LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Jim Tomsula

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3922/source-jim-tomsula-could-get-head-coach-looks

NOOOO!! Take Roman instead!
Well... Our D-line has had some trouble with pass rush lately...
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3922/source-jim-tomsula-could-get-head-coach-looks

This, f**k. Tomsula is one of those guys I don't want to EVER leave the 49ers, like EVER EVER. That said, there were rumors about interest in him last season. Like I said in the other thread, Tomsula has a better chance of being a HC than Fangio does. Tomsula is just more outgoing, fiery, a natural leader, would likely be a good head coach I imagine.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Well... Our D-line has had some trouble with pass rush lately...

It wouldn't have anything to do with the top NT on IR, McDonald playing with a torn biceps, Justin Smith getting older, would it? Comments like this sound plain ignorant in light of the way guys like TJE have looked this season and RJF looked last season. Undrafted guys coming in and making plays, being useful parts of the rotation. Tomsula has been nothing short of outstanding.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It wouldn't have anything to do with the top NT on IR, McDonald played with a torn biceps, Justin Smith getting older, would it? Comments like this sound plain ignorant in light of the way guys like TJE have looked this season and RJF looked last season. Undrafted guys coming in and making plays, being useful parts of the rotation. Tomsula has been nothing short of outstanding.

Hey man. Just trying to be positive...
We better be going to New Jersey so he doesn't get a chance for an interview.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We better be going to New Jersey so he doesn't get a chance for an interview.

This....all the more reason to keep winning games.
This would be an unmitigated disaster.

This, f**k. Tomsula is one of those guys I don't want to EVER leave the 49ers, like EVER EVER. That said, there were rumors about interest in him last season. Like I said in the other thread, Tomsula has a better chance of being a HC than Fangio does. Tomsula is just more outgoing, fiery, a natural leader, would likely be a good head coach I imagine.

Agreed. I want Tomsula to be a niner forever. He's such a good Dline coach. I'll be worried about our Dline if he leaves.

Agreed. I want Tomsula to be a niner forever. He's such a good Dline coach. I'll be worried about our Dline if he leaves.

Why would anyone on the pro level hire him as the HC ?

He ain't going nowhere
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
He ain't going nowhere

This! I hope not. He ain't finished with Okoye and Tank yet!
We need to make him one of the highest paid positional coaches in the league and hope he sticks around. I was hoping he'd be a long-time coach with us a la Bobb McKittrick.
biggest calves on the field, including the players
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Why would anyone on the pro level hire him as the HC ?

Because he's been a damn successful defensive line coach for a long time. Highly respected, smart guy, experience being a head coach previously in NFL Europe. Other coaches have been hired with less of a resume than him.
Share 49ersWebzone