There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I don't know about the whole game. I saw crabs getting mugged a few times. The ray call was historically blown. It was blatant. Everyone in the stadium saw the takedown. And, it was in the play. the hold was material. It was relevant.

ya, Ray gets the sack, turnover on downs. That was on 4th down.
Generally speaking, I like when officials keep the flags in their pockets and let the guys play. I find that most of the gripes I have with officiating come from bad calls, not bad no-calls. But there is a flip side to that. GB got away with so much offensive and defensive holding today. It was disgusting. I'm all for refs not taking over the game, but their no-calls almost cost us a win.
From SI.com

• Fourth Down: Ed Hochuli's frozen officiating.

Hochuli is generally one of the more busy and verbose officials in the game, but on Sunday, he may have had a greater desire to get out of the Lambeau cold than get his usual facetime allotment on national television. Hochuli's crew called a total of five penalties in the game, and at least twice that many infractions could have been called. Were Hochuli to serve as his own counsel (he is a lawyer, after all), he could argue that the lack of officiating didn't affect one team more than another. And in that regard, he'd be correct. Both teams got away with obvious holding and pass interference calls, Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari put on a holding clinic at times, the 49ers got away with an illegal bat on a fourth-quarter kickoff, and Rodgers' amazing artistry on his fourth-quarter completion to Randall Cobb shouldn't have even happened, because center Evan Dietrich-Smith was clearly and egregiously holding McDonald on the play.

Perhaps Ed was just trying to avoid any obvious mistakes so that he could stay eligible for a Super Bowl assignment, but his no-calls amounted to quite a few blown calls.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I don't know about the whole game. I saw crabs getting mugged a few times. The ray call was historically blown. It was blatant. Everyone in the stadium saw the takedown. And, it was in the play. the hold was material. It was relevant.

Thank you. I'm sorry, but this game was not evenly called. I know some may feel no harm no foul because we won the game, but what could have been a 21 pt win could have been a 3 point lost.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Generally speaking, I like when officials keep the flags in their pockets and let the guys play. I find that most of the gripes I have with officiating come from bad calls, not bad no-calls. But there is a flip side to that. GB got away with so much offensive and defensive holding today. It was disgusting. I'm all for refs not taking over the game, but their no-calls almost cost us a win.

pretty much agree. Its one thing to let the players play but you have to call the blatant offenses, especially when they are preventing or allowing TD's.
From SI.com

Hochuli is generally one of the more busy and verbose officials in the game, but on Sunday, he may have had a greater desire to get out of the Lambeau cold than get his usual facetime allotment on national television. Hochuli's crew called a total of five penalties in the game, and at least twice that many infractions could have been called. Were Hochuli to serve as his own counsel (he is a lawyer, after all), he could argue that the lack of officiating didn't affect one team more than another. And in that regard, he'd be correct. Both teams got away with obvious holding and pass interference calls, Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari put on a holding clinic at times, the 49ers got away with an illegal bat on a fourth-quarter kickoff, and Rodgers' amazing artistry on his fourth-quarter completion to Randall Cobb shouldn't have even happened, because center Evan Dietrich-Smith was clearly and egregiously holding McDonald on the play.

Perhaps Ed was just trying to avoid any obvious mistakes so that he could stay eligible for a Super Bowl assignment, but his no-calls amounted to quite a few blown calls.
ask that piece of s**t about the ray mac hold.
As long as it's card both ways I'm fine with it
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
These no calls cost us the Super Bowl last year............
From SI.com

It was to the point to where Bakhtiari just said f*** it and just hugged Aldon on every snap. And House played Sherman coverage whenever he was matched up on Crabtree.
I'm glad ray's play is getting attention. As I said, it wasn't as if the hold happened, you know, ten yards from the ball. iT was directly material to the movement of the ball carrier and could not possibly have been missed by the refs. There must have been at least three refs looking right at the ball carrier, rogers.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I was really upset at the non-calls in the first quarter....but then when I seen the refs were just letting guys play, I was all for it. I have ZERO problem with not calling every ticky tack call. They let the teams play ball today and the better team won..period. Good job refs.

Don't remember which drive it was GBs TD or their last FG But when A Rodgers got away from that sack in the 4th quarter on that 4th down play there was some BLTANAT holding there that wasn't called...Not sure I like the way the refs "let them play it out"
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Don't remember which drive it was GBs TD or their last FG But when A Rodgers got away from that sack in the 4th quarter on that 4th down play there was some BLTANAT holding there that wasn't called...Not sure I like the way the refs "let them play it out"

Yeah that's rays play we are talking about.
They were not equal in their calls. The NFL wanted rogers/the packers and there is no question they were favoring the pack. Win in spite of the refs--yes, they did.
Originally posted by jimrat:
These no calls cost us the Super Bowl last year............

but OP loves it.
They didn't call much of anything. Poor Aldon was pretty much molested all game long yet they talked up Bahktiari (sp). That dude sucks!

Its fitting that Ric Flair did the pep talk because that game was like a cage match.