There are 331 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

• dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
More than Romo, less then Rodgers.

Depends on how that is structured. Rodgers biggest cap hit is in 2019 at just over 21 mil. By then the overall cap number should be up and his percentage of it won't seem so bad.

I am guessing the restructuring did this but in 2015 Romo will hit the Cowboy's cap at a whooping 27.7 Mil. Don't want to have to deal with that.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/
Originally posted by dwett:

Depends on how that is structured. Rodgers biggest cap hit is in 2019 at just over 21 mil. By then the overall cap number should be up and his percentage of it won't seem so bad.

I am guessing the restructuring did this but in 2015 Romo will hit the Cowboy's cap at a whooping 27.7 Mil. Don't want to have to deal with that.

Rodgers signed his deal a few years back, and guess what? It's not looking so expensive anymore. At the time, he was the highest paid player in NFL history I believe.

THIS is why you have to have perspective with in regards to the salary cap. The cap goes up, the prices inflate. In five years, 20 million per will look cheap. (Again, please don't read this if you are Kap's agent).

Right now, Rodgers record deal looks like a bargain.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Rodgers signed his deal a few years back, and guess what? It's not looking so expensive anymore. At the time, he was the highest paid player in NFL history I believe.

THIS is why you have to have perspective with in regards to the salary cap. The cap goes up, the prices inflate. In five years, 20 million per will look cheap. (Again, please don't read this if you are Kap's agent).

Yeah. That's why we should lock him in now. He has an obvious up arrow going for him. If we wait until next season, we will regret it.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yeah. That's why we should lock him in now. He has an obvious up arrow going for him. If we wait until next season, we will regret it.

Many factors in play
- Injury
- Team not reaching the NFC title game
- Team drafting a QB this year

All this would halt his contract spike. If the 49ers win the SB, no one has an issue with giving him $20 M
$20M for a QB with Kap's potential is a BARGAIN. The only issue with that is that potential does not win Super Bowls. I say we let him bet on himself and play out this last year and we can renegotiate next summer with or without the cards stack against us. If we win a Super Bowl I have no issue with making him the highest paid QB in the league. We have the coaches and front office to handle paying a QB that much and skimping on another position but find gems in the draft every 2-3 years.
I'd prefer 5 years 75 million which is 15 per but 5 years 90 million seems to be more likely 18 per. I wouldn't go too much over 90 million unless it's a 6 year deal. I top out at 6 years 100 million. I'm glad the cap will be going up that will help us re-sign Kap, Crabtree, Aldon, Culliver, Miller, etc. Without it we might have kept 2 out of the big 3 or 3 of 3 but we would be losing a lot of the Cullivers, Millers, Dorsey, Skuta type guys because so much would be devoted to those big 3 and nothing would be left.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 6, 2014 at 7:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I think I posted earlier in this thread, 18-20 mil would be about right, 6 years sounds long enough to spread any signing bonus. He is the real deal, lock him up.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Mar 6, 2014 at 10:46 PM ]
Lowell Cohn response:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/san-francisco-49ers/video

Hey Lowell, EAD!! Aside from that look out for Rick. I am sure he will get at you fool!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Lowell Cohn response:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/san-francisco-49ers/video

Hey Lowell, EAD!! Aside from that look out for Rick. I am sure he will get at you fool!

LOL...11-12 I like that number. Any niner fan should love that number.

Pretty funny his response to Kap's mom. While true, probably not the best move if he ever wants his question's answered by Kap.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 7, 2014 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
LOL...11-12 I like that number. Any niner fan should love that number.

Pretty funny his response to Kap's mom. While true, probably not the best move if he ever wants his question's answered by Kap.

Yes. But he has to understand a middle class hardworking momma that worked night jobs to be there for her baby is gonna go nuts if an old fart like him tries to rough up her kiddo. He is our QB but Kap is her baby and I know my momma would be agg if someone yapped like that about me. His rant could have been a bit more professional. Now you can imagine that both Kap and Rick are going to want to smash Lowell's face in! I know from dealing with my uncle that you can say what you want about him but if you mess with his wife it is lights out!

Share 49ersWebzone