There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our in-house priority list

2014 Free Agents (unless some of these guys signed while I was asleep at the wheel)

Boldin--high priority because he makes the offense click with Crabtree.

Dawson--high priority due to his consistency.

Whitner--tutor for a young high draft pick at SS and Reid.

Goodwin--only a priority if they do not trust Kilgore, Looney or a high draft pick?

Wright--young, talented DB and insurance if they can't sign Culliver next year...draft pick will push here.

Brown--odd man out? Or will he be reasonable? Could be either Brown or Wright, whoever signs first.

Dixon--coaches love this guy, good team mate, high STs value...could surprise by staying.

Wilhoite--low demand? May be at camp due to limited opportunities elsewhere.

Dobbs--Same as Wilhoite but someone may nab him for his all around talent.

Manningham--gone...team has had too many injuries at WR to keep--draft pick(s) will replace him.

McCoy--if no other team picks him off he will likely be back as insurance. Draft pick will compete.
#1 Priority - Beat Carolina

#2 Priority - Win the NFC Title game

#3 Priority - Win the Super Bowl
can we give Jon Baldwin a $100 mil extension?
Originally posted by AUniner:
1. Harbaugh new deal. Has to be paid top 3 IMO. Only coach I have in front of him is Belicheck, maybe Payton.
2. Securing other coaches if we lose any.
3. Crabs new deal. 5 years $70M? 3rd highest in the league? I thik he should get top 5 money but not Megatron or Fitz money.
4. Aldon new deal. No idea what we pay him. 5 years $70-80M? Obviously there will be strict conditions relating to off field.
5. Kaep new deal - I dunno yet. I want to see more progress. If he reaches free agency good luck to him. He'll get paid but won't have long term success without Harbaugh IMO.
5a. Boldin new deal. Will need to be cap friendly. Would love to keep him but the money probably not there.
6. Iupati, Miller, Hunter, Culliver, Dorsey & Whitner deals. Rogers & Brown likely gone. Need Whitner there as veteran presence. The others need new deals but wouldn't be surprised if Iupati misses out. Culliver would have to take a team friendly deal at this point due to ACL.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Harbaugh is the TOP coach in the NFL, Bellacheat and Sean Payton?? really?? Harbaugh took over a team that had talent but absolutely sucked ass with No-win and Dingleberry... He has taken us to the NFC championship game (f**k YOU KYLE WILLIAMS) Super Bowl (f**k YOU REFS) and to at least the divisional round of the playoffs 3 straight years in a NFC conference that is LOADED!! the AFC has Denver and New England... beyond that they suck ass... We have to deal with the Packers, the Seahags, the Saints, the Panthers, the Falcons..the Lions.. even the stupid ass Cowboys are more talented than most AFC teams... i mean come on bro.. Harbaugh OVER Bellacheat and that arrogant POS cheater Sean Payton....

In Harbaugh we trust - He is the most passionate coach in the NFL
You have to remember that with all the endorsements Kaep gets (continues to get), Kaep won't hamstring the organization. I think he'll ask for a 5-6 years deal at 15 per but then break the bank for his next one. I'd venture to say that by the time this season is over, heading into next season Kaep will make what Peyton and Brady do in endorsements alone.
Lol I posted around 1am last night, I get on my phone now to look up stuff and it reports. That has to be the longest repost gap ever.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Jan 8, 2014 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
2014 Free Agents (unless some of these guys signed while I was asleep at the wheel)

Boldin--high priority because he makes the offense click with Crabtree.

Dawson--high priority due to his consistency.

Whitner--tutor for a young high draft pick at SS and Reid.

Goodwin--only a priority if they do not trust Kilgore, Looney or a high draft pick?

Wright--young, talented DB and insurance if they can't sign Culliver next year...draft pick will push here.

Brown--odd man out? Or will he be reasonable? Could be either Brown or Wright, whoever signs first.

Dixon--coaches love this guy, good team mate, high STs value...could surprise by staying.

Wilhoite--low demand? May be at camp due to limited opportunities elsewhere.

Dobbs--Same as Wilhoite but someone may nab him for his all around talent.

Manningham--gone...team has had too many injuries at WR to keep--draft pick(s) will replace him.

McCoy--if no other team picks him off he will likely be back as insurance. Draft pick will compete.

Nice list!
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
You have to remember that with all the endorsements Kaep gets (continues to get), Kaep won't hamstring the organization. I think he'll ask for a 5-6 years deal at 15 per but then break the bank for his next one. I'd venture to say that by the time this season is over, heading into next season Kaep will make what Peyton and Brady do in endorsements alone.

If Kaep took a deal at 15 million per year it also would set a nice precedent for other free agents: i.e. taking below market value. The reality is the 49ers stand to make it all back and then some in endorsements as long as we continue to win. There are so many commercials out there either with 49ers players, coaches, or you just get the hint that it is the 49ers (I forget the commercial, but there are two guys in a stadium wearing the red home jerseys). Guys like Jay Cutler have to get their money from the Bears because he isn't going to snag a Papa John's like deal.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If Kaep took a deal at 15 million per year it also would set a nice precedent for other free agents: i.e. taking below market value. The reality is the 49ers stand to make it all back and then some in endorsements as long as we continue to win. There are so many commercials out there either with 49ers players, coaches, or you just get the hint that it is the 49ers (I forget the commercial, but there are two guys in a stadium wearing the red home jerseys). Guys like Jay Cutler have to get their money from the Bears because he isn't going to snag a Papa John's like deal.

Off the top of my head I think he has deals with Jaguar, Beats by Dr. See, McDonalds and some energy drink company. He's probably just getting started. RG3 got a boat load of deals but many people don't like him. Kaep is best and most popular new star in the game. His star power is just scratching the surface.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

This is exactly what I expect him to do. He understands as well as anybody and probably more than most that it's important for the team to sign lots of other key players.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Originally posted by AUniner:
1. Harbaugh new deal. Has to be paid top 3 IMO. Only coach I have in front of him is Belicheck, maybe Payton.
2. Securing other coaches if we lose any.
3. Crabs new deal. 5 years $70M? 3rd highest in the league? I thik he should get top 5 money but not Megatron or Fitz money.
4. Aldon new deal. No idea what we pay him. 5 years $70-80M? Obviously there will be strict conditions relating to off field.
5. Kaep new deal - I dunno yet. I want to see more progress. If he reaches free agency good luck to him. He'll get paid but won't have long term success without Harbaugh IMO.
5a. Boldin new deal. Will need to be cap friendly. Would love to keep him but the money probably not there.
6. Iupati, Miller, Hunter, Culliver, Dorsey & Whitner deals. Rogers & Brown likely gone. Need Whitner there as veteran presence. The others need new deals but wouldn't be surprised if Iupati misses out. Culliver would have to take a team friendly deal at this point due to ACL.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Harbaugh is the TOP coach in the NFL, Bellacheat and Sean Payton?? really?? Harbaugh took over a team that had talent but absolutely sucked ass with No-win and Dingleberry... He has taken us to the NFC championship game (f**k YOU KYLE WILLIAMS) Super Bowl (f**k YOU REFS) and to at least the divisional round of the playoffs 3 straight years in a NFC conference that is LOADED!! the AFC has Denver and New England... beyond that they suck ass... We have to deal with the Packers, the Seahags, the Saints, the Panthers, the Falcons..the Lions.. even the stupid ass Cowboys are more talented than most AFC teams... i mean come on bro.. Harbaugh OVER Bellacheat and that arrogant POS cheater Sean Payton....

In Harbaugh we trust - He is the most passionate coach in the NFL

Whoa, don't take it so personally. When he has a ring on his finger then he's the best.

You have to remember Payton did the same with the Saints and turned them into a powerhouse and has the ring. Belichick has 3 rings as HC and 2 as DC, not a coach in the league with that pedigree.

Pay Coach! (apparently I keep reading about Harbaugh wanting a little more control of the team)