LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Jim Tomsula

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Why would anyone on the pro level hire him as the HC ?

Because he's been a damn successful defensive line coach for a long time. Highly respected, smart guy, experience being a head coach previously in NFL Europe. Other coaches have been hired with less of a resume than him.

I think he was talking about Roman
If both Tomsula and possibly Donatell are both gone next year but Roman and Morton are still here, I think I'm gonna lose it.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Because he's been a damn successful defensive line coach for a long time. Highly respected, smart guy, experience being a head coach previously in NFL Europe. Other coaches have been hired with less of a resume than him.

I think he was talking about Roman

No he's saying it about Tomsula. Look at the quote string...

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3922/source-jim-tomsula-could-get-head-coach-looks

NOOOO!! Take Roman instead!

This, f**k. Tomsula is one of those guys I don't want to EVER leave the 49ers, like EVER EVER. That said, there were rumors about interest in him last season. Like I said in the other thread, Tomsula has a better chance of being a HC than Fangio does. Tomsula is just more outgoing, fiery, a natural leader, would likely be a good head coach I imagine.

Agreed. I want Tomsula to be a niner forever. He's such a good Dline coach. I'll be worried about our Dline if he leaves.

An earlier poster bolded Roman's name. Tomsula will be HC within 2 years IMO.

as that very ESPN articles notes there have been notable HCs that were only positional coaches prior to being hired such as Andy Reid and to a certain extent John Harbaugh who was a special teams coordinator/DB coach prior to the Ravens hiring him.
Tomsula and Rathman are superb at what they do. Doesn't mean they would succeed as head coaches. Hope we keep them.

Yep, and he's undefeated as an NFl HC
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

No I'm talking about tomsula

These franchises just fired their experiment HC prospects and you think they would hire a position coach ?

I love the guy but these franchises want HC/coordinators
  • buck
  • Veteran

This is true, but I would not panic--at least not yet.

If I read the article correctly there is a report, whatever that means, that some teams are "beginning to do background work on defensive line coach Jim."
This is a rumor. Just like harbaugh to texas. Harbaugh isn't gonig to leave. He's likely going ot get an extension and more money. Tomsula I think is happy where he is at. Beat writers gotta beat something.
Long term this really blows. Only a Super Bowl would make up for this potential loss.
Not only is he a great motivator but he is a hellavua coach and he is undefeated as a head coach in the NFL. He was the main reason Okoye piccked us over other teams and offers. TJE is looking great and Glen Dorsey has been playing his best ball he has since college. I hope coach Tomsula sticks for a while.

He may get looks but i doubt that someone will hire him as a HC

As a coordinator, doe.
Its been inevitable for a while. Im actually quite shocked he hasn't gotten a coordinator shot yet.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
It wouldn't have anything to do with the top NT on IR, McDonald played with a torn biceps, Justin Smith getting older, would it? Comments like this sound plain ignorant in light of the way guys like TJE have looked this season and RJF looked last season. Undrafted guys coming in and making plays, being useful parts of the rotation. Tomsula has been nothing short of outstanding.

Hey man. Just trying to be positive...

Jim Tomsula is one of the best DL coaches in the NFL. Our pass rush not being able to get sacks the last couple weeks is a ridiculous reason to be ok with Tomsula leaving.

Dont disrespect the winningest coach in 49ers history.
I wish coaching staffs would stay together long term. A big part of why the Steelers have been able to be competitive for so long without needing to rebuild is because Dick LeBeau turns down coaching offers. Same with Jim Johnson back with Philly.

It would be nice if Harbaugh's staff decided to stick together and try to make something special of this team. Obviously turning down promotions is hard, but it sucks when you see good coordinators take head coaching jobs that clearly put them in over their heads, and they end up failing.

I think were safe with Fangio. I believe he has expressed in the past that being a head coach wasnt for him. I like when guys like him know their limits.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

No I'm talking about tomsula

These franchises just fired their experiment HC prospects and you think they would hire a position coach ?

I love the guy but these franchises want HC/coordinators

lol
Share 49ersWebzone