While I was frustrated at times, he did have the second best statistical day of the season. He did drive them down the field TWICE at the end of the game to kick a possible game winner. While many still love to be critical of him, his QB ratings over the last 6 games have been 134.6, 111.5, 67.5, 108.8, 108.6, and 111.2. In that span, he's thrown 10 TDs and 1 INT. Its not like its been against bad defenses either. Seahawks (tho that was the 67.5 rating), Cards, Rams, and Bucs are all some of the better defenses in the NFL.
In fact...Kap throwing the ball wasn't really my frustration at all in watching this game.
2) Roman: I've defended Roman quite a bit this year. He actually did make some really good calls yesterday particularly early in the game....but there were times that I wanted to throw something at the TV. What the hell is going through his head on 3rd and 1? Best Run D in the NFL is stuffing you over and over and you run WIDE with your biggest, slowest RB? I understand sticking with the running game because you might pop one late and you need to force them to respect it for play action to work, but over and over on 3rd and 1? They would pass the ball to great success and then just kill drives by running it on back to back downs.
3) Boldin: Please resign this guy. Stat. Ozzie Newsome? You are a moron. A big reason why the 49ers are playing in January and the Ravens are not is that trade. Anquan eclipsed his best season in Baltimore by 258 yards. In fact, to find a season comparable in his career you have to go all the way back to 2006, his 4th year in the league. The guy still has a lot in the tank. Bring him back.
4) Patton: REALLY nice to see someone other than Boldin, Vernon, or Crab contribute. Seems kinda tentative out there to me, but that's to be expected. He delivered when it counted and he made a huge block on the long Boldin reception. Way to go kid.
5) Pass Rush: Dunno what's happened over the last few weeks, but its slowed to a crawl. Guys are healthy so I'm pretty sure it will return...just not sure what the issue is. I can say that any attack on Aldon is unfounded as I watched him in particular and while he did seem to tire, he was also double and triple teamed most of the time. He still got some hits on the QB despite all the attention.
6) Pass D: Honestly, I think at some point in games, the pass D just kinda shuts down. They get a big lead and they think they have it won and just kinda shut down. Then, once the team starts making a run, they have trouble starting it back up again. I'd expect Rodgers to put up his numbers as he always does, but the 49ers have been able to pull off wins despite Rodgers being Rodgers. Stopping the Run is my concern.
7) Bowman: What more can I say? Damn glad to have him.
8) Crab: I like Crab a lot and I want him to resign...but I really need him to stop with all of the frustrated gestures when he doesn't get the ball. I'm not saying he shouldn't be frustrated. I just think it doesn't help anyone for him to constantly throw his arms in the air and pout every time he thinks he's open. It's getting kinda old.
9) NFC West: 42-22. Wow. NFC West ain't no joke. The 4 teams in the NFC West AVERAGED 10.5 wins. Crazy.
10) Here we are again: Sigh. Green Bay. Again. I know we've beaten Aaron Rodgers 3 times in a row now, but at some point this guy is going to put the S on his chest and beat us. I just hope it won't be this week. Green Bay is the team I least wanted to face in the Wild Card Round. At least we won't see Clay Matthews.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 30, 2013 at 11:29 AM ]