There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami Eric Mangini, team offensive consultant this season, likely will move to a position-coach role w/49ers in 2014. Not clear which position.

On Donatell... RT @CamInman His contract was to expire at season's end. He told me planned on staying. No DCs jobs open right now

Donatell better stay. All our corners and safeties have performed well under his tutelage.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 22, 2014 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami Eric Mangini, team offensive consultant this season, likely will move to a position-coach role w/49ers in 2014. Not clear which position.

On Donatell... RT @CamInman His contract was to expire at season's end. He told me planned on staying. No DCs jobs open right now

Donatell better stay. All our corners and safeties have performed well under his tutelage.

And the squad is developing ....

Defense knows how to develop their talent.

The offense? Pfffffffff.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
That pretty much says it all right there. Ravens o coordinator gets a job. Seattle and Denver coordinators both got jobs last year. Folks still looking into Josh McDaniels and OBrien got Texans job. And Cleveland just got shut down from Denver's o coordinator and are now still looking at Seattle's d coordinator. Seattle could have 2 d coordinators get head cocaching jobs 2 years in a row. Niners have no hires. I can't ever recall a team being this good for 3 years in a row and nobody getting a shot elsewhere. I mean Vanderbilt didn't even waste time gvivng Roman another look and went with the guy from Stanford.
A lot of what you are attributing to a lack of interest in Roman and/or 49ers assistants is for different reasons.

The Texans didn't have to wait to talk to O'Brien. Seattle and Denver's coordinators were available to be hired after the division round of the playoffs.

Vanderbilt didn't want to wait for Roman (or any other NFL coach) to be available with recruiting class in limbo.

Beyond that, while success as a coordinator will put a coach on someone's radar, it is not necessarily the determining factor...Recall how the 49ers under Nolan kept lost McCarthy despite ranking at the bottom of the league in offense and lost Turner while still averaging less than 200 yards per game passing.

Given that all of the HC jobs except the Browns were filled before the Championship games, it is pretty clear that in today's NFL, teams do not want to wait too long for other teams' assistant coaches to become available. Even as to Quinn, the Browns were the only team possibly willing to wait for the coordinator of the #1 ranked defense in the league this season.

Seems pretty clear that Harbaugh has managed to keep his coaching staff mostly intact over 3 years largely because every year the 49ers have gone deep into the playoffs.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Hello? Who is this? Greg Roman? Yeeeaaahhh.... how did you get this number? Jed? That was thoughtful. We'll call you maybe next week or so if we feel there's an appropriate opening. Thanks. Bye.

LOL!!!
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yeah not sure which defensive spot he could take since all our defensive coaches are top notch and should stay. Fangio, Tomsula, Donatell/Jackson, Jim Leavitt.

If anything we should be looking to possibly replace our offensive coaches. Possibly OC, maybe OL and we need an OL assistant. TE coach seems to be doing ok, WR could be upgraded IMO but Morton might have bought another year with Boldin saving his butt although he hasn't done much with the rest of our WRs these past 3 years (not including Crabtree who was good when he got here). I don't know has Mangini ever coached OL or WR? I know he has done other offensive assistant work but not sure he ever coached any offensive positions.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 22, 2014 at 7:52 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Former NFL head coach Eric Mangini, who served as 49ers senior offensive consultant this season, was considered for a move to quarterbacks coach, sources told CSNBayArea.com on Wednesday.

One source said moving Mangini to quarterbacks coach and promoting quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst to offensive coordinator was an option for coach Jim Harbaugh's reshuffling of the coaching staff if the 49ers lost offensive coordinator Greg Roman. The source said he does not believe Harbaugh plans to make any changes.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/sources-mangini-considered-qbs-coach
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Former NFL head coach Eric Mangini, who served as 49ers senior offensive consultant this season, was considered for a move to quarterbacks coach, sources told CSNBayArea.com on Wednesday.

One source said moving Mangini to quarterbacks coach and promoting quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst to offensive coordinator was an option for coach Jim Harbaugh's reshuffling of the coaching staff if the 49ers lost offensive coordinator Greg Roman. The source said he does not believe Harbaugh plans to make any changes.

dear lord. I'm not sure what to think of this......
Originally posted by sfout:

Sounds like inside the bubble group-think.

I'm just going to say this .....

Harbaugh has the potential to be a great coach and it would seem he has the potential to be closed minded that he can't truly evaluate the problem.
Kubiak, Linehan, or Hue Jackson are all good offensive coordinators. Linehan guided Detroit to a top-six finish on offense the past three seasons, Kubiak has been good and Hue Jackson was good in Oakland.
[ Edited by maxsmart on Jan 23, 2014 at 2:44 AM ]
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Kubiak, Linehan, or Hue Jackson are all good offensive coordinators. Linehan guided Detroit to a top-six finish on offense the past three seasons, Kubiak has been good and Hue Jackson was good in Oakland.

Megatron will do that to you
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by sfout:

Sounds like inside the bubble group-think.

I'm just going to say this .....

Harbaugh has the potential to be a great coach and it would seem he has the potential to be closed minded that he can't truly evaluate the problem.

for the life of me I can't understand this at all. BUT I have seen times where guys coach positions that seem to make no sense based on their experience. Personally, I'd like to see Jeff Garcia hired to work with the QBs.
Keep all the coaches around for one more year. Treat Kap like a kid with divorced parents, he spends half the off season with Joe, the other half with Steve. And make all the WR's live with Jerry and run the god damn hill. We have HOF players willing to help, some of these current players need to accept the offer. You get Crabs one full offseason with Rice, he will make Sherman his prison b***h come next season.
so we lost 1 Oline coach and who else?

I know we lost that loser Wuff too

Mangini going to the qb coach sounds assbackward initially, but Mangini has the capacity to tell Kaep on the sideline what the defenses are trying to do to him may be a plus since Kaep needs to develop that sense on recognizing the defense from play to play and game to game.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Mangini going to the qb coach sounds assbackward initially, but Mangini has the capacity to tell Kaep on the sideline what the defenses are trying to do to him may be a plus since Kaep needs to develop that sense on recognizing the defense from play to play and game to game.
Good answer, good answer.

I'm going to keep my eye on you.