LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

"I can't complain" -- make no mistake about it....the reason you cant complain is because we won
Sorry, but I think u are insane. LOL
I'm thinking they got a call from New York telling them to speed the game along. Very few penalties and NO reviews. Just some very quick measurements.
I was pissed in the beginning until I saw they let it go both ways. I do believe Green Bay was a lot worse with it though. More so in the trenches with their O-line holding out defensive line guys and Aldon Smith. Only thing is, what was going on in the trenches was ridiculous with our D-line.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we should've had like 10 sacks. all that holding and Rodgers was a slippery mofo today.
Besidez that hold on McDonald they did do a good job of letting them play.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
we should've had like 10 sacks. all that holding and Rodgers was a slippery mofo today.

That girl at LT was holding on dam near every play lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat:

i'll rewatch the game this week but I know I saw him bear hugging aldon for dear life on at least 2 plays. On one, aldon just stood there with his hands to his side while the dude hugged him.
Its fine if they hold up on the iffy/questionable ones but they have to call the obvious ones.
These no calls cost us the Super Bowl last year............

but OP loves it.

This. Good point jim.

Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
It was to the point to where Bakhtiari just said f*** it and just hugged Aldon on every snap. And House played Sherman coverage whenever he was matched up on Crabtree.

There were several plays where Bakhtiari had his arms around Aldon from behind because he had been beaten so badly by Smith, and the refs of only threw one flag for holding only because Smith ended up on the ground. It was the same in the first game they played this season. It pissed me off then, and it pissed me off tonight.

Dan
49ers fan in NC
My feeling was the refs didn't want to make this game long. They let oline and db's hold. We won!
We're at the point our team is too talented/hardened to be stopped from dips**t officials.
I think too many people romanticize the notion of "letting teams play," and almost disregard consistency no matter the situation (e.g., regular season vs playoffs, 1st Q vs 4th Q).

I know people argue that they don't want officiating to decide the game, but more often than not calls are simply coincidental based on circumstance. I've never been a fan of swallowing the whistles when it's the 4th quarter or whatnot.

It's not that I'm advocating an absolute "letter of the law" officiating style. I'm simply saying that if you're going to have the rules, apply them evenly.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

i'll rewatch the game this week but I know I saw him bear hugging aldon for dear life on at least 2 plays. On one, aldon just stood there with his hands to his side while the dude hugged him.

It looked like he had to b***h slap him out of one hold to sack Rodgers.......I need to rewatch also......I swear I was yelling holding the whole game lol
Share 49ersWebzone