There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

I dont know who ranks the officiating crews but they usually put the best of the crews from the regular season (ones that f**ked up the lease) in the playoffs. . . . . then get them to officiate as bad as the crews that didnt make the playoff cut . . . . then get the least worse off the playoff crew to officiate the SB . . . .

did I miss something . . . .
I dont know who ranks the officiating crews but they usually put the best of the crews from the regular season (ones that f**ked up the lease) in the playoffs. . . . . then get them to officiate as bad as the crews that didnt make the playoff cut . . . . then get the least worse off the playoff crew to officiate the SB . . . .

Originally posted by ace49ers:

Yes, you did.

"[Boger] shouldn't even be eligible for the game," one official said. "Everybody basically knows what's happening. You see when grades appear, and when grades mysteriously disappear. Any incorrect call or missed call will disappear for no reason at all."

What I believe... in a year marred by bad officiating due to the replacement referees, Roger Goodell and the NFL instructed Boger's crew to keep the penalties to a minimum for the big game. And thus, only 7 total penalties were called.
Whatever they didn't call they didn't call on both sides of the ball. I really was pretty pleased. You could pick on some of the calls but there was nothing that made me jump out of my seat.
I think the referees couldn't bear freezing temperatures last Sunday, that's why they didn't want to slow down the game by calling every penalty that should've been called. They wanted to end the game early and get the fucc outta there too.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by jimrat:
These no calls cost us the Super Bowl last year............

Yep.

Do you people that like to use the phrase "let guys play" like when they let guys play like this?

I know someone that didn't...

That is NOT a hold by rule. On a return the only way it's a hold is if the player being blocked goes to the ground. That's why they kept lifting him up off the ground on that play, as you can see in the provided picture, to ensure he didn't go to the ground.

However there was a hold, witnessed in the 2nd picture down, so the point is moot. The play should have been called back.

That is an error. The "goes to the ground" thing is in close line play... not a kickoff return.
That was debunked the day Pererra (sp?) said it.
One thing is always certain in the game of sport, you can never be satisfied with the l level of officiating, it such a complicated task for the refs, the refs needs to always be in the right mindset. But let's hope for the best in the Sunday game against the panthers.
A number of items regarding this notion:

1) This is the future of the NFL in my opinion--cracking down on hard hits and allowing more incidental contact.
2) Their intent to limit concussions (due to legal matters) adds to this.
3) They have always reduced penalty calls in the playoffs--this may be an extendion.
4) Seattle understood this two years ago and has benefited greatly.
5) The niners had better get use to it and train/retrain their DBs.

This was worse than the holding on the next play, for the following reasons.

A) It's a clear helmet to helmet. Players have been flagged and penalized for a lot worse than this. Hell, Whitner's been flagged for hits nowhere near as bad as this one.

B) The play was ruled incomplete, however, Crabtree has possession of the ball and the hit forces him to fumble it out of bounds. Instead of it being an incomplete pass, it should have been SF's ball at or around the 3 yard line (which at that point, we more than likely call a running play on the next play). An incomplete pass is the one thing this play couldn't be, yet that's how it was ruled.
In the Superbowl the missed calls were on Baltimore. In this game the calls went both way.
There were a couple of PI calls that should have been called against us, but weren´t.

It has to go both ways than it´s OK, yet wehn it goes only against one team, then it´s unfair.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I think the referees couldn't bear freezing temperatures last Sunday, that's why they didn't want to slow down the game by calling every penalty that should've been called. They wanted to end the game early and get the fucc outta there too.

This is exactly the point that the former head of officiating was talking about on KLAC 570 (LA) during an interview yesterday... can't remember his name but he always chimes in on FOX games (italian -i believe)... whoever he is, they always have him explain penalties and of course he comes on like "captain hind-sight."

But he pretty much reiterated the same opinion, cause the ref's are out there the entire game freezing their A$$E$ off and their judgement is cloudy-- who knows, but bottom line, i don't think they want to slow the game down.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
At least they let both teams play and the game didn't come down to a penalty or BS call
It almost did if Kaep didn't lead us on that game winning drive
I assure you... if we lost you would not be happy about the complete lack of calls...
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

This is exactly the point that the former head of officiating was talking about on KLAC 570 (LA) during an interview yesterday... can't remember his name but he always chimes in on FOX games (italian -i believe)... whoever he is, they always have him explain penalties and of course he comes on like "captain hind-sight."

But he pretty much reiterated the same opinion, cause the ref's are out there the entire game freezing their A$$E$ off and their judgement is cloudy-- who knows, but bottom line, i don't think they want to slow the game down.

mike pereira

i hate that doot
All in all... i didn't have much of a problem with the game... was happy our penalties were very low. Although i did want the "mugging" to be called on CRABS in the opening drive, but was happy GB finally got theirs in the end.

I didn't even notice McDonald getting close-lined till after the game on CSN Bay Area post game and that was pretty bad... could've been the most costly.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home