There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Divisional Round)

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by kray28:
I think with Green Bay, it was a combination of the past, the weather, and Rodgers. I thought we were tough enough to handle...just wasn't sure. The test this week was comparatively easy, and was the cause of much less anxiety.

I think we all have doubts still about whether Kap can get the C-Link monkey off his back.

Yup. Of course he will win there eventually, but it must happen this week. I don't think I can take an entire off-season of Seahawk supremacy lol.

Eventually the two toughest guys on the block will meet up and see who is the toughest. No bigger, better stage that the NFC championship game to see who is the toughest on the block. This will be a long off season for the loser on this game.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Deion Sanders mystified that the Panthers ran Tolbert and Newton at the goal line.......
Tolbert is a 240-250 pound wrecking ball and Newton 6-5 250 lbs......these haters are unreal......gonna turn the tv off now lol

Yeah lol he basically blamed it on poor play calling, instead of giving us credit for stopping them. Deion is an idiot. Those were the appropriate play calls with those big ass dudes like you mentioned. We just simply out muscled and out executed them.

QB sneak on the goal line is a difficult play...no time for him to build up speed. But the DLine had to stop him and they did, as opposed to Kaepernick's two first down runs on sneaks...guess it can be done with the right players? LOL!

And to top it off Vernon Davis didn't have possession of the ball on that TD catch according to Faulk
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Bowman 11 tackles and a sack
Willis 11 tackles and a pick
Brooks 6 tackles and 2.5 sacks

Wow

our lbs are unreal. if aldon didnt get that dwi all 4 would be pro bowlers
And to top it off Vernon Davis didn't have possession of the ball on that TD catch according to Faulk

Yeah, that douchebag was looking for anything to criticize. "I don't know, I just don't know that he had possession of that going all the way down, he bobbled it 1/10th of an inch right here, see that?"
Originally posted by fister30:
Did anybody feel nervous about carolina at any point of this game? Even when Carolina got the lead, I almost expected the 49ers to get the lead back before the half. The panthers were out played today.

I predicted 27-10 with Greg Olsen scoring their only td. I said the Niners would get two scores from their West coast passing attack and that Gore would close out the game grinding.

Nostradamus almost.

So no, I didn't worry about the Panthers too much as long as we came out to do what we are capable of
I heard Cam Newton was a great basketball player

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

If you watch even more of that play you see Cam on the ground giving a little fist pump. I think he believed it was a 15 yard penalty and he got a first down by his acting.
Cam needs to work on his flop! Terribly unconvincing!
Originally posted by SportsFan:

If you watch even more of that play you see Cam on the ground giving a little fist pump. I think he believed it was a 15 yard penalty and he got a first down by his acting.

lol what a bum. The only way he thought they could score inside the redzone.
from the tailgate

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I predicted 27-10 with Greg Olsen scoring their only td. I said the Niners would get two scores from their West coast passing attack and that Gore would close out the game grinding.

Nostradamus almost.

So no, I didn't worry about the Panthers too much as long as we came out to do what we are capable of

I now shall name you: NOSTRADALMOST!!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Ahmad Brooks did that when he was at Virginia and time

Almost did this twice

That is so hilarious. Look at our guys. Theyre all like WTF. I wonder if anyone else knew he was going to come flying in like Superman? Oh wait!
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Bowman 11 tackles and a sack
Willis 11 tackles and a pick
Brooks 6 tackles and 2.5 sacks

Wow

our lbs are unreal. if aldon didnt get that dwi all 4 would be pro bowlers

It's almost not fair to have the best four LBs in the game...all on one team! LOL...people are beginning to appreciate Brooks and Aldon is being tackled by double teams...if they ever start calling the holding he might set a sack record...if he can stay on the field that is!
Ahmad Brooks did that when he was at Virginia and time

Almost did this twice

Great find! The only other players I have seen do that are Troy Polamalu and Lavar Arrington