There are 302 users in the forums

Credit to Green Bay

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It is good to let them play a bit, but you have to throw the flag on fouls that actually affect the play.

Green Bay is a class organization, were missing key players, several more were hurt, yet they played very well and gave a better Niner team all it could handle.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think if we get a solid center in the draft, we'll be fine.

Hopefully you are right, but that won't help us this year. I think they are better individually than they are as a group, perhaps due to bad coaching.
Originally posted by scoot12:
Packers fan here, congrats to the niners, I just posted on another post and got slammed. All I said was the refs where letting the players play, there where plays my buddy was saying the niners where holding and no call, I told him it goes both ways, you could call holding on about every play. Surprised it was that close, I am not a troll just congrats and good luck at Carolina. Scott

Blatant holding almost always gets called. It didn't today and the Packers did plenty of it. The 3rd down play that Rodgers escaped was a joke. He was sacked and they had to cheat to escape it. I'm sure the refs missed a few calls against the Niners, but nothing on the level of what the Packers got away with.

You can say they missed calls on both sides, just realize your team took advantage and benefitted from these refs on a far larger scale than we did.

This isn't Green Bay's fault, obviously.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Jan 5, 2014 at 5:36 PM ]
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Today, they made me wonder if they were same team we've faced before.

Very hard fought, had my checking my pulse regularly.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
They fought hard and didn't fold the way I expected.

Great game.

More like we didn't capitalize on our opportunities, imo. We dominated the whole first half. Should of had 14, not 6.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by HERN:
Very happy with the win but we can keep missing redzone opportunities.

This x100.... We have to make touchdowns and not field goals when we get in the redzone.

Thats why we need to draft davante Adams. Redzone monster.
Originally posted by scoot12:
Packers fan here, congrats to the niners, I just posted on another post and got slammed. All I said was the refs where letting the players play, there where plays my buddy was saying the niners where holding and no call, I told him it goes both ways, you could call holding on about every play. Surprised it was that close, I am not a troll just congrats and good luck at Carolina. Scott

It was nice to see the refs let em play, that was a hard fought game.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Glad it was over. Hats off to the Pack faithful. I still hope to go to a game someday in the winter in Lambeau. Best of luck to you next season.

FP
Originally posted by Empire49:
Blatant holding almost always gets called. It didn't today and the Packers did plenty of it. The 3rd down play that Rodgers escaped was a joke. He was sacked and they had to cheat to escape it. I'm sure the refs missed a few calls against the Niners, but nothing on the level of what the Packers got away with.

You can say they missed calls on both sides, just realize your team took advantage and benefitted from these refs on a far larger scale than we did.

This isn't Green Bay's fault, obviously.

That non holding call sucked, but we won so I'm not going to dwell on it, onward and upward b***hes!
Fk that sht hole

This x100.... We have to make touchdowns and not field goals when we get in the redzone.

Have you guys even been reading this thread? Crabtree was held in the end zone in each of the first two drives.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Have you guys even been reading this thread? Crabtree was held in the end zone in each of the first two drives.

They don't read..only post
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Refs get some of that credit.
Hats off to them, but we gritted out a win playoff style. Great momentum going into two additional tough road games.
The reffing really wasn't THAT bad, please. That's about as good as you can hope for in the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone