There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Divisional Round)

Originally posted by cciowa:
his body language and towel over the head reeked of lack of leadership in my opinion.. i swear when brooks got him on the second sack of that series, he ran off the field and was crying just like a little boy who just got beat up by a girl on his way home from school

Game was officially over at that point, watching his body language, he just signaled defeat, his shoulders were drooping, head lowered, hunching forwards, dude didn't want any more. Take a look at a guy like Brady or Manning, no matter how badly things might be going, how much they've gotten the s**t kicked out of them, you never see those expressions of defeat. Dude quit, said f**k it......"there's always next year."
I didn't hear any complaining when the Panthers defense came out and started throwing guys around after the whistle and yelling in guys' faces. They came out and tried to intimidate the Niners and it just blew up in their faces. Now their fans are crying like little girls. Hilarious. And as usual, I have to point out that we're the ones they always call "whiners."
Originally posted by crabman82:
what did you guys honestly think of that hit VD got on the 1st drive that got flagged? right when i saw it, i viewed it as an unneeded cheap shot and was not surprised to see it flagged. but after looking around the web this morning i see a lot of people with no horse in the race calling it a BS call.

It was a BS call, but the right call, if that makes sense. 10 years ago, that is not a penalty, but if Whitner makes that same hit on Olsen, it gets flagged as well, VD had no chance for the ball at all, dude came in and cleaned his clock for no reason. In the current NFL, that's a penalty every time.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
his body language and towel over the head reeked of lack of leadership in my opinion.. i swear when brooks got him on the second sack of that series, he ran off the field and was crying just like a little boy who just got beat up by a girl on his way home from school

Game was officially over at that point, watching his body language, he just signaled defeat, his shoulders were drooping, head lowered, hunching forwards, dude didn't want any more. Take a look at a guy like Brady or Manning, no matter how badly things might be going, how much they've gotten the s**t kicked out of them, you never see those expressions of defeat. Dude quit, said f**k it......"there's always next year."

Lolwut

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Jan 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Lolwut

Cliff Notes-He raised the white flag.
what did you guys honestly think of that hit VD got on the 1st drive that got flagged? right when i saw it, i viewed it as an unneeded cheap shot and was not surprised to see it flagged. but after looking around the web this morning i see a lot of people with no horse in the race calling it a BS call.

It was a BS call, but the right call, if that makes sense. 10 years ago, that is not a penalty, but if Whitner makes that same hit on Olsen, it gets flagged as well, VD had no chance for the ball at all, dude came in and cleaned his clock for no reason. In the current NFL, that's a penalty every time.
That is a penalty in any Era. You can't take out a player after the play is over
The commentary ruins watching any replay of this game. You just want to strip the the audio and put in another stations play call.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Panthers remind me a lot of the Lions, lots of talent, lots of power, but no
discipline.

I think they just thought they can intimidate us which is hilarious with all the experience we have.

"If intimidation is your gameplan. Find another one."
Originally posted by verb1der:
Wow I didn't even know Cam told Rivera he can sneak it in on that failed attempt on 4th and 1 at the goal line. If I was a panthers fan I'd be roasting him right now.
Any great competitor who did not feel this way...would cease to be a great competitor! But the sneak seemed a bad choice on the goal line with the niner D being so big against the run.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Kaep looked like he was trying to beat the Panthers close coverage or the rush on some of his throws in the first half and it affected his accuracy. As the game went on he was able to adjust and made so really nice throws. In the first qtr it seemed like he was trying to feel things out. It happens with all qb. They are trying to push the envelope of their decisions and throws without going retard and let the other team have the momentum in their home turf and crowd, especially against a really good defensive team like the Panthers.

You can call it struggling by Kaep. But it's part of any qb's game. You just don't go out there and zip the ball around and confident like in the first qtr against a top rated defense. You deliberately test out what you can do. To expect Kaep to go through the Panthers defense like hot knife through butter is totally unrealistic.
As the game went on, Kaepernick gained focus and confidence, while Newton fell apart. I'm not downing Cam for this...he was being harassed and they needed to pass for any chance to win...the niners could play loose and attack.

Newton has had this body language issue since...probably HS but definitely college. Evidently no one has had the courage to tell him how bad this makes him look. If you are going to do a Super Man pose when you make a play, you should at least be a man when you err.

This is something the NFL has made clear for the past couple of years. I'm so happy to have Reid over Goldson for this reason. Reid is very smart and covers much better while Goldson relies on 90 mph collisions. It's only BS if you think the NFL doesn't have any worries regarding law suits based around head trauma. They have to try and change the way the game is played, whether anyone likes it or not. Big DBs who can manhandle receivers is the future...Reid will be the niners first of the new breed...but he still can hit when appropriate!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 13, 2014 at 4:07 PM ]

yeah thats exactly how i felt too.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Lolwut

I want a QB that's like Rivers after a loss!

The people on the internet probably made the same mistake Aikman did. If you watch the short replay right before the hit or see a still shot you see the ball midair near VDs head. Looks like a live play.

If you watch the ENTIRE play you see the ball bounced between Boldin and VD. It was up on bounce UP that he was drilled.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

The people on the internet probably made the same mistake Aikman did. If you watch the short replay right before the hit or see a still shot you see the ball midair near VDs head. Looks like a live play.

If you watch the ENTIRE play you see the ball bounced between Boldin and VD. It was up on bounce UP that he was drilled.

I expect Aikman to be biased...ex Cowboy and all, but have really been surprised by Buck and others who claim to be announcers. Everything the niners did was stated as fact while the Panthers "may have" done something illegal. Just really sad.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I expect Aikman to be biased...ex Cowboy and all, but have really been surprised by Buck and others who claim to be announcers. Everything the niners did was stated as fact while the Panthers "may have" done something illegal. Just really sad.

Like the non-PI call on Kuechly on a crossing route?

The dialog went something like this:
"Kuechly maaaay have been a bit early on that one"
"Better early than late though"
"ha ha ha"

Then they carried on with the narrative. Complete opposite to how they treated things when SF was the one they wanted to b***h about