LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Divisional Round)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It was a BS call, but the right call, if that makes sense. 10 years ago, that is not a penalty, but if Whitner makes that same hit on Olsen, it gets flagged as well, VD had no chance for the ball at all, dude came in and cleaned his clock for no reason. In the current NFL, that's a penalty every time.

The people on the internet probably made the same mistake Aikman did. If you watch the short replay right before the hit or see a still shot you see the ball midair near VDs head. Looks like a live play.

If you watch the ENTIRE play you see the ball bounced between Boldin and VD. It was up on bounce UP that he was drilled.

I expect Aikman to be biased...ex Cowboy and all, but have really been surprised by Buck and others who claim to be announcers. Everything the niners did was stated as fact while the Panthers "may have" done something illegal. Just really sad.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I expect Aikman to be biased...ex Cowboy and all, but have really been surprised by Buck and others who claim to be announcers. Everything the niners did was stated as fact while the Panthers "may have" done something illegal. Just really sad.

Like the non-PI call on Kuechly on a crossing route?

The dialog went something like this:
"Kuechly maaaay have been a bit early on that one"
"Better early than late though"
"ha ha ha"

Then they carried on with the narrative. Complete opposite to how they treated things when SF was the one they wanted to b***h about
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
It was a BS call, but the right call, if that makes sense. 10 years ago, that is not a penalty, but if Whitner makes that same hit on Olsen, it gets flagged as well, VD had no chance for the ball at all, dude came in and cleaned his clock for no reason. In the current NFL, that's a penalty every time.

The people on the internet probably made the same mistake Aikman did. If you watch the short replay right before the hit or see a still shot you see the ball midair near VDs head. Looks like a live play.

If you watch the ENTIRE play you see the ball bounced between Boldin and VD. It was up on bounce UP that he was drilled.

aikman did not even try to hide it. i have sited three examples of his blatant bias in the broadcast sunday
Originally posted by crabman82:
what did you guys honestly think of that hit VD got on the 1st drive that got flagged? right when i saw it, i viewed it as an unneeded cheap shot and was not surprised to see it flagged. but after looking around the web this morning i see a lot of people with no horse in the race calling it a BS call.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira12 Jan
Late hit on Davis was good call folks. He let up & ball is on the ground. It makes no difference pass was tipped -- close, but a foul.

The thing that pissed me off was Panthers trying to hurt VD, Q and Kapernick during tackles.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira12 Jan
Late hit on Davis was good call folks. He let up & ball is on the ground. It makes no difference pass was tipped -- close, but a foul.

Thank you. Cracked me up how Rivera and all the Panthers were screaming about how the ball was tipped. It doesn't matter you morons. That only applies to PI. Davis was hit well after the ball fell incomplete. It was a cheap shot. Mitchell saw Davis wasn't looking because the play was over, and he went head hunting. Dirty player and he has the nerve to complain about the officiating after the game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The thing that pissed me off was Panthers trying to hurt VD, Q and Kapernick during tackles.
the topper was them trying to beat up little patton. of course espn today turned a blind eye to that because all they could do is wag their finger at ck for making fun of cam. i would bet you a million bucks if ck was not half black, they would cry racism
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Yup. 1st drive alone they made dirty tackles on Crab and Tukuafu, then the late hit on VD.
Not to veer off topic, but i was watching PTI and the white dude on there was saying that it was a shame that kap mocked cam and it was hard to root for the 49ers. Its funny that they didn't mention that the Panthers were the first one to mock us first....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Not to veer off topic, but i was watching PTI and the white dude on there was saying that it was a shame that kap mocked cam and it was hard to root for the 49ers. Its funny that they didn't mention that the Panthers were the first one to mock us first....

That drives me crazy. Did they not pay attention when they mocked "Kaepernicking" in the 1st matchup?

The butthurt is strong with these clowns.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

they also never showed any footage of thomas trying to beat down patton. at least wilbon and on around the horn, most agreed it was much ado about nothing. it still pissed me off that they focused only on that aspect of yesterdays game. hardly any credit to the niner d, little mention of gores run or the pass to vernon. it was all about ck mocking cam
Originally posted by SportsFan:
This. I don't get what Aikman was saying. The ball had hit the ground about 5 feet from Vernon who made no attempt to even reach for it. His arms went limp and he was starting to trott and boom, the guy lite him up. Easy call there in my mind.

The ball was thrown to Davis, the defender can't see where it was. I didn't like the call. It's happened to us a few times too.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i never believe the "refs are against us theorys" but put me down lock in step with those who think a vast majority of the media hate us and are biased against us. f**king aikman never even tried to hide it yesterday
Originally posted by SofaKing:

That drives me crazy. Did they not pay attention when they mocked "Kaepernicking" in the 1st matchup?

The butthurt is strong with these clowns.

They would probably say, "Yeah, but they were just having fun with the moment."
Originally posted by cciowa:
i never believe the "refs are against us theorys" but put me down lock in step with those who think a vast majority of the media hate us and are biased against us. f**king aikman never even tried to hide it yesterday

It's very simple. We embarrassed the s**t out of them with the longest, most dominant football dynasty, that lasted over twenty years.

They feel sick to that that Harbaugh and company have brought it back.
Share 49ersWebzone