LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Tomsula, Fangio, and Roman...what if ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With the interest in the above 3 staff members, what if all 3 left for other jobs ??, this is esp. possible if we won the Super Bowl, as our staff and free agents would be raided like other teams in the past. Would you want any/all to leave or stay ?,, and Who out there would you like to see replace them ? (Pls. list guys available/un-encumbered).
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Jan 6, 2014 at 4:21 PM ]
I would hope that Tomsula would give them the first chance to match a job for DC if Fangio leaves first. Roman isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people make him out to be but I do think they need to replace him and bring a few new twists and better play calling to that offense.
I will literally cry if Tomsula leaves. That said, he may have already developed backups in Carradine, Dial and possibly Okoye and as long as we have veterans such as Smith and McDonald to "train them" we may not feel that loss immediately. Plus Ian will be back as well.

On the flip side, what OC or DC wouldn't be salivating FIGHTING to get those jobs with all the talent/character we have on both sides of the ball. And that is before the draft and FA! Holy cow. I don't care who you are, you WILL be successful right out of the gate.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I will literally cry if Tomsula leaves. That said, he may have already developed backups in Carradine, Dial and possibly Okoye and as long as we have veterans such as Smith and McDonald to "train them" we may not feel that loss immediately. Plus Ian will be back as well.

On the flip side, what OC or DC wouldn't be salivating FIGHTING to get those jobs with all the talent/character we have on both sides of the ball. And that is before the draft and FA! Holy cow. I don't care who you are, you WILL be successful right out of the gate.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Agree with this for sure!
Tomsula would kill 2 with 1 fosho (become DC, and could probably get his own "mini me" to coach DL), we'd only have to replace the OC, but we still need a OC w/pedrigree and credibility, as Jimmy Ray and Hostler really "salivated" and wanted the job too (and look at the train wreck dat happened). Is Mangini an offensive guy in house we could slide in at OC ??
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Tomsula would kill 2 with 1 fosho (become DC, and could probably get his own "mini me" to coach DL), we'd only have to replace the OC, but we still need a OC w/pedrigree and credibility, as Jimmy Ray and Hostler really "salivated" and wanted the job too (and look at the train wreck dat happened). Is Mangini an offensive guy in house we could slide in at OC ??

Tomsula as DC and Bryant Young as DL coach would work for me. I think Mangini has more of a DC guy.
If Greg Roman gets hired by another team, I'll drop him off at the airport myself!

And here's to hoping Norv Turner is on his way back.

Agreed.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Tomsula as DC and Bryant Young as DL coach would work for me. I think Mangini has more of a DC guy.

Dats what I wondered about Mangini, wasnt sure he was an OC or Dc type guy. But, your Def. solutions work well for me too. Donnatel is another in house guy too. Too bad da Colts got Pep Hamilton, albeit Harbough chose Roman over him to come to SF, so maybe not so sure..
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Jan 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM ]

Redskins asked tomeet with roman and fangio
I'd be pretty bummed if we lost Fangio. I'm a fan. I would be mega bummed if we couldn't replace him with Tomsula. He's probably my favorite coach on the team besides Harbaugh. I would do cartwheels if we lost Fangio and could replace him with Phillips, who I respect as one of the best 3/4 coordinators in the NFL and who I think would be licking his chops at the idea of getting his hands on our defense.

I am a huge fan of Romans run plays, but I am not a fan of how he calls a game. I am not a fan of a lot of his strategy. I hate that we have someone else coordinating the passing game. I hate the way we call plays down to the field and think a lot of that is because of that division of OC and co-OC kinda of structure. I have always assumed we have that play clock sapping structure because Roman struggles with the passing game aspect of offense.

I would love to lose Roman if we could get someone like Norv Turner. I am not a fan of promoting from within though and that's what I believe Harbaugh would do.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
With the interest in the above 3 staff members, what if all 3 left for other jobs ??, this is esp. possible if we won the Super Bowl, as our staff and free agents would be raided like other teams in the past. Would you want any/all to leave or stay ?,, and Who out there would you like to see replace them ? (Pls. list guys available/un-encumbered).

The further we go in the playoffs the less likely any of them get new gigs. Teams want coaches now.
I'm sticking to my prediction that Roman goes to the Redskins, makes perfect sense. Dan Snyder is hoping RG3 can turn into CK7.

I'm not really concerned about the assistant coaches, as long as we got Harbaugh, we good!
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 6, 2014 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Brando85:
The further we go in the playoffs the less likely any of them get new gigs. Teams want coaches now.

I've never understood the stupidity of owners and GMs who think like this. They can't wait 3 weeks to get a superior coach?

Friggin Veruca Salt people
Share 49ersWebzone