There are 156 users in the forums

Corrections needed to be made...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
1) Time clock management - This is ridiculous! Week in and week out we continue to run the clock down to ZERO seconds and players are in the wrong spot or there's miscommunication at the line of scrimmage and we have to blow a timeout or take a delay of game! These are million dollar professionals and can't get this right! Do they not practice this during the week? WTF is wrong with these guys? Roman fix this sh*t!

2) Red Zone offense! it's more like Offensive Red Zone! Punch this ball in the endzone! We have a top five rushing attack going against one of the worst rushing defenses & we constantly brag about having one of the best O-lines in the league. What happened to utilizing your strengths? Roman fix this sh*t!

...any other corrections you can suggest?

having said this...YEAH BABY! LOVE OUR 49ERS! LOVE THIS TEAM! GREAT WIN YESTERDAY even though you're adding 10 years to my life by stressing me out!
Time clock management has been an issue all year so I doubt it will get fixed now same for Red zone offense
Time management is going to have to wait for the off-season.

I think the oline needs to up its game. The allowed too many free rushers early in that game. They did get better in the second half but they'll be to be on their A+ game for the panthers.
3) Wristband playsheets. Dont forget them when starting the third quarter.
I chalk that up to the weather and the crowd. I live in Canada and even for me that weather was f'ing cold man.
Yea Roman was just doing too much on that 1st drive once in the redzone. Can't get to the 4 yard line and not give Gore a touch.

Clock management is the achilles of this coaching staff. Seems like sometimes it's a slow play call, or players not lined up in the correct spots. Yesterday they added a new one with forgetting the wristband
When we did not run the ball on our first offensive possession in the red zone it had me hot.
Originally posted by Chico:
1) Time clock management - This is ridiculous! Week in and week out we continue to run the clock down to ZERO seconds and players are in the wrong spot or there's miscommunication at the line of scrimmage and we have to blow a timeout or take a delay of game! These are million dollar professionals and can't get this right! Do they not practice this during the week? WTF is wrong with these guys? Roman fix this sh*t!

2) Red Zone offense! it's more like Offensive Red Zone! Punch this ball in the endzone! We have a top five rushing attack going against one of the worst rushing defenses & we constantly brag about having one of the best O-lines in the league. What happened to utilizing your strengths? Roman fix this sh*t!

...any other corrections you can suggest?

having said this...YEAH BABY! LOVE OUR 49ERS! LOVE THIS TEAM! GREAT WIN YESTERDAY even though you're adding 10 years to my life by stressing me out!

#1 Time Management so true. This is strictly on coaching.
#2 Redzone I agree. The 49ers have way to many gimic plays/jumbo packs/moving around at the LOS to run a play and only get 2 yards. It doesn't work. Why can't they line up and pound the rock? Between Gore & Dixon 1 of them will get in. This team is built to be physical. The OC is not calling plays to there strength.
I def agree with the clock management. That stuff borders on embarrassing and is not a league wide problem. As for the redzone offense, there is room for improvement but we are ranked 14th and only a percent or two from carolina, new england, and seattle while being a percent or two better than the eagles and saints. Other than that the only other teams in the top 10 that are still in the playoffs are Colts and Denver. (I realize eagles aren't in the playoffs). The span between the 5 teams and us I listed is 4 percent and spans from 16th to 11th place. Indy is 7th and Denver is 1st.

I think the problem around here is that people don't closely follow the trends of other teams and just assume the other good teams don't have the same type of struggles that the 9ers do. Which could make sense if you just get the highlights of all the games and don't see a lot of the common miscues that we all complain about here.
Agree, but we won't know if it's Roman or JH unless Roman leaves and a new OC comes in.

Plays go from Roman to JH and then to Kap.

Great game and the play calling on the last drive was solid.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Well, now we're going up against a top 5 defense so this Red Zone offense is going to be tougher.
They called a time out on the first play of the 3rd quarter that was just embarrassing this has been happening all year i don't know what's going on so many time outs being wasted a NFL offense should not be that clumsy when it comes to getting the play called and executed. Sooner or later this is going to cost them big.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Screens for the love of God! Use Patton James and Hunter speed please Roman!
clock management isn't going to get fixed, its been an issue for 3 years
Share 49ersWebzone