There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

the holds on crabs could of turned one of our FGs into a TD. But what most upset me was the no call on McDonald where he was ripped off of Rodgers which would of ended their drive and would of made the packs take a long FG. Even the Aikman and Buck were pointing these out and Irvin and Sanders on the OT show.

Yea they were letting them play but these calls were either ending drives or keeping them alive. What was good about these horrible calls was that they were not last minute game deciding factors like the brooks penalty in the saints game.

But we won so everything worked out in the end
Just rewatched the non PI call on crabs (second one) Annnnnd I kinda agree with the non call. The db played him tough off the line, was looking back for the ball and made some contact with Crabs but I wasn't too outraged with the non call. They were playing ball out there today. Nice to see without a lot of yellow flags flying everywhere.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
the holds on crabs could of turned one of our FGs into a TD. But what most upset me was the no call on McDonald where he was ripped off of Rodgers which would of ended their drive and would of made the packs take a long FG. Even the Aikman and Buck were pointing these out and Irvin and Sanders on the OT show.

Yea they were letting them play but these calls were either ending drives or keeping them alive. What was good about these horrible calls was that they were not last minute game deciding factors like the brooks penalty in the saints game.

But we won so everything worked out in the end

The play was 4th down. Would have been ZERO points

That was a huge non-call
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
F**k this officiating!! We will lose against Seattle for sure with this bs and even Carolina. If the refs let Carolina hold all game with that pass rush of theirs we will see McCoy in the game

Niners will just have to reciprocate and let the chips fall where they may. Niners are not doing any roll overs for loud mouth teams that want to cheat. The nice, respectful image they wore for months is gone..f**k it, let the chips fall where they may, but they aint taken any more BS..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 5, 2014 at 11:44 PM ]
It was fine, until the McDonald mugging.

When you swallow the whistle, you give an advantage to the weaker team. Even the 49ers players and Harbaugh commented immediately after the game about how the WR were getting held on every play.

Id rather enforce correct calls within reason. If the refs are going to call it like that against SEA, we dont have a chance. Sherman and Co. will just bear hug Boldin and Crabtree on every play.
to me, I don't want a game where they don't make the proper calls and "let them play"

I also don't want a game where they throw a flag every time the wind blows.

What I want is a game where the officials are fair to both sides and throw flags when fouls as they are defined are committed. Those types of games are becoming rare these days it seems like. NFL officiating is obviously harder with the tightening of the rules over the last few years but these guys have got to get it right, IMO the NFL needs to add more refs on gamedays.
the thing is they f**k over every teams coaching staff for coaching up their players to play a certain form all the way from offseason training camps, preseason training and practice and during the regular season. most of that s**t goes out the window in the playoffs and now the game goes somewhat back to more of our likings. its BS. call it one way so everyones on the same page from the get go from preseason to SB.


dont get me started on the holdings during the SB where the 49ers were mostly playing to the rules and the Ravens were getting away with murder on their holds and other s**t during the game.

just make sure you call the NFLs first week games of the season just like you would call the NFLs last game in the SB.
The non calls were on both sides. The allowed a more vintage game, not every incompletion in tight coverage was a PI, loved that, although a few calls were missed.
Aight, the McDonald play was an obvious hold, should have been called.

That call aside, how could you not love the officiating? They let two teams slug it out in the cold instead of prance around and complain.
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Aight, the McDonald play was an obvious hold, should have been called.

That call aside, how could you not love the officiating? They let two teams slug it out in the cold instead of prance around and complain.

Because it allows the team with a horrible defense to keep up with our offense. Anyone can play decent coverage if theyre allowed to manhandle the WR.

Kap got good pass protection today, yet didnt torch a bad, injured D. Why? He saw that the refs were allowing everything, so he started running instead of risking a pass into rape coverage.
people are going to get hurt in games like this.
I agree it helped GB more given the state of their defense
  • dugo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,047
Originally posted by jreff22:
Playing and robbing are two different things.

This
Originally posted by ace49ers:
the thing is they f**k over every teams coaching staff for coaching up their players to play a certain form all the way from offseason training camps, preseason training and practice and during the regular season. most of that s**t goes out the window in the playoffs and now the game goes somewhat back to more of our likings. its BS. call it one way so everyones on the same page from the get go from preseason to SB.


dont get me started on the holdings during the SB where the 49ers were mostly playing to the rules and the Ravens were getting away with murder on their holds and other s**t during the game.

just make sure you call the NFLs first week games of the season just like you would call the NFLs last game in the SB.

Good post
"Letting them play" is one of the most ridiculous concepts ever. If it is a hold, it is a hold--from game one to Super Bowl. I hate hearing that refs keep flags in their pockets during the playoffs, that is just an excuse by the NFL to cover up incompetency when necessary.