There are 1,022 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Originally posted by WINiner:
Pretty sure you are not only wrong on this, but also that it is exactly what the Niners do. One of the Matts, and I believe it was Maiocco, reported that when a play needs to be called Roman calls a run play, Morton calls a pass play, Roman then decides which to use and then calls both down to Harbaugh who either agree's or not, and who also has the power to veto, but rarely does.

This is why we waste so much of the play clock pre snap and have sooo many delay's and TO's as a result of an expiring play clock.


If that is true, that is horrifying.
I think both are gone and maybe even Tomsula for a DC gig if he's not offered one here. I wouldn't give a fk if Roman left but fangio and tomsula are gonna hurt me right in the ticker.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I think both are gone and maybe even Tomsula for a DC gig if he's not offered one here. I wouldn't give a fk if Roman left but fangio and tomsula are gonna hurt me right in the ticker.

Losing Tomsula would be a huge blow. I worry about a guy like Tank Carradine developing if Tomsula leaves.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If that is true, that is horrifying.


Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Pretty sure you are not only wrong on this, but also that it is exactly what the Niners do. One of the Matts, and I believe it was Maiocco, reported that when a play needs to be called Roman calls a run play, Morton calls a pass play, Roman then decides which to use and then calls both down to Harbaugh who either agree's or not, and who also has the power to veto, but rarely does.

This is why we waste so much of the play clock pre snap and have sooo many delay's and TO's as a result of an expiring play clock.


If that is true, that is horrifying.

That's the way Harbaugh ran things at Stanford. Roman would call the run plays, David Shaw the passing plays and then I believe Harbaugh or Pep Hamilton decided on the final play call
If the Niners go to the Superbowl again, I doubt any of their assistants will be hired as head coaches. More than likely, teams won't want to wait for them, worried they might lose out on additional assistants to other teams building their coaching staffs. Could care less about Roman anyway, but would hate to lose Fangio and Tomsula, so I hope we keep winning. That said, I think the only owner that might be willing to wait, is probably Dan Snyder. Why would you want the 24th worst passing offense for your team, you ask? It's all about RGIII, and how Roman will make him play like Kaep. As if Roman has had anything to do with Kaep's development, but that's Snyder for ya, and that's why the Redskins will never be contenders so long as he's running things.
[ Edited by vermonator on Jan 9, 2014 at 5:59 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,699
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I think both are gone and maybe even Tomsula for a DC gig if he's not offered one here. I wouldn't give a fk if Roman left but fangio and tomsula are gonna hurt me right in the ticker.

I think both are staying. Too many other better candidates will get the job.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What did Wulff do on staff? No one every talked about him.


Team's senior offensive assistant--whatever that means.

Wulff's fault! On the front page it says Penn State no longer interested in Roman.
Originally posted by vermonator:
If the Niners go to the Superbowl again, I doubt any of their assistants will be hired as head coaches. More than likely, teams won't want to wait for them, worried they might lose out on additional assistants to other teams building their coaching staffs. Could care less about Roman anyway, but would hate to lose Fangio and Tomsula, so I hope we keep winning. That said, I think the only owner that might be willing to wait, is probably Dan Snyder. Why would you want the 24th worst passing offense for your team, you ask? It's all about RGIII, and how Roman will make him play like Kaep. As if Roman has had anything to do with Kaep's development, but that's Snyder for ya, and that's why the Redskins will never be contenders so long as he's running things.

Never mind, Snyder just hired Jay Gruden, who chose Dalton over Kaep... Nice!
So Redskins, Bucs, and Texans is out of the list.

That leaves Titans, Vikings, Lions and Browns.

Hopefully none of our coaches gets a HC job. Yeeessssss including Roman..
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I think both are gone and maybe even Tomsula for a DC gig if he's not offered one here. I wouldn't give a fk if Roman left but fangio and tomsula are gonna hurt me right in the ticker.

Yeah, Fangio's only interview for head coach just got cancelled. He's not going anywhere.
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
That's the way Harbaugh ran things at Stanford. Roman would call the run plays, David Shaw the passing plays and then I believe Harbaugh or Pep Hamilton decided on the final play call

Most retarded f**king system imaginable. No wonder this team still can't get over delay of game penalties after 3 seasons. Here's an amazingly brilliant idea, why not find one guy who can competently calling running AND passing plays and let him choose the play by himself and then make the call down to the sidelines.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
That's the way Harbaugh ran things at Stanford. Roman would call the run plays, David Shaw the passing plays and then I believe Harbaugh or Pep Hamilton decided on the final play call

Most retarded f**king system imaginable. No wonder this team still can't get over delay of game penalties after 3 seasons. Here's an amazingly brilliant idea, why not find one guy who can competently calling running AND passing plays and let him choose the play by himself and then make the call down to the sidelines.

Harbs is a micro manager. Too bad it will not be sorted out and fixed in time if we meet Seattle in the NFCCG.
Wow, interesting assessment on what sounds like to be an offensive delegation coaching system.
If the 49er assistant were judged to be top tier material, teams would wait until the 49er playoff run is done.
Okay so the chronically bad issues that this team continually has with playclock management & timeout is starting to all make sense now. If this offensivee delegation type system of calling plays is true no wonder it takes so f***ing long to run a stupid play. This topic has been rehashed 100 times over on these forums but I read a comment leading me to believe that this epically bad problem with managing the play calls and timeouts may just completely scare teams off from wanting anything to do with Greg Roman whatsoever. I mean the fact that a lot of these teams just don't have time to wait around for a coaching candidate who is still involved in the playoffs has to be a determining factor at some point, but the perceived epidemic that the Niners seem to have with the clock management issues must also have some bearing on it.