LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

2014 Opponents Home/Away

Shop Find 49ers gear online
2014 regular season schedule San Francisco 49ers-

Home- Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, NFC North- Chicago Bears

Away- Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, NFC South- New Orleans Saint
Goddamnit we have to go to New Orleans again.

Gonna be fun to see Alex back. He's going to wish Levi's was his home stadium.

I love it when I see the Cowboys on the schedule.

Always nice to see the Raiders as an away game. Instant W.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:08 AM ]
I have a feeling we're going to dallas on Thanksgiving.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That would be cool. Have the 49ers ever played on thanksgiving before? I can't remember.
SEA (W)
STL (W)
AZ (W)
KC (W)
WAS (W)
CHI (W)
PHI (W)
SD (W)

@SEA (L)
@STL (W)
@AZ (W)
@DAL (W)
@NYG (W)
@DEN (L)
@OAK (W)
@NO (W)

14-2

Definitely looks easier than this years schedule.

Stoney, how did you see who the home/road opponents were? I know the matchup formula, but I didnt think they released the home/away info until closer to the season?
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Stoney, how did you see who the home/road opponents were? I know the matchup formula, but I didnt think they released the home/away info until closer to the season?

It was out months ago and there have been a few threads on it already. You can figure it out for years in advance. Only ones you don't know are the 2 who will finish the same place as you in the division you face that year. Here is through 2017:
http://www.pslsource.com/san_francisco_49ers_future_schedule_of_opponents/

As for the schedule hopefully we can go 7-1 or 8-0 at home. 6-2 at worst because on the road at Denver, at Saints and at Seattle could be losses. Maybe even at Giants or Rams/AZ. So something like 4-4/5-3 on the road and 6-2 to 8-0 at home. We will see but 11-5 to 12-4 would probably be a safe guess.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

That would be cool. Have the 49ers ever played on thanksgiving before? I can't remember.

2011 against the ravens.

But how do we know that we're going to NO and play Chicago at home? Could it be the reversed?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
But how do we know that we're going to NO and play Chicago at home? Could it be the reversed?
Nope thats on a formula to and it's locked in. Playoffs cant change that. It's locked in for years to come I believe just like the rest of the rest of the schedule. Pretty much the only thing you don't know is who will finish in the same place as you for that division that is up for the rotation. You do know what division you finish the same place as if its home or away just dont know the team.

Check this site out shows through 2017
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM ]
LOL. Why do we play at New Orleans every single year? This has got to be rigged. Don't they ever play at our house?
Originally posted by Gore_21:

It was out months ago and there have been a few threads on it already. You can figure it out for years in advance. Only ones you don't know are the 2 who will finish the same place as you in the division you face that year. Here is through 2017:

As for the schedule hopefully we can go 7-1 or 8-0 at home. 6-2 at worst because on the road at Denver, at Saints and at Seattle could be losses. Maybe even at Giants or Rams/AZ. So something like 4-4/5-3 on the road and 6-2 to 8-0 at home. We will see but 11-5 to 12-4 would probably be a safe guess.

Yeah, I know how they figure out opponents, but I wanted to know how he has the home/road matchups already.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:34 AM ]

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

2011 against the ravens.

How could I forget! Major fail on my part.

The schedules are mostly determined years in advance. We knew before the season started that in 2014 the NFC North same place finisher (CHI), would be a home game, and the NFC South same place finisher (NO) would be a away game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. Why do we play at New Orleans every single year? This has got to be rigged. Don't they ever play at our house?

It's the way the schedule falls, it's a formula. Reason we didn't play those teams like NO, GB for awhile is we were 3rd and 4th in the division for a long time 02-10 and they were 1-2 so we never faced them unless it was in our 3 year rotation of what nfc division we play.

It's the way the schedule falls, it's a formula. Reason we didn't play those teams like NO, GB for awhile is we were 3rd and 4th in the division for a long time 02-10 and they were 1-2 so we never faced them unless it was in our 3 year rotation of what nfc division we play.

It looks like the formula is to give New Orleans the advantage every single year when they play us.....

Yup. It just so happened NO finished 2nd place in their division, like us. The fact it is an away game was already determined years in advance.
Yeah, I know how they figure out opponents, but I wanted to know how he has the home/road matchups already.

The home road matchups were decided back then too, it's nothing new. Check that site out it's based on a formula has through 2017 so we know who we will face home and away through then. You could go even further than 2017 if you wanted to.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone