, he was 31st in passing through week 11 and had less running than Alex Smith lol

He struggled through the season while missing key playmakers and still led his team to a 12-4 record. He's also shown in multiple seasons now that he can step up in the playoffs and put the team on his back when they need him to. That is the "it" factor. Not your measly stats that you cut off at week 11 to fit the point you're trying to make. But nice try. lol

Yep. 12-4. Wins playoff games. He's getting paid. I guess Matt Ryan type contract if no Super Bowl. If he wins a Super Bowl, Flacco type contract.
[ Edited by father49er on Jan 7, 2014 at 11:16 PM ]
$2.00 hoe
PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by kronik:
He'll get more than Cutler

Not right away. If he is smart he will take a 4yr deal and earn the 2nd big deal. I wouldn't pay him more than 65M right now. Plus we have other players to worry about. Crabs or Iupati? we need to extend Vernon and Willis. And what about Boldin, Dawson and Whitner. And Aldon Smith. We can afford most of them, but if we give Kap 120M we won't be able to afford Crabs and Boldin, and Iupati. We wont cave and give a Cutler or Flacco deal. Bad for the cap. We dont have much room. So it needs to be a smaller deal, same for other pending FAs right now.
60 Mil.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Hey, just because the Bears are goofy (dumbp), that shouldn't be a marker to use for getting to a figure for kap. I believe AB 81 thot 3-4 yrs at $14(avg 12-16) for this time around, but still, nothing can be decided until we win out. Yes that is being optimistic, but in those circumstances, I suspect he would be worth more than ABs intial thots( hope I quoted you closely from your estimate 3 mos or so ago, AB) . In any event, check AB 81s blog as well as his pieces here on WZ for a very accurate number.

Yeah I said about 4 months ago, he wasn't a 100M QB, and I still stand by that. He is a $14-$16M a yr QB though. I just think he is smart enough to realize not to bank on 1 big deal. Also we need to protect ourselves against possible problems. Kap has been great in 2 seasons, but he still has flaws. Some could say he looks good cause in 2012 he had Crabs, and 2013 he had Vernon and Boldin ballin.

I would go no higher than 65M Over 4 years, thats an average of $16.25M a yr. That should satisfy him. It will be interesting to see if they do signing bonus, or just straight up guaranteed base salaries. Cutler didn't get a bonus when signed. So interested in seeing this when offseason comes.

Also FYI, teams are now allowed to extend 2011 draft picks, once Week 17 ended, the window opened, we also need to decide on Aldon's 5th yr option. Should be in the $8.5 and $9.5M range for 2015.