What is Kaeps worth....?

What is Kaeps worth....?

Romo over Kap

POTD
Playoffs wins on the Road

Kap - 2-0
Montana 1-3
Young 0-3
After seeing the crazy contracts of average QB in Flacco and Cutler, it's crazy to think about Kaep's payday. Everyone will say he was vastly overpaid, but that becoming the norm for QBs.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Kap - 2-0
Montana 1-3
Young 0-3

So you're saying Kap is already better than Montana and Young? What a worthless/meaningless stat.

What you are saying is that Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino too right? Because only one of them QB'd a team that won the Super Bowl. Dilfer must be better.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Romo over Kap

POTD

I know. Fundamentals like pocket presence, footwork, accuracy, the ability to read defenses and go through post snap progressions are so overrated.

It Kaep every gets better than average at these things (he's well below average at all of them other than accuracy, which he is at least average at) he'll be the best QB that ever played the game but until then he is what he is. An amazingly physically gifted athlete playing QB that is severely limited when it comes to many of the fundamentals of playing the position in the NFL.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Kap - 2-0
Montana 1-3
Young 0-3

So you're saying Kap is already better than Montana and Young? What a worthless/meaningless stat.

What you are saying is that Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino too right? Because only one of them QB'd a team that won the Super Bowl. Dilfer must be better.

No that is what your saying I just found this out a could NOT believe it
$100 mill
Guess something similar to this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world....

Most long-term NFL contracts amount to three-year projections. In the case of quarterback Jay Cutler's new deal with the Chicago Bears, that's especially true.According to contract details obtained Monday by USA TODAY Sports, Cutler didn't receive a signing bonus on the seven-year, $126.7 million contract he signed last week, instead getting guaranteed base salaries of $22.5 million in 2014, $15.5 million in 2015 and $16 million in 2016.That essentially makes it a three-year, $54 million contract, with rolling club options each year from there and no salary cap repercussions if the Bears release Cutler anytime after the 2016 season because there's no bonus to prorate.None of the money in the deal's last four years — base salaries of $12.5 million in 2017, $13.5 million in 2018, $17.5 million in 2019 and $19.2 million in 2020, plus $2.5 million in per-game roster bonuses each season — is guaranteed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bears/2014/01/06/bears-jay-cutler-contract/4341931/
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Kap - 2-0
Montana 1-3
Young 0-3

No that is what your saying I just found this out a could NOT believe it

Record as a SB starter:
Montana 4-0
Young 1-0
Kaepernick 0-1

Interceptions thrown in SB
Montana 0
Young 0
Kaepernick 1
Baalke will keep salaries balanced and will not pay Kaepernick so much that other positions would suffer. I really like his way of sculpting the roster. He has used inexpensive FAs to fill in for over paid losses, rookies where needed...though he may have really lucked out with Reid. Who knew he would be a effective as Goldson? The rookie salary cap has helped retain some of the vets but the niners are likely to lose some good players. I can't see them matching if someone overpays for Whitner or Goodwin (less likely). Iupati may be expendable if they like both Looney and Kilgore...then they can draft a true C.

Another way of looking at the roster is--which areas are stocked with young salary cap friendly guys who will likely keep growing? DL is an area they may just leave as is this off-season...especially if they think Carradine is as good as his rep would suggest. RB is another position that is really stocked.

Areas that need improving could see some FA losses--CB and...well...CB. They need to get younger there and I can see Manningham being gone, replaced by a couple of rookies fighting it out...particularly if they extend Boldin.
Here's the reality: If he wins the SB he's gonna and should ask for the world! That trophy is all that matters and once you get it you should get paid! teams don't give a s**t about players and will cut a guy in a minute. Unless they are willing to guarantee 16-17 million a year for 10 yrs I say he will ask for 20 mil per.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Here's the reality: If he wins the SB he's gonna and should ask for the world! That trophy is all that matters and once you get it you should get paid! teams don't give a s**t about players and will cut a guy in a minute. Unless they are willing to guarantee 16-17 million a year for 10 yrs I say he will ask for 20 mil per.

I disagree! If Kaepernick is smart, and I have no doubt he is, he will take a bit less from the niners rather than go to a team that is a mess. Can you imagine CK going to a perennial loser? The difference in contract is not likely to be worth throwing away his future. I'm not sure what he's making in advertising right now but some athletes make more in endorsements than they do salary. He will own SF, if he doesn't all ready, and the team is poised to be good or great for years.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"What is Kaeps worth....?"

He worth a couple of Beats headphones, a nude painting of himself, some Mighty Wings and a boatload of "straiight cash homie"
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Guess something similar to this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world....

Most long-term NFL contracts amount to three-year projections. In the case of quarterback Jay Cutler's new deal with the Chicago Bears, that's especially true.According to contract details obtained Monday by USA TODAY Sports, Cutler didn't receive a signing bonus on the seven-year, $126.7 million contract he signed last week, instead getting guaranteed base salaries of $22.5 million in 2014, $15.5 million in 2015 and $16 million in 2016.That essentially makes it a three-year, $54 million contract, with rolling club options each year from there and no salary cap repercussions if the Bears release Cutler anytime after the 2016 season because there's no bonus to prorate.None of the money in the deal's last four years — base salaries of $12.5 million in 2017, $13.5 million in 2018, $17.5 million in 2019 and $19.2 million in 2020, plus $2.5 million in per-game roster bonuses each season — is guaranteed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bears/2014/01/06/bears-jay-cutler-contract/4341931/

I could of told you that, lol

I see it as a deal like that if they go the 6 or 7 yr route. I still say he should take a 4yr $65M deal. That's $16.25 million a year average. At most a $72M deal, which is $18 million a year average.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

I disagree! If Kaepernick is smart, and I have no doubt he is, he will take a bit less from the niners rather than go to a team that is a mess. Can you imagine CK going to a perennial loser? The difference in contract is not likely to be worth throwing away his future. I'm not sure what he's making in advertising right now but some athletes make more in endorsements than they do salary. He will own SF, if he doesn't all ready, and the team is poised to be good or great for years.

I get what you're saying BUT guys use salary as a measure of their worth to their teams, company organization etc. This is a business and guys treat it as such because the teams treat it that way. Imagine if the 9ers don't want to pay him and say the Texans do, think he leaves? Hell yes he does, still a good team and let's not forget no state taxes and 5+ million more. I would bounce and he would too IMO.