There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Passing Game Offense in Sub-Zero Weather

you guys didnt hear?

cold weather is gonna be playing line backer in place of clay matthews and may also go on offense and line up in the slot from time to time. *rolls eyes*

im sick of all this cold weather talk... lets play some g*ddamn football.
[ Edited by VancouverNiner on Jan 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I always thought that bad conditions hurt the offense more. It is hard to have a passing attack based on timing when your WR can slip at any time. Sure, it also hurts the defense as well, but they will probably play zone to minimize it. That is why running the ball can be so effective in bad weather. It is less affected by the conditions.
I want to see double digit play drives that just chew up the clock. Rodgers has gotten his yards against us and he'll likely do it again but he doesn't get wins. I'll make that trade very day.
Don't worry, we're going to activate Marcus Cooper...oh...wait.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Does he know in today's nfl the balls are kept warm to a certain degree and the field is not ice because it is not hockey or the nhl
Originally posted by MarkD:
Does he know in today's nfl the balls are kept warm to a certain degree and the field is not ice because it is not hockey or the nhl

even if they were, they'd be frozen by the time they snapped it.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by MarkD:

even if they were, they'd be frozen by the time they snapped it.

I live 20 minutes south of Greenbay. It isn't that cold to freeze a football solid
greenbay has coils under the field to defrost it, that field is gonna look like s**t and be slippery as f**k. i think itll be a high scoring game with a few turnovers on both sides. offensive players will make quick cuts and that will make it hard for defenses to stop if they have no traction. its slippery for both but the offensive player knows when the cut is coming, the defense doesnt. i think its gonna be a messy one if its snowy/melted ice
Heard say that in one "ice bowl " type game a while back the kicker had a big bruise on his impact foot, the result of kicking a ball that was basically frozen and was as hard as a brick. The best thing to bear in mind IMO is the old adage " that both teams have to play in those conditions"
Originally posted by NCommand:

He did a lot for the Chiefs today.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Not only a misnomer but also redundant. Tundra is already frozen.

Tundra is just grasslands in the arctic (or antarctic). It is often frozen but is not frozen in the summer
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If Favre were still the QB for Packers and with Kap in the game, there would be 2 or 3 (healthy) WRs left after the game... both of them threw / throw unnecessary rockets at 1000 MPH for no reason (at times)... hella fingers gonna crack off in this weather!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Glad we kept the right rookie CB (D. Morris)...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
greenbay has coils under the field to defrost it, that field is gonna look like s**t and be slippery as f**k. i think itll be a high scoring game with a few turnovers on both sides. offensive players will make quick cuts and that will make it hard for defenses to stop if they have no traction. its slippery for both but the offensive player knows when the cut is coming, the defense doesnt. i think its gonna be a messy one if its snowy/melted ice

Good to know Im 100% confident in our pass O other then the over the shoulder to V.Davis. because he will have to actually catch with his hands, other then that Boldin, Crabs, can all CIT!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Glad we kept the right rookie CB (D. Morris)...

I liked both of them, makes me think the 9ers are good at eyeing good late round Dbs, Brock, Morris and Cooper