There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Corrections needed to be made...

Originally posted by Raul98:
They called a time out on the first play of the 3rd quarter that was just embarrassing this has been happening all year i don't know what's going on so many time outs being wasted a NFL offense should not be that clumsy when it comes to getting the play called and executed. Sooner or later this is going to cost them big.

It has been confirmed by multiple sources that Kap forgot his wrist-sleeve with the play calls on them coming out of the half-time break.

I'll chalk that up to a rare occurrence in sub zero temperature. That is more clothing/equipment related.

I do agree the TOs in general are a joke. The old 49ers mentioned that many of our SB highlights had RBs lined up incorrectly and Montana just ran the play since they weren't important to the routes. I'd prefer more of that to the robotic syntax error performances we see.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Screens for the love of God! Use Patton James and Hunter speed please Roman!

If I remember correctly we tried a rb screen against the cardinals and it looked really bad. We have had success with wr screens the last few weeks.
need to get the offense going faster to start, especially when we are to go to Clink, get the crowd out of the game early.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:23 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree, but we won't know if it's Roman or JH unless Roman leaves and a new OC comes in.

Plays go from Roman to JH and then to Kap.

Great game and the play calling on the last drive was solid.

I just wonder what the hell is going on. Are they bickering bout what play to run next? Just makes no sense.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,184
Did LMJ or Hunter get the ball at all yesterday? I don't remember seeing them other than special teams
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Raul98:
They called a time out on the first play of the 3rd quarter that was just embarrassing this has been happening all year i don't know what's going on so many time outs being wasted a NFL offense should not be that clumsy when it comes to getting the play called and executed. Sooner or later this is going to cost them big.

It has been confirmed by multiple sources that Kap forgot his wrist-sleeve with the play calls on them coming out of the half-time break.

I'll chalk that up to a rare occurrence in sub zero temperature. That is more clothing/equipment related.

I do agree the TOs in general are a joke. The old 49ers mentioned that many of our SB highlights had RBs lined up incorrectly and Montana just ran the play since they weren't important to the routes. I'd prefer more of that to the robotic syntax error performances we see.

Okay i can understand that he forgot the wrist list which that alone is weird. But this isn't the first time this has happened they been terrible with lining up wrong wasting time out and not getting the play snapped until the clock reaches 0 all season i don't understand why this is constantly happening and not being fixed.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I just wonder what the hell is going on. Are they bickering bout what play to run next? Just makes no sense.

Well, there are three plays being called. So three plays are being relayed from Roman to Harbaugh and then from Harbaugh to Kaep. The whole process itself is just time consuming.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,184
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
Well, there are three plays being called. So three plays are being relayed from Roman to Harbaugh and then from Harbaugh to Kaep. The whole process itself is just time consuming.

Why doesn't Roman just send the plays directly to JH and JH can listen in on them. If he doesn't like it, override it???
I'm pretty sure the team realizes this.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

We're middle of the pack....which for a playoff team is not that great. Secondly...look at the Last 3 column....we're 46% which is horrible.
Originally posted by Chico:
Did LMJ or Hunter get the ball at all yesterday? I don't remember seeing them other than special teams

Hunter got it once, maybe twice I think. LMJ got in, but never got a touch.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

We're middle of the pack....which for a playoff team is not that great. Secondly...look at the Last 3 column....we're 46% which is horrible.

We are middle of the pack with the Eagles, Saints, NE, Carolina, and SEA. Bronco's are 1 and Indy is 7th. There is a 3% span between the first five teams I mentioned with us being in the middle.

Besides Denver we are the best team in the redzone on the road. Not bad for a team that has 3 more road games.

Finally, since we all love stats. Putting our road red zone percentage up against the home red zone percentage of the other teams, the only teams in the playoffs that are better than us is Indy and the Bronco's. So we have a better road red zone percentage than 5 of the 7 playoff teams home red zone percentage.

* I looked back over it and I missed NO who have a 65% at home to our 59% road. But they aren't going to have any home games this year haha. Could be worse we could have Sean Peyton, Jimmy Graham, and Drew Bree's running the show and have a 38% redzone percentage on the road. Who here would have thought that?
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
Well, there are three plays being called. So three plays are being relayed from Roman to Harbaugh and then from Harbaugh to Kaep. The whole process itself is just time consuming.

Why doesn't Roman just send the plays directly to JH and JH can listen in on them. If he doesn't like it, override it???

Because calls have to come in from the sideline not the booth.
Originally posted by Chico:
1) Time clock management - This is ridiculous! Week in and week out we continue to run the clock down to ZERO seconds and players are in the wrong spot or there's miscommunication at the line of scrimmage and we have to blow a timeout or take a delay of game! These are million dollar professionals and can't get this right! Do they not practice this during the week? WTF is wrong with these guys? Roman fix this sh*t!

2) Red Zone offense! it's more like Offensive Red Zone! Punch this ball in the endzone! We have a top five rushing attack going against one of the worst rushing defenses & we constantly brag about having one of the best O-lines in the league. What happened to utilizing your strengths? Roman fix this sh*t!

...any other corrections you can suggest?

having said this...YEAH BABY! LOVE OUR 49ERS! LOVE THIS TEAM! GREAT WIN YESTERDAY even though you're adding 10 years to my life by stressing me out!

1. Other than the wristband flap it wasn't as bad yesterday as it has been. A-Rodg even had issues with it yesterday. Yet, it still should be worked out. I do believe it is done on purpose to some extent. Its hogging the time of possession.

2. This is the primary reason I think Roman is extremely overrated. When the power package isn't working down there, why not spread it out and still run behind a great oline and use a torpedo of a running back. That or play action, bootlegs, a rub route, OR anything else that might work. Just not the same stuff time after time. They know we want Crabtree, so why the one target routes. Or heck, how bout a good old QB keeper?
they could easily fix the clock management issues by adopting the Chip Kelly/Eagles way of calling in plays from the sideline.