LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2013 - Wild Card Round: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Crabs resigning is going to be a long shot. That's putting it lightly! We have to sign Kap and Aldon Smith. Whose contracts are up in a year. Which is going to be top dollar for both. Kap will sign a 100million contract, Aldon Smith will be paid the highest contract for an OLB.. Crabs is going to be looking for Fitz, Megatron type cash the $75-100million contract. So I'm enjoying Crabs for the time being. Unless he signs for cheap; which he won't!

Honestly...unless he wins the SB Kap ain't getting 100 mil. Aldon has hurt his value as well.

I think what it may come down to is Crab or Iupati. Halfway through last year, it was Iupati. No question. Not anymore.

If you see the 49ers take a massive guard in the first 3 rounds next year....don't be surprised if Iupati isn't resigned.

You're right Marv in that Aldon and Crabtree might not be worth top dollar realistically, but someone will pay them. Jerry Jones would pay Crabtree megatron money in a heartbeat cause he's an idiot

...which is why they should resign Crabtree NOW, not after next year.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Crabs resigning is going to be a long shot. That's putting it lightly! We have to sign Kap and Aldon Smith. Whose contracts are up in a year. Which is going to be top dollar for both. Kap will sign a 100million contract, Aldon Smith will be paid the highest contract for an OLB.. Crabs is going to be looking for Fitz, Megatron type cash the $75-100million contract. So I'm enjoying Crabs for the time being. Unless he signs for cheap; which he won't!

Honestly...unless he wins the SB Kap ain't getting 100 mil. Aldon has hurt his value as well.

I think what it may come down to is Crab or Iupati. Halfway through last year, it was Iupati. No question. Not anymore.

If you see the 49ers take a massive guard in the first 3 rounds next year....don't be surprised if Iupati isn't resigned.

disagree on 100 mil thing, cutler and romo have 2 playoff wins between them and cracked the 100 mill barrier. matt ryan too only has 1 playoff win. stafford got a new deal aswell, cant remember if it was over 100 mil though. kaepernick has 3 playoff wins in 4 tries. whether we think he is worth it or not does not matter, the market dictates he is worth over 100 mil

...and 1.5 seasons as a starter and many struggles this year. He didn't put up anything close to the numbers the guys you are listing did.

I think he will be expensive, but only a SB will make him THAT expensive.

disagree on 100 mil thing, cutler and romo have 2 playoff wins between them and cracked the 100 mill barrier. matt ryan too only has 1 playoff win. stafford got a new deal aswell, cant remember if it was over 100 mil though. kaepernick has 3 playoff wins in 4 tries. whether we think he is worth it or not does not matter, the market dictates he is worth over 100 mil

...and 1.5 seasons as a starter and many struggles this year. He didn't put up anything close to the numbers the guys you are listing did.

if we disagree, thats cool. players get pay checks in the regular season, but they make their money in the post season. no doubt in my mind he gets over 100 mil. 2nd contract is usually the biggest for nfl players and we've also had him on a bargain like wilson in seattle. agents will be posturing for a little back pay for that aswell.

He's worth 17 million a season in guaranteed money. That's basically what the top QBs are making per season.

I can see them letting Iupati go. Crabtree and Aldon Smith need to be resigned. I THINK they can do a deals with Kaep and A. Smith this year. If so, the deals will likely be below market because it's more lucrative for the players in the short run than simply playing out their rookie contracts and facing franchise tag issues down the road.

Don't forget, they will likely let Rogers walk. Goodwin too. They will probably restructure Gore (again). I think the team will have sufficient cap space to make this happen. I THINK they can
Opinions are great and all, but I'm going to wait for my coaching breakdowns from jonnydel lol

if we disagree, thats cool. players get pay checks in the regular season, but they make their money in the post season. no doubt in my mind he gets over 100 mil. 2nd contract is usually the biggest for nfl players and we've also had him on a bargain like wilson in seattle. agents will be posturing for a little back pay for that aswell.

Maybe I should expand what I mean.

He could very well get 100 mill, but I don't think it's be over 5 years. He's not getting 20 per. If he gets 100, it IMO will be over 7 or 8 years and will have some kind of escape for the 49ers.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Opinions are great and all, but I'm going to wait for my coaching breakdowns from jonnydel lol

LOL.

Consistant. Remarkably consistant.

LOL.

Very consistent. lol.

LOL.

Very consistent. lol.

Why do you bother posting on this thread?

LOL.

Very consistent. lol.

Because you have feedback in which you post faster than anyone else's. I dont post all the time, but I still read Your threads are a staple here, dont change it and keep doing it. Different change-ups in breakdowns are nice.

Maybe I should expand what I mean.

He could very well get 100 mill, but I don't think it's be over 5 years. He's not getting 20 per. If he gets 100, it IMO will be over 7 or 8 years and will have some kind of escape for the 49ers.

yeah i'm not totally sure on contract length, but i fully expect to see a 100 mil deal. one of those nfl contracts where its all about the money in the 1st three season of the deal.

LOL.

Very consistent. lol.

Because you have feedback in which you post faster than anyone else's. I dont post all the time, but I still read Your threads are a staple here, dont change it and keep doing it. Different change-ups in breakdowns are nice.

Well..if THATS the case then I've got you all wrong. LOL.

BTW...agree totally on Jonnydels (sp?) posts.

LOL.

Very consistent. lol.

Well..if THATS the case then I've got you all wrong. LOL.

BTW...agree totally on Jonnydels (sp?) posts.

yeah sorry I came off like I was taking a shot or somethng

If he gets a contract like you are talking about the 49ers are going to be mediocre at best for a long time. The defense is going to be bad and no matter how good Kap ends up being the offense will not be enough to make up for it.

A lot of the teams you mentioned have already seen what it looks like when 1 player, on a team of 53, takes up 20% of the total salary/cap space. It ain't pretty (although it may be exciting for a little while to have a QB that puts up big numbers).
Originally posted by Gavintech:

If he gets a contract like you are talking about the 49ers are going to be mediocre at best for a long time. The defense is going to be bad and no matter how good Kap ends up being the offense will not be enough to make up for it.

A lot of the teams you mentioned have already seen what it looks like when 1 player, on a team of 53, takes up 20% of the total salary/cap space. It ain't pretty (although it may be exciting for a little while to have a QB that puts up big numbers).

thats market value. teams are free to not offer such deals and find alternatives. they choose not to because the alternatives are often worse. everyone wants to think their guy will take a discount. you can see posts about wilson just the same over at seahawks.nut. its just not realistic, these guys have agents and they know how to do their jobs. its new to us because we havent had to dish out this type of cash for a qb in over 10 years. i dont disagree that the team could weaken overall in terms of talent level, but it doesnt make it any less likely that kaepernick is going to for less. at the end of the day its a business. romo, stafford, cutler, ryan, flacco were all making pretty decent money prior to their new deals. kaepernick hasnt even been afforded that ability yet, they gotta take care of him and will.
Share 49ersWebzone