There are 229 users in the forums

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Kinda off topic but is it true that Roman wasn't with the team on Sunday; he was busying interviewing with teams?

That is what was reported.

I would have thought that every hour of time during the playoffs was gold for coaches and players, but I guess not.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Kinda off topic but is it true that Roman wasn't with the team on Sunday; he was busying interviewing with teams?

do you mean that he stayed behind and didn't fly home with the rest of the team? That is what was reported, must've been the Penn State interview since the Vikings say he hasn't interviewed him yet.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I would have thought that every hour of time during the playoffs was gold for coaches and players, but I guess not.

Looks like Roman has an interview with the Vikings today. Not sure I like the idea of our OC interviewing for a HC job just one day before a playoff game. This could be a big distraction for Roman.
[ Edited by SFrush on Jan 11, 2014 at 6:41 AM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
That dude should be working a game plan, wtf?
One consideration I have not seen discussed, sorry if I missed it, who might Roman take with him if he gets a job elsewhere? Are any of the other coaches closer to him than Harbaugh?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
One consideration I have not seen discussed, sorry if I missed it, who might Roman take with him if he gets a job elsewhere? Are any of the other coaches closer to him than Harbaugh?

There have been rumors of him taking Tomsula with him to be DC.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
There have been rumors of him taking Tomsula with him to be DC.

Bad move for Tomsula I believe but who knows? I think Tomsula is in a perfect place and they should be able to keep him happy here...pay him more and make him assistant DC?
There is absolutely NO excuse for any of our Coordinators interviewing for positions during our playoff run. Have some respect and loyalty for the current team that employs you. This team needs to be unified and together. We're are facing arguably the toughest front 7 and Roman is meeting with the Vikings!!!!!!! GTFO. Pathetic.
Originally posted by facestabber:
There is absolutely NO excuse for any of our Coordinators interviewing for positions during our playoff run. Have some respect and loyalty for the current team that employs you. This team needs to be unified and together. We're are facing arguably the toughest front 7 and Roman is meeting with the Vikings!!!!!!! GTFO. Pathetic.

Seems an over reaction without knowing all the facts--has Roman been told to interview elsewhere...or encouraged at least...because the team plans to move on from him? I really doubt Roman would be interviewing without team approval.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Looks like Roman has an interview with the Vikings today. Not sure I like the idea of our OC interviewing for a HC job just one day before a playoff game. This could be a big distraction for Roman.

Not really. Friday's/Saturdays are walkthrough days for the players or even rest. I'd rather it be today than on Wednesday or Thursday -- this way Roman can go show Spielman his power point, not miss actual game-planning preparation and come back, call the game and move on.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Having an interview a day before the panthers game is also odd to me.

For offensive coordinator next year, PROBLEM SOLVED.
Originally posted by Chief:

The game plan has been done for days. This is no big deal.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Chief:

The game plan has been done for days. This is no big deal.

thats what I said....Tomsula is also interviewing so people can also b***h about our DL not being prepared if they are so inclined.

the day before games are rest with a walkthrough in the stadium, if that, people need to chill. I bet most of these people saying it is a bad idea to interview are some of the people that want Roman gone. That can't happen if he doesn't interview and the day before a game is the next best day aside from the day after our last game.....and he interviewed at Penn State on Monday....
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM ]
Take Roman but not Tomsula! Love that guy
Share 49ersWebzone