There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Views from Titletown

Hey err'body,

Right, to business.

1) We are the underdogs. McCarthy et al are 0-3 vs. the recent incarnation of the Niners and top to bottom, are the better team.
2) Our defense is atrocious. Players are routinely out of position and missing assignments. However, if the Niners do not play mistake free offense, i.e. an interception here, a fumble there, it will make for some very interesting viewing considering how well the Pack do at generating points from turnovers.
3) Lacy/Starks will be expected to shoulder a workload. This isn't the same team the Niners played in week 1. In some ways, it's better (the run game), in others, it's worse (our run defense)
4) Kaep is the single, biggest worry. Dom "Comedy" Capers simply hasn't an answer yet. If we can keep him contained, stay stout against the run, the complexion of the game changes
5) Having Randall Cobb back is a massive relief, one of the things you gain from watching your team every year, minimum 16 regular season games is the appreciation of your own, and Randall Cobb is a serious threat. Nelson is also a big time player.
6) Our defensive line is a shambles. B.J Raji has been absolutely horrible this year, Jolly is injured, Pickett is a fatass and the younger talent we have do not seem suited to our 3-4 scheme. We'll have to be creative to find ways to get to the Quarterback and maintain gap control.
7) It's going to be blizzard like.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Nice to see a fan who lives in the real world and isn't delusional. Too many fans of teams are blind homers. There are plenty of those type in here.
Nice, welcome. IIRC, your rotation at NT more than contained our inside run game. You have some wide bodies in there...so yeah, we may be forced to air it out again with a little less concern for the pass rush this game.
Originally posted by BobS:
Nice to see a fan who lives in the real world and isn't delusional. Too many fans of teams are blind homers. There are plenty of those type in here.

I don't get it either. My green and gold tinted glasses are gathering dust these days :-)

That being said, Aaron Rodgers can single-handedly win a game. He can have a god-mode day (Falcons, 2010 Superbowl year), and there isn't anything anyone can do about it.

Coming off a major collarbone injury, it isn't likely though. He looked a little rusty against Da Bears and was picked off in the endzone.

One does not simply pick Aaron Rodgers off in the end zone (4 for his career).
  • buck
  • Veteran
My worry is that beating a team 4 times in a row is not an easy thing to do.

Well, at least I do not believe it is.
I'm wishing the game was on Saturday. 30+ degrees vs anywhere from between 2 to 6 degrees.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Originally posted by buck:
My worry is that beating a team 4 times in a row is not an easy thing to do.

Well, at least I do not believe it is.

Worked for the Packers in the 90s.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice, welcome. IIRC, your rotation at NT more than contained our inside run game. You have some wide bodies in there...so yeah, we may be forced to air it out again with a little less concern for the pass rush this game.

Ah, but there has been a MASSIVE decline in our DL play as the season has progressed. NT is such a soft spot. Raji is almost certainly out of the door in this, his contract year, Pickett isn't getting it done and our young un', Boyd, has talent but isn't experienced enough.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no blizzard , just cold like it is in iowa, i do not think it will be snowing but it will be 10 below. if the niners are the elite team we think they are, they will over come the weather. now if the packers had john brockington and mcarther lane then i would be worried( like to go old school with the opposing fans) niners must pass rush and hope that our offensive coordinator does not help the packers to much. his infamous 30 second drives would be a huge boost to a below average packers defense
Originally posted by cciowa:
no blizzard , just cold like it is in iowa, i do not think it will be snowing but it will be 10 below. if the niners are the elite team we think they are, they will over come the weather. now if the packers had john brockington and mcarther lane then i would be worried( like to go old school with the opposing fans) niners must pass rush and hope that our offensive coordinator does not help the packers to much. his infamous 30 second drives would be a huge boost to a below average packers defense

LOVE it.

Buckeye Brockington!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Originally posted by cciowa:

LOVE it.

Buckeye Brockington!
that 1972 team was a helluva team with that rushing attack, great defense but you had scott hunter at qb

Ah, but there has been a MASSIVE decline in our DL play as the season has progressed. NT is such a soft spot. Raji is almost certainly out of the door in this, his contract year, Pickett isn't getting it done and our young un', Boyd, has talent but isn't experienced enough.

Good to know...may want to grind it out and keep Rodgers freezing on the sidelines.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Good to know...may want to grind it out and keep Rodgers freezing on the sidelines.

hopefully roman knows the best defense could be a good ball control run heavy offense vs a team that does not defend the run well. that is alot of hoping
Eddie Lacy - I LOVE the way he runs, with that style, he would be a hell of an ironman should he last 7 plus years. The effort is astounding, it's the single minded approach and the disregard for his body.

Lol, I think he would be appreciated by the niners. Dude just doesn't take a play off or take an easy option.
Eddie Lacy - I LOVE the way he runs, with that style, he would be a hell of an ironman should he last 7 plus years. The effort is astounding, it's the single minded approach and the disregard for his body.

Lol, I think he would be appreciated by the niners. Dude just doesn't take a play off or take an easy option.