There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tomsula, Fangio, and Roman...what if ?

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
I've never understood the stupidity of owners and GMs who think like this. They can't wait 3 weeks to get a superior coach?

Friggin Veruca Salt people

Completely agree. It's like these guys are doing something right, but We don 't have time to find out what it is. I'll never understand needing to hire in early January
well if we win the superbowl then chances are that teams will probably choose other coaches because they wont be able to talk to ours til the season is completely done. I mean they arent going to wait, hoping that our coaches will take the job or that they will seem right for the job while other head coach candidates get snagged

I dont really care if Roman leaves, i think he is gone either way. He would probably make a good head coach but he has a serious problem of utilizing his players. Ginn, Moss, Jenkins, McDonald, and james are/were all underutilized. I would love to see what our offense can do with a legit OC

Fangio would be a big hit but i am sure that TOmsula would serve as a good heir but if they both get picked up then we are screwed. But there are alot of old head coaches who got fired that are good DCs.

I cant believe no one is taking a look at Brad Seely. Everyone is talking about how they want a PLayer's coach and Seely is that exactly! Seely is the one who has been bringing a lot talent from his old teams to the 49ers. the players love him and are confident they will be used right in his system
Stop stop ruin our Oc and Dc because u want lost our Oc and Dc.. I think. Other fake fans wanted our lost Oc and Dc cuz they are jealous our Oc and dc are very good team.
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jan 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM ]
Tomsula is an excellent position coach and I'd hate to see him leave. We are very fortunate having him find and cultivate talent on the d-line. Even if we was to become a defensive coordinator, he still loses some of his effectiveness with the d-line.

Everything else, as NCommand has mentioned, leaves me feeling pretty confident.
Originally posted by Brando85:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
I've never understood the stupidity of owners and GMs who think like this. They can't wait 3 weeks to get a superior coach?

Friggin Veruca Salt people

Completely agree. It's like these guys are doing something right, but We don 't have time to find out what it is. I'll never understand needing to hire in early January

All of this. "Let's hire an inferior coach because we want a guy right now."

I honestly don't think Fangio wants the job. The Tomsula move surprises me although he does have head coaching experience. I think most of us are ok with Roman going and I hope he takes Geep Cryst with him. We legitimately have some of the best assistants in the business, particularly on the defensive side of the ball where I'd put our staff of Ed Donatell (a former DC himself), Jim Leavitt (a former HC), and Jm Tomsula. They get the most out of players whether they are first round picks, mid-round picks, free agent veterans, or undrafted free agents.

I wouldn't expect us to hold onto these guys forever though.

I did forget that Wade Phillips is on the market however. If for some reason we lost Fangio, he would be the perfect hire. Can you imagine what Wade would do with our guys? It would easily be the most talent he has ever had on defense, from the starters to the backups.
Fangio turns 56 before the start of the 2014 season, teams are more inclined to go with an offensive mind as a head coach. If Roman goes Geep Chryst is in place.
I would fire Fangio and promote Tomsula to DC in a heartbeat.
I trust Harb to replace them with other quality coachs, because his job is made easier when these guys are doing there jobs. I don't see Fangio leaving, roman maybe but he'll be back in a year once he's fired, and Tomsula man I hope we don't lose him.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Fangio turns 56 before the start of the 2014 season, teams are more inclined to go with an offensive mind as a head coach. If Roman goes Geep Chryst is in place.

Yep, the Geepster!

If Fangio leaves, what about Wade Phillips for DC?
Originally posted by theginz2004:

My money would be on Ed Donatell being promoted to DC. The 49ers have denied requests for other teams to speak with him in the past. He has been a DC for the Packers and Falcons in the past and undoubtedly has learned from his own experiences and from Fangio.
Why dosent anyone want our great WRz coach ???? Give him away N leave us Fangio N Tomsula PLZZZZZZZ
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Yep, the Geepster!

This is one of those really odd facts and it also explains why Geep is on the staff.... He was Harbaugh's offensive coordinator/QB coach in San Diego in 1999 and 2000 when Harbaugh was playing for the Chargers
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Originally posted by theginz2004:

My money would be on Ed Donatell being promoted to DC. The 49ers have denied requests for other teams to speak with him in the past. He has been a DC for the Packers and Falcons in the past and undoubtedly has learned from his own experiences and from Fangio.

Only problem is Donatell's contract is up after this season. He might leave to become DC for another team.
I think Fangio stays but if he doesn't how about promoting Jim Leavitt to DC? He's the coach of the best unit on the team and the best defensive unit in the NFL. Has HC experience at USF for like 12 years.