LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 384 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Divisional Round)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Their team are the ones that were overly chippy today. Not ours. They were out there making STUPID ass penalties after the whistle, trying to bully us around like we were weaklings. Really dumb on their part, and the Panthers deserved to lose. It happens.

On to Seattle, looking forward to ruining their season too.

Panther fans... GO HOME.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
4 Bad Calls

• Defenseless Receiver on VD +15 yds to Niners
  • No call on 12 men on field + 5 yds to Carolina
  • Roughing the passers on Skuta +15 yds to Carolina
  • No call on Boldin for head butting +15 to Carolina

It's reasonable for Panther fans to be upset, but the better team won. The refs didn't keep them for scoring a TD on 8 snaps inside the 2 yd line !

A hit like that on a receiver gets called everytime.

The ref that didn't call the 12 men in the huddle said he saw the12 men, but didn't throw the flag because the ball was not in play yet, so technically, it wasn't a penalty.

The head butt on the panthers player should've never been called. it's stupid.
Joe Person ‏@josephperson 8m
Panthers close locker room with many players getting choked up, Cam included.

We'd be saying the same thing if we'd lost. We all hate it when our teams lose and try to make excuses.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
4 Bad Calls

• Defenseless Receiver on VD +15 yds to Niners
  • No call on 12 men on field + 5 yds to Carolina
  • Roughing the passers on Skuta +15 yds to Carolina
  • No call on Boldin for head butting +15 to Carolina

It's reasonable for Panther fans to be upset, but the better team won. The refs didn't keep them for scoring a TD on 8 snaps inside the 2 yd line !

there were bad calls the other way too. The roughing the passer call on Cam that negated a huge sack was one of the worst I have seen in a long time.
We got a few calls that were questionable. But it did not cost them the game. All the questionable calls were in the first half.
It makes me sick Kaepernick is now my most hated player I hope the Seahawks break his legs...
Dumbass rednecks, lol.
Originally posted by trogdor:
We'd be saying the same thing if we'd lost. We all hate it when our teams lose and try to make excuses.
Exactly. Look at how poorly 30% of this board handled the Super Bowl loss. "CONSPIRACY', "RIGGED", etc...

Bad calls happen every game, and I think we had more in our favor this game (for example, Carolina was called for a headbutt on the first drive of the game, but Boldin did the same thing after picking up a first down and there was no call). Now, that said, San Francisco won convincingly, so I think it's ridiculous to blame the refs when you lost by 13 points.

Anyway, people complain about the refs after nearly every loss. We'd be doing it too (again, look at the Super Bowl). And just because a handful of fans on that board are complaining doesn't mean that are Panthers fans are sore losers.

I'm confused... outside of the Q non-call and then 12 men.. How did we get all the calls? Even if we don't score after the 12 man.. we still beat them by 9.
Originally posted by Liono:
Jesus, get a load of these Panther fans, they believe they are the better team and that the refs cheated them out of the game. http://www.carolinahuddle.com

Seriously, what are they talking about? I saw one really bad call today, and it was the PF on Dan Skuta, the the PF they called for the hit on Davis was questionable: I'd have to see it again, but it did look like a cheap shot after the play. If the ball where in Davis chest, I'd agree it was a BS call. But even with that, it cancels out with what they gave to the Panthers.

Because anyone watching at home would come away from that game thinking that with how Aikman called the game. Anyone who wasn't a 49er fan I mean.

1st- Acting like it was BS to call the Panthers for unnecessary roughness for blindsiding VD when the ball was already on the ground and a dead ball.
2nd- Crying that Carolina was called for headbutting when away from the ball that panthers guy headbutted Crabtree
3rd- Crying that Boldin didn't get called for his face bump which was "similar", the last shot of the half before FOX's halftime show was a slowmotion replay of Boldin's facebump
4th- Coming back from the Half and showing the 12 men in the huddle that the refs missed
5th- Aikman laughed off the Kuechly PI as no big deal so I bet they feel that the next PI called against the guy covering Boldin should have been let go too... "let them play"

Aikman made a HUGE deal about all of these calls and just went on rants about how unfair it was that those calls went the 49ers way. Aikman really painted the picture that the refs were giving the game to the 49ers. So they probably feel like the Skuta penalty was just a fair makeup penalty.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Rivera after the game:

"Everybody was emotional and upset, and rightfully so," he said of the scene in the locker room after the season-ending loss. "But I told guys as soon as they got in here, remember this feeling, that team. Remember this feeling and that team we just played because we will see them again and it's not going to be sweet."

Yeah, b***hazz, it ain't going to be sweet because we're going to destroy you foos the 2nd time around -- it's going to be a worse beating than the one we gave you today!

I wonder if Tolbert still thinks they beat better teams than us. Punk asses had that beating coming after thinking they were hot s**t when they beat us in regular season
Originally posted by zillabeast:

What a milk drinker....

@joeperson

Rivera heard screaming at players for being emotional. Sounds absolutely indignant. Said we hoped San Fran would play bad, they didn't. Players should just accept it. It was a good ride but they did have Joe Montana 3 decades ago after all and we just didn't get lucky
Share 49ersWebzone