There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by crabman82:
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop7m
At USC, sources tell us 49ers offensive line coach Tim Drevno will be the new OL coach at USC following 49ers season http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop ;

Adios amigo

Solari can handle the line by himself.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Dec 31, 2013 at 12:02 AM ]
If GRo does get any interviews I see Vikings or Texans as the best fits. When AP and Foster are healthy they're 2 of top 5 backs in the league. They only need game manager QBs to work with Roman.
I've never been super impressed with the job John Morton has done with the wideouts. Wouldn't mind seeing him leave. George Stewart is now available after the purge in Minnesota.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If GRo does get any interviews I see Vikings or Texans as the best fits. When AP and Foster are healthy they're 2 of top 5 backs in the league. They only need game manager QBs to work with Roman.

No Lions?
Good. I am glad. We have use wisdom our 49ers fans that better much. We better let roman is head coach.. Yeah yeah.. We wont let lost our DC assist and else too.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by crabman82:
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop7m
At USC, sources tell us 49ers offensive line coach Tim Drevno will be the new OL coach at USC following 49ers season http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop ;

Adios amigo

Who?
I remember when we had McCarthy and GB took him. We all laughed at them. Wouldn't surprise me if Roman was the same way.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If GRo does get any interviews I see Vikings or Texans as the best fits. When AP and Foster are healthy they're 2 of top 5 backs in the league. They only need game manager QBs to work with Roman.

I could see him going to the Texans but the Vikings are a train wreck. BAD secondary. LBs are weak. Allen's contract is up and will likely leave. No QB. AP and Toby Gerheart are a plus but that is all there is.
Originally posted by kingairta:
I remember when we had McCarthy and GB took him. We all laughed at them. Wouldn't surprise me if Roman was the same way.

McCarthy had s**t to work with in SF, did anyone really expect him to do anything with that offense? In GB he inherited a HOF qb with a young talented qb to learn from one of the greatest with a talented offense and look what he did. If a smart organization like the packers hired McCarthy coming from such a garbage offense it tells you he's possibly the real deal, roman showed a lot of great things when Kaep took over but this year I don't know wtf he's doing, all that will change and he's guaranteed gone if the offense explodes once again in the playoffs during a deep run. Teams will be stupid not to wait until after the sb if we get there to talk to him.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by kingairta:
I remember when we had McCarthy and GB took him. We all laughed at them. Wouldn't surprise me if Roman was the same way.

McCarthy had s**t to work with in SF, did anyone really expect him to do anything with that offense? In GB he inherited a HOF qb with a young talented qb to learn from one of the greatest with a talented offense and look what he did. If a smart organization like the packers hired McCarthy coming from such a garbage offense it tells you he's possibly the real deal, roman showed a lot of great things when Kaep took over but this year I don't know wtf he's doing, all that will change and he's guaranteed gone if the offense explodes once again in the playoffs during a deep run. Teams will be stupid not to wait until after the sb if we get there to talk to him.

IMO, the McCarthy situation differed from where Roman is in that McCarthy under defensive-minded Mike Nolan clearly had full control of the offensive design and play calling. Though McCarthy had a very limited talent level with which to work, he showed a good overall grasp of what the WCO was all about. He wasn't able to consistently demonstrate it but he showed a good understanding.

Roman, OTOH, is working for a very strong-willed offensive-minded coach who is well known for being very involved in every phase of the offense from OTAs to game day. He is even out throwing passes in team drills. Consequently, there will remain questions as to who Roman is and what is his understanding of the offense and how much of it is just a mirror of what Harbaugh imposes on him and how much is his own stuff. Is he the guy we see from game to game, or is he, can he be, someone else? In a passing league such as we now see, teams will most likely be looking for someone who can put a dynamic passing offense on the field. We have not yet seen that from Roman. He is a mirror of Harbaugh.

Last year Roman was frequently mentioned by writers as someone who would be a good HC but he got very little real interest. Perhaps it is that teams see him as just carrying the water for Harbaugh and have little depth of his own. I don't know the answer to that but it is the price one pays when they work for someone who maintains such tight control over what goes on.
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If GRo does get any interviews I see Vikings or Texans as the best fits. When AP and Foster are healthy they're 2 of top 5 backs in the league. They only need game manager QBs to work with Roman.

No Lions?

Yes, the Lions also. Their offensive talent is too good to suck that much. Consider Wash. another suitor and BTW Texans are eliminated from HC search. O'Brien from Penn St.
There is also the possobility of Roman leaving for a HC gig in the college ranks. I just don't want to see JT leave.

Like someone mentioned let Morton leave, not impressed with the job he has done with WR.
Now just waiting word on Tomsula
Originally posted by dj43:
IMO, the McCarthy situation differed from where Roman is in that McCarthy under defensive-minded Mike Nolan clearly had full control of the offensive design and play calling. Though McCarthy had a very limited talent level with which to work, he showed a good overall grasp of what the WCO was all about. He wasn't able to consistently demonstrate it but he showed a good understanding.

Roman, OTOH, is working for a very strong-willed offensive-minded coach who is well known for being very involved in every phase of the offense from OTAs to game day. He is even out throwing passes in team drills. Consequently, there will remain questions as to who Roman is and what is his understanding of the offense and how much of it is just a mirror of what Harbaugh imposes on him and how much is his own stuff. Is he the guy we see from game to game, or is he, can he be, someone else? In a passing league such as we now see, teams will most likely be looking for someone who can put a dynamic passing offense on the field. We have not yet seen that from Roman. He is a mirror of Harbaugh.

Last year Roman was frequently mentioned by writers as someone who would be a good HC but he got very little real interest. Perhaps it is that teams see him as just carrying the water for Harbaugh and have little depth of his own. I don't know the answer to that but it is the price one pays when they work for someone who maintains such tight control over what goes on.

Great post! Therein lies the problem...we are we?
Originally posted by kingairta:
I remember when we had McCarthy and GB took him. We all laughed at them. Wouldn't surprise me if Roman was the same way.

Without Rodgers, we'd all still be laughing. I've never bought into the hype about him being some master coaching guru. He's certainly a good coach, but having the top QB in the NFL doesn't hurt at all.